It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICE arrests 280 at Texas firm, biggest immigration bust in a decade

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
These will be the tip of the iceberg that is the voting block the Democrats are moving into Texas in preparation for 2020.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
280 people arrested. How many of them were

Owners of the business
Managers of the Business
Stock holders of the business.
Hiring supervisors of the business

Not one that was mentioned in the article. NOT ONE
The only people arrested according to the article were the people who were here illegally.

From the article

“Businesses that knowingly hire illegal aliens create an unfair advantage over their competing businesses," Berger said. “They take jobs away from U.S. citizens and legal residents, and they create an atmosphere poised for exploiting their illegal workforce.”

We all agree with this I think. But we will never solve this problem as long as we focus on the people who are here illegally because those who are here legally and then profit from those who are here illegally are almost NEVER arrested and processecuted.

Arrest the managers. Arrest the owners. Arrest all those who profit off the of the labor of slave labor that work for them illegally.

I watched a 20 minute press briefing by a woman working for ICE (I think) and there were questions about owners and managers and I think they “couldn’t comment” if any of them were charged when directly asked, but I got the impression from what she said that none of them were arrested or charged. The owners, managers, president, VP & especially HR need to be charged and booked. They were caught with the people on site. Isn’t that proof that the crime was committed? How are they not guilty – I’d like to know what laws they have broken that are clear as day, that they haven't’ been charged with. If it is none, I’d like to find out why it isn’t illegal.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
These will be the tip of the iceberg that is the voting block the Democrats are moving into Texas in preparation for 2020.

Clearly.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Sounds like a great idea . Probably why it won't happen

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Come on man really. They can't comment. Yet. What if the employer did their jobs and vetted all via the FEDS system or each person had an illegally obtained Social Security Card, which when checked by the employer were given the green light to hire. Yea, it happens all of the time and maybe one of the illegals has your grandfathers Social Security number. Think about it. Yes, its that bad out there.

Also how don't we know whether the Feds verification system is also compromised. We don't.

edit on 4-4-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 4-4-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Waterglass

As I said ''almost'' never arrested. In the case you mention apparently they were prosecuted.

My point though is where is the public focus. That focus is not on those who hire illegal workers but on the illegal workers themselves. For all the vitriol that is lavished on the workers, there seems little to not outrage on those that hire them. Over and over and over.

Trump wants to scare away illegal workers, or so he says. Conservatives want to stop illegal workers from working here.
But apparently the owners of American factories and construction firms and such do not want to stop hiring illegal workers. That would cut into their bottom line and they do not want that.

Maybe if the outrage of ''anti'' illegal workers was turned to ''anti'' companies that hire them, we could get a better handle on the problem.

Let's say you are a business owner.
You are not aware that any of your employees are illegals.
ICE raids your business and finds that a number of your employees are illegal aliens.
When you hired them, they all filled out the necessary paperwork and submitted identification (although fraudulent ID).
What is your crime?

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Thank you and amen

I worked as an executive for decades and yes, yes, yes it does happen.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The majority of posters in this thread agree that the business owners should be liable for this somehow.

But how many of you are actually going to take the current law makers that we all voted for to task over this?

Not a single person running for potus in 2020 is talking about this part of the illegal worker issue.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

The majority of posters in this thread agree that the business owners should be liable for this somehow.

If only we had an electronic citizenship verification system. We could call it E-verify for short.

It's almost like companies lobby to not be punished for this.

Part of me wonders why an industry would want to skirt laws to pay people less who can't claim workers rights.

🤷‍♂️

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

"Owners" have little latitude when a stolen ID comes up as genuine 😎

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

"Owners" have little latitude when a stolen ID comes up as genuine 😎

Stolen ID has a picture.

Also E-verify uses a social. You also have to have two forms of ID (unless you have a passport, which satisfies the ID requirement).

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

They also use:

Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)
😎

The Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to ensure that people – including unauthorized immigrants – pay taxes even if they do not have a Social Security number and regardless of their immigration status.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It's about time they started doing the job that we pay them to do. It baffles me that people have sympathy for illegals that are here committing count after count of fraud. These are people that lie, cheat, steal, embezzle and will screw you and our country every chance they get, if they think they can benefit from it and these are the good ones.

We need more of these type of people here, they will be good for America and it's citizens. Why are we not giving away more jobs to these fine upstanding future model citizens? Do we have no shame?

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Can't use an ITIN on Everify.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Waterglass
Just thinking about AOC. Is she owned by the Cabal? Hay Hay

Not for nothing but the CEO, Howard (Edward) Cho is a Republican donor.

And yet I find nothing from much more recent documentation.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

When I lived in Texas and my kids were growing up we would frequently head over to Houston and the surrounding area on the weekends to browse the various flea markets. Often there were booths set up where you could get fake ID, Social Security cards and even passports- supposedly for "entertainment purposes only". They took your picture to go on the IDs and everything. I let the kids get fake IDs that showed them as being over 21 (12 and 14 at the time) and comparing them to my own ID I could not find any differences but one- a different color of ink was used on one line. Thank goodness nowadays they use holographic images, etc. in order to ferret out fake IDs. Anyway when one of the booths would get busted and shut down they would just pop up again within a few weeks at another flea market.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
And yet I find nothing from much more recent documentation.

So?

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I’d like to know what laws they have broken that are clear as day, that they haven't’ been charged with. If it is none, I’d like to find out why it isn’t illegal

I'm no expert on either the law or it's enforcement Troof, but to my mind that answer is simple. Cheap labor. Not just cheap labor but quiescent labor. labor that is fearful of discovery so they work cheaply and do not complain or rock the boat.
And the only reason I can come up with as to why what laws there are on this issue seem so lax is because there are just to many companies guilty of hiring undocumented or falsely documented workers.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Sounds like a great idea . Probably why it won't happen

If we were of a mind to do so and rooted down to the bottom line of why not I suspect that we would uncover a conspiracy so widespread that it would kill the economy to do anything ''real'' about it.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

There Butch, you have hit one of the nails on the head.

We are in the process of fighting over building a great wall to keep out the illegal workers. Billions and billions on this wall and other kinds of enforcement. This is the current battle line that is being drawn. To me it is the wrong battle line.
That battle line would be cheaper for the tax payer if more of that enforcement was taken care of by those most involved. The companies that hire illegal workers.

If there was incentive for companies to vet their employees more thoroughly instead of ''oh hell, that id looks good to me'' kind of vetting then maybe this problem would lessen. However, if there are little in the way of laws against negligent vetting then it is easy for employers to say, Ain't my problem, cuz he had his name scribbled on the back of a napkin.

Exaggerated of course but that is my point. There seems little reason for employers to forego the cheap and quiescent labor they can find in that market place and hence why bother with a standard that the rest of the country is fighting over at this time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join