It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bring your baby to work, California proposes new law

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I know that some people are off their rockers in Cali, but this one takes that cake

www.kcra.com...

The new legislation would allow state workers to bring their babies to the office if they are between 6 weeks to 6 months old or until the baby walks, whichever happens first.

There is nobody that supports parents being with their baby in the early months more than me, but this is insane. Could you imagine babies in your office or workplace. There is not one single job i've ever had that it would have been appropriate.
Pretty soon, they will expect taxpayers to pay those babies too. I'm not saying it wouldn't work at all, I'm just saying it wouldn't work in most places.
How about the people that don't want to hear crying all day. We know how well some parents watch their kids. This is just a disaster. I doubt it'll pass, but you never know, we are talking California.

How about instead of this, we work on maternity and paternity reform. Or, how about parents make sure they are ready, financially, emotionally and schedule wise before they have kids!

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Jesus, it’s a BYOB.
There will be some fad women getting pregnant just so they can carry their baby around in their purses.
Like they do with those little dogs.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I know that some people are off their rockers in Cali, but this one takes that cake

I've seen much worse ones from California. This is typical California politics.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The new legislation would allow state workers to bring their babies to the office if they are between 6 weeks to 6 months old or until the baby walks, whichever happens first.

I think that's the thing, only STATE workers. So no worry about the brat suckling the cashier at Micky D's or Bugger King.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I've seen much worse ones from California. This is typical California politics.
Lol...lol... 600 channels on cable and nothing to watch..... Ahhhh, lets go make a law...... I'm board.

link   
a reply to: Plotus

I think that's the thing, only STATE workers.

Somehow, in my mind that even makes it worse!
Can you imagine babies at the DMV, or the courthouses........

link   
Does it say anything about who can bring them home though?

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

OMG....... omg, catastrophe......glad it's cali, not here.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Zoe is one of more than 140 babies who have participated in Schools’ program. About 20% of the caregivers who participate are fathers working for the credit union.

Not sure about other parents on here. My middle child had severe colic, and due to sleep deprivation I almost burnt down our house. Yeaaaaa, That's exactly the kind of person I want doing my banking, NOT!

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

just so they can carry their baby around in their purses.

A purse these days is usually a phone wallet case where you can hold your credit cards in,

Bring you fetus to work, takes less space than a credit card!

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Just leave some Tide pods laying out. Nature will take care of the rest.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I like the idea under one condition.

Baby battle royal, a hunger games if you will.

We all bet on which baby gets the bottle in the middle.... No rules.

One winner.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Where do you put a childs car seat on a forklift?

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Where do you put a childs car seat on a forklift?

On top of the back plate for the forks... Dual purpose. You get to keep an eye on them while you work, and it should serve as a natural alarm if you get too close to the ceiling.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Yeah, imagine you wait in line for 2 hours at the DMV and when it's your turn the woman working your counter has a crying baby, so she takes 20 to breast feed and you are left waiting for another 20 mins (becausse she is the only one handling "that" issue that day)..

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If they want to do it at personally owned businesses and the owner wants them there, that's one thing, but if it is state workers, that wouldn't be a good idea.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I believe it's totally worse. We've all been to these sorts of environments in one way or another, why would anyone want their baby, in their most influential times of their lives, to be absorbing those environments?? I'm just trying to imagine ladies in the social security office with their babies while they're telling someone they aren't getting the help they need all the while the other person is yelling at them for not being helpful.

Not only that but those people already have a lot of work to do, I can only imagine how much less work would be done if they're constantly taking care of their children while at work. I don't understand at all how anyone could think this is a good idea.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Yeah, imagine you wait in line for 2 hours at the DMV and when it's your turn the woman working your counter has a crying baby, so she takes 20 to breast feed and you are left waiting for another 20 mins (becausse she is the only one handling "that" issue that day)..

I’d be demanding she be multitasking in that situation. She can keep a hand free for doing paperwork

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I took my kid to work once. We were in the mainframe room and after getting over his amazement he pushed the emergency stop button on one of the mainframes. Like I said I took my kid to work ONCE.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I would personally rather pay an employee to stay at home. Why would anybody want a baby stuck at their work all day?

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc
I took my kid to work once. We were in the mainframe room and after getting over his amazement he pushed the emergency stop button on one of the mainframes. Like I said I took my kid to work ONCE.

That is priceless, and see you are still telling the story. Imagine if you had 6 months of those stories!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join