It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I picked up a Hitch Hiker

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: horseplay

Please for Gods sakes don't ever do that again. You could pick up hitchhikers back in the 70s maybe, but their are just way too many crazies to try that now. I am a guy who is bouncer size and I wouldn't do it.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: TinySickTears

its 2019 my friend

cant be picking up hitchers

As a male I only pick up female hitchhikers within 2 miles of a high school.

But then again, 2019, I've accidentally stopped for a few guys with really long hair and tight pants.

I guess none of us are safe anymore.

lol. Before you let them in the car you have to ask what gender identity they have so you don't get it trouble for calling them the wrong thing

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Couple years ago a guy approached me at a stop sign. said can I give him a ride a few blocks away. It was july, hotter than all getout, so I agreed. He was a bigger buy, all sweaty and panting. We went to a somewhat seedy part of town. He said let me off at that corner. I did. During the ride he told me all about his son, in the hospital, 300 miles away, and how he needed to get to him. Also told me his name. His real name. Told him that all I could do was drop him off...

Turns out not two days I learn that he has carjacked a girl at a convenience store, and beat her within an inch of her life.

Moral...lesson learned for me. Don't do it again!

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLorax

Well Australia is a bit ways off from the places I was thinking on picking up hitchhikers. But ya, probably should pick them up I guess, supposed to be pretty hot there, and who knows, probably get attacked by a kangaroo or something if they tried to walk to far. Just saying, seems like a different tempo there down under.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Do you know being over compassionate can have deadly consequences?

These people are called bleeding heart liberals.

Lead solely by compassion and no logic.

I use the safety raft example

If a boat was sinking and a safety raft could only hold so many.

Bleeding hearts will continue to save people from drowining only to capsize the safety raft, ultimately killing everyone.

Maturity is the counter solution and usually comes with age
edit on 6-4-2019 by Bloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Wow, I finally thought I found a thread without alt right politics in it, but sure enough somebody brings it up insinuating helping other people is bad. Stories like this shouldn't discourage people from being compassionate and helping others. I get that compassion and helping less fortunate people goes against the conservative ideology, but put a cork in it.

edit on 4 6 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Wow, I finally thought I found a thread without alt right politics in it, but sure enough somebody brings it up insinuating helping other people is bad. Stories like this shouldn't discourage people from being compassionate and helping others. I get that compassion and helping less fortunate people goes against the conservative ideology, but put a cork in it.

So you believe there is no consequence to being overly compassionate?

The entire role of a leader is to remove compassion and be able to Make tough decisions that may harm a few in order to protect millions.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I live in Arizona. It was 10+ years ago. I was doing some sight-seeing in the southern part of the state. I was a few miles outside of Ajo headed for Tucson. Came upon a man walking along the highway, 100+ degrees, hunched over, no water or shade within many miles. I stopped and asked him if he needed a lift. He jumped in. We made small talk, and I tried to find out what he was doing walking along that stretch of highway without any support. It turns out he had just been released from the Ajo jail for a term served for wife beating. (That's why I carry a .45 next to my seat.) He was walking home, 72 miles from Ajo to Sells, in the desert, no water. Jeez. So I took him to Sells. i hope his wife is OK. Not at all sure what to do in this sort of situation in the future.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   

A lady I went to college with and her husband, both leaders in their church and running their business own non-profit, were on a date night together and decided to pick up someone and give them a ride. Their bodies were found burned in their car. Police later said the dude murdered them over pocket change and lit the car/bodies on fire. This was just several months ago and they had children they left behind.

I hate that being nice can come to these things...I want to see never pick up someone again, and yet I went to say not to live in fear....best to be safe in the end I suppose...

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I picked up a guy hitching from the gaol.
For some odd reason my son decided to talked creepy word games to him. He must have thought he was trapped with a junior pedo (I couldn't hear, my daughter told me later).

We stopped at the supermarket and my daughters Siamese decided to get stuck between the car panels. He got her out for us.

We dropped him off at the train station. After I heard what my son had said... ... That poor man probably wanted to go back to gaol.

I picked up a woman in Miles, QLD on a dangerougly hot day. Turned out she was running from an abusive guy with a cult.

Had a few dramas with the police, the cop wanted her to stay with him, pretending she was mentally ill. We crammed as much of her stuff in my troopy, as we could fit.

Made the cop put the distributor cap back on her car, then we blasted off, doubled back, and left in a different direction.

We stopped at a servo and she snapped her sim card and bought another one.

About eight hours of driving and we stopped at a motel and waited for her family to meet up with us.

They hadn't seen her for years and they were hugging and kissing her. I was pretty happy about that.

She later rang me and told me the cop had given all my details to her psycho ex, and the little girl living in the house was missing.

If I hadn't picked her up (crazy ex came after her), she may have ended up as dead/disapperared as his former girlfriend (the child's mother). The old guy was also involved in some sort of financial fraud.

It was a very bad scene, with all these young blokes hanging around, the guys old wife attacking me, and this cop, trying to insist that she stayed.
Luckily I know the law.

They were keeping her as some sort of servant to homeschool the child. The bed she had was the size of a cot. Very creepy. She was well educated and a very nice lady.

She later sued the cop.

I'm glad I picked her up. Good luck Pam.

I worry for the child, I didn't know about child trafficking then. A little girl about ten, dressed as a boy. No-one in the house was related to her.
edit on 7-4-2019 by TheLorax because: Correction

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

originally posted by: Barcs

So you believe there is no consequence to being overly compassionate?

The entire role of a leader is to remove compassion and be able to Make tough decisions that may harm a few in order to protect millions.

Is that is why they cremate care at the ceremony of 'Cremation of Care'?
edit on 7-4-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I don't view this website or post very often, but little acts of kindness are what makes the world go round. It's unfortunate that this time you got no recognition for it, but do not ever let a single experience out of millions dampen your spirit for kindness and decency.

Please, watch this short video.

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LongArmLugh

Aww, that was a heartwarming video.
I won't let this incident stop me from doing random acts of kindness, I was just so shocked when I was worried she was dieing in my car. I don't know a lot about the harder drugs, just what I see on the news which is typically bad.

I probably won't pick up any more people, unless I happen to know them.
It is interesting to read other peoples stories, some bad, but some very good. It's nice to have some inspiration for humanity.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join