It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POPE Publicly Denies Gospel~ Churches Mission is NOT to Convert as it always leads to Dead End

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
OK I'm triggered!!! What is the Catholic Pope Saying here? Did he actually say that- YES he actually DID say that... Im beside myself Definitions aside this Is not Christian Or Catholic.

Lets define the actual words for those of you who simply don't understand these archaic Words that he used ....

From Wiki: Proselytism (/ˈprɒsəlɪtɪzəm/) is the act of attempting to convert people to another religion or opinion.
This is the literal English translation of cul de sac:
A cul de sac is a dead-end street, particularly one with a circle for turning around at the end.

This is the Gospel of Mathew: JESUS's OWN WORDS........

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

THIS Is the QUOTE FROM THE CATHOLIC POPE that resides in ROME just in case there was any questions....

"The paths of mission are not those of “proselytism,” Francis said, as it always leads to a “cul-de-sac.”

This is absolutely Horrific to think the POPE denied his religion to APPEASE MUSLIMS. Just f ing WOW This is the real DOOM No matter the audience no matter the country NEVER DENY Your FAITH especially as the sole leader.

Where does this lead to?....An Islamic Global Caliphate ? The pope is working for Islam.... like WTF???

Thoughts ATS?

cruxnow.com...

edit on 3-4-2019 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2019 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

The Catholic Church is not what you think it is.

The NWO wants a different religion. Christianity went way too far with Jesus' message of do unto others.

Ya all want proof?

The Pope's audience hall. Inside the head of the snake, with the Pope as the mouthpiece. Take a look at the statue behind the Pope.

The statue and a closeup.

Now you know where Satan has been hiding all these years.

P

edit on 3/4/2019 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I like Pope Francis. I think he's great.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

It's a smart move by the Pope for this population of 40,000 or less. If the group pushes their religion- they either get pushed out of the country or killed.
If they live by the tenants of the Catholic faith and make no overt moves to convert others around them, they will stay in the country peacefully and have opportunity to introduce the other inhabitants to the tenants of their faith.
They also have the opportunity to raise their families there, and Catholics at one time were known for very large families.

Francis is a Jesuit, due to your moniker here, I assume you know the history of the order. He is just playing the long game.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

What about this part?

From your source.

“We are Christians because we have been loved and encountered, and not as the result of proselytism,” Francis said. “Being Christian is about knowing that we have been forgiven and are asked to treat others in the same way that God treated us.”

I believe he is talking about the different paths.

“We do this by the way we live as disciples of Jesus, in the midst of those with whom we share our daily lives, joys and sorrows, suffering and hopes,” the pope said.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   

As always, you should take a look at a larger part of the original text than just a snippet:

This means, dear friends, that our mission as baptized persons, priests and consecrated men and women, is not really determined by the number or size of spaces that we occupy, but rather by our capacity to generate change and to awaken wonder and compassion. We do this by the way we live as disciples of Jesus, in the midst of those with whom we share our daily lives, joys and sorrows, suffering and hopes (cf. Gaudium et Spes, 1). In other words, the paths of mission are not those of proselytism. Please, these paths are not those of proselytism! Let us recall Benedict XVI: “the Church grows not through proselytism, but through attraction, through witness”. The paths of mission are not those of proselytism, which leads always to a cul-de-sac, but of our way of being with Jesus and with others. The problem is not when we are few in number, but when we are insignificant, salt that has lost the flavour of the Gospel – this is the problem – or lamps that no longer shed light (cf. Mt 5:13-15).
Source

I think that there is much more to this. He speaks of a church which should not attack non-believers with amounts of liturgical nonsense but with ideas that matter, speaking of principles which go further than "have you thought about your saviour????" with this kind of stare in their eyes which really, really spooks people.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Your missing the point He denied the Gospel he didn't have to mention it at all, he could have left that thought and those words out of his speech but he did not .... that statement is in direct conflict with everything he is supposed to stand for. So being that Christians are NOT to convert because it leads to a dead end.... it leaves the Catholic Church where? not a spiritual entity for salvation to heaven but simply a service organization.

Converts to Christianity do so for primarily SPIRITUAL reasons which don't happen without Proselytism which is the act of attempting to convert people to another religion or opinion. He denied that with his statement.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The Pope says a lot of things, his Motto should be 'Do as I say not as I do.'

Building Walls divides people - But Lives behind one.

Give all your Money to God - But lives in a palace made of Gold.

Don't Worship Idols - But has Idols everywhere throughout the Catholic Church places of Worship.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I have never thought of Catholics as real Christians. While most Catholic people I have met are genuine, good folks; the religion always seems to be serving interests other than that of God or Christ.
edit on 2019/4/4 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Think of Frank Herbert's Dune.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Jesus argued with the Pharisees on the Law - therefore he was fluent in all Rabbinical teachings.

Nothing suggests he came here to start a new religion.

Any who proselytize Christianity are not following in his footsteps.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Thread fail - you took his words out of context.

cruxnow.com...

Francis also told those gathered, who weren’t enough to fill even half of the cathedral in downtown Rabat, that being a Christian isn’t about “adhering to a doctrine, or a temple or an ethnic group.”

“Being Christian is about an encounter,” he said.

“We are Christians because we have been loved and encountered, and not as the result of proselytism,” Francis said. “Being Christian is about knowing that we have been forgiven and are asked to treat others in the same way that God treated us.”

“Proselytism” generally refers to efforts to persuade people to adopt a particular religion. Modern popes, however, have used it to mean the use of pressure or inducements, contrasting it negatively with “evangelization,” by which they mean proposing the Christian message without attempting to impose it.

Quoting his predecessor St. Paul VI, Francis said that the Catholic Church is called to enter into dialogue with modern society but not to “follow a fashion,” and even less a strategy for increasing the raw numbers of faithful.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It sounds to me like he and the biblical Christ are in agreement. Biblical Jesus did say...

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

He also said...

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Sounds like the Pope is saying the same thing. Don't be a hypocrite. Make sure your life reflects what's coming out of your mouth. Practice what you preach, and so on. Proselytizing without example is hypocritical and worthless.

Not that I have any love for the pope or the Catholic church, or even Christianity, but what he's saying is scriptural, though he could have worded it better.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Pope is kind of right. Christianity is not meant to be a force converter. Every religion says "Treat others as if you wanted to be treated."

So if Christians start force converting they are already asking for an empire and war. That is not what God wants. People will naturally come and go. You can't stop that.

Fact: Christianity was design on purpose to help the poor in the West. Not the other way around.

Another Fact: Buddhism is the Christianity of the East. That is why China refuse the Christian belief. The very reason we have Shaolin monks in China is because of constant war. Just like we have Knights in the West.

If only Christians can accept the fact that Buddhism is also like Christianity everything would be fine. But, the Gov of the West used it as force converter for colonialism and slave control. This lead to the Opium wars. Got to remember Opium wars. Stop messing with your yellow brothers in the East.

You can look at India's Hindu salve system as an example and what your ancestors tried to do during Opium war. First class and 2nd class. Who is right?
edit on 4-4-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join