It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I picked up a Hitch Hiker

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: horseplay

If you were my daughter, you'd be sooooo fussed at.

Don't do that again, please.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
You are lucky, you might not have made it home after that.
You don't know what could have been wanting for you once you got to that house

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hello Horseplay!
Be glad you parted from her so easily.
I'm not nearly so quick to give a total stranger a ride anymore.
You never know how safe the place will be when you get there. Not to mention someone could potentially block you in when you get there.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You're a character, cowboy. lol. The thought of her being a serial killer actually occurred to me. You never know I suppose. till it's too late.
yeah, I'm never. ever. picking up anyone ever again. Even if it's a girl.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

yep, I left her at the curb but I couldn't turn around fast enough. bad neighborhood. very out of my element. beat myself up all the way home.
never again. big mistake.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

People like that make it difficult to follow our natural inclination to help others. I often want to give that extra dollar in my wallet to the panhandler, but then I think I am just being a sucker.

I am sorry you experienced that today.

I never give money to panhandlers, but I will occasionally buy food and give that to them -- things like apples or bananas or stop by with cans of dog food for their dogs.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

its 2019 my friend

cant be picking up hitchers

As a male I only pick up female hitchhikers within 2 miles of a high school.

But then again, 2019, I've accidentally stopped for a few guys with really long hair and tight pants.

I guess none of us are safe anymore.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: horseplay
a reply to: Trucker1

yep, I left her at the curb but I couldn't turn around fast enough. bad neighborhood. very out of my element. beat myself up all the way home.
never again. big mistake.

you would have been ok on the serial killer front

not a lot of women serials out there

aileen of course

the ladies are the black widows or the angels of death

men are the serials

so dont pick up any men

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Please, don’t ever do that again.
It’s a sad state of affairs these days were our kind nature will get us killed.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I would consider picking up a hitchhiker where I currently live 'South Carolina ' but there is zero chance I would do it on the West Coast...or in any big city.

P.S.
Nice to be back after a long....long...long ban. I will try to keep it clean from now on! Lol

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This sounds like it could've been soooo much fun...

but you just had to go and get all prudish.

You really shouldn't be angry at her. No one was holding a gun to your head and you could have put her out whenever you wanted to.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Sister, you did a good thing. If you hadn't picked her up, probably a man would have, and what if it was a man who didn't have a problem taking advantage of a woman who kept nodding off? Or worse? You got her safely to where she was going to get to anyway. She's still alive so she still has hope and a chance of getting herself straightened out.

I do know how you feel though. I've been used many times by women with drug and alcohol problems. I'm a sober alcoholic and sometimes I'll go to AA meetings and be an ear for any "new" women who might have shown up for the first time. So I've been used for rides and money too, and it's maddening if you think about it one way. Or you can think about it another way, that you're keeping them from harm at least while they are in your care, and every second safe counts for them, because if they are still alive there is still hope.

You did a good thing, friend.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I have yet not to stop and ask if someone needs a ride . Although I live in an area in Georgia where there is not a lot of "stuff" going on .
You may have saved this person's life or prevented something bad happening to them .
Or , the delay was MEANT to save you from something bad.
Be thankful that everything turned out ok.
A life lesson learned perhaps by the both of you.
Ya never know....

Thank you! Sheesh, the only other person in this thread who didn't think the OP was reckless for giving a woman a ride. Sheesh.

I'm not surprised you're from Georgia, with your comment. I love the South for their manners and hospitality. I used to love it when we were on tour and the route took us through the South. I would get up every morning and run and then take a walk through the town, and I always got stopped by locals driving by, asking if I needed a ride anywhere. Not just men, either, it was everyone: men, women, young, old, couples, groups, single drivers. It happened in every city throughout the south.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Turn every negative into a positive.

So look on the bright side, if you ever need some drugs you know where to go.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

You were generous and kind to a stranger. Your intent was pure. You have nothing to be ashamed of. The onus was on her to make good use of your generosity. She failed miserably. Not you. She ruins it for all those souls who truly need help b/c she squanders the trust of kind people. You should sleep well tonight knowing you made the decision to help a fellow human.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If you were my daughter, you'd be sooooo fussed at.

Don't do that again, please.

I agree on the daughter part, but I picked up a couple hitchhikers within the past 4 years and actually thought to myself "I'm not trapped in this vehicle with them. They are trapped in this vehicle with me and that's very poor decision-making."

Fortunately I'm just a softy for people trying to hitchhike 60 miles. The most terrifying thing they had to endure was me passing slow people.

I agree with you though DB, DON'T EVER do that again OP... EVER. Bad business.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

The dirt bags are a dime a dozen horseplay, you tried to help somebody out and I commend you for that. But it is too dangerous these days

Shame somebody would take advantage of another person, and they will use all sorts of friendly and passive-aggressive tactics to get their way

It isn't your fault someone took advantage of you, after all your heart was in the right place trying to help her out

I know none of that will make you feel any better, but I hope you know you still did a good thing even if the person on the receiving end didn't deserve it. Sometimes we can do everything right and still wind up with a bad result

Take care!

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Yeah, despite knowing the risks and carrying a gun...

I have picked up a few in the last couple years. Didn't have any bad experiences, just asked them where they were headed and if it was close enough I rode them there. Didn't mind either, I actually enjoyed the friendly conversation of someone who wasn't passing out in the passenger seat

It is hit and miss, but I agree it is best practice not to stop. Same for disabled motorists. Never stops me from pulling up and seeing if they need a hand with something simple or to make a phone call

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I guess it’s a country thing. But I hitchhiked all over Hells half acre when I was a teenager . Before I had a car it was the only way to get from point A to point B .

Don’t see many hitchhikers nowadays though. But if I have the time I generally pick them up. I’ve have had no real problems whatsoever . Hell if I see someone heading down the road and they’re obviously in for a long walk or it’s cold . I go out of my way and I will even turn around to lend a hand .

I dropped the old lady and one of her friends off at the Cincinnati international airport one day at 6 AM . On the way in I saw this young black kid getting off a bus and walking towards the terminal. I figured he was going to work and my first thought was that shows character . ( because of the length of the walk )

So I shooed the ladies out at the passenger drop off. Drove back out to the entrance and turned around. Honked the horn and picked him up. He said it was about a 30 minute walk. As we chatted I found out he got up at four in the morning to make it to work with one bus transfer and the long ass walk I saw him in the middle of .

For me it was the best moment of that whole day. I helped out a young guy with a strong worth ethic and hopefully helped keep him on the straight and narrow .

Pay it forward .

edit on 3-4-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
OP, you did her a good turn. Heroin addicts get very sick in withdrawal. It can kill them.

My daughter and I picked up a mentally disabled women at an intersection (she was wandering back and forth), her pants were broken (raped?) I though she wanted to go to her dads house.

Took her to the flats, dropped her off, and my daughter says "mum, why did you take her to buy drugs?. Oops, went back to the intersection (police attending the prang), told them the problem, they said they would go and check on her.

I've hitch hiked heaps, and met wonderful people.

And I pick up hitch hikers. We picked up an mentally disabled woman and her teddy bear, she was going to see her foster mother who was raising her daughter. She stayed the night and I packed her food for the next day and rang the foster mum.

I arranged a lift for her, she had about 400km to go.

A young bloke was traveling with his dog, I took them for a swim, packed a lunch and gave the dog a bath. They had travelled 5000km, from Perth to Sydney.

I did get picked up by a very horny old lady who was into gang bangs. I had her drop me off in town and hid in the health food shop.

One guy I picked up stank so badly of beer, my face was going numb (I'm a celiac). We both had to keep our head out of the car, so I could avoid the gluten.

I get picked up by young blokes who have done their share of hitching. They are very sweet.

I tend to get older men to drop me off a bit away from my house, don't really want everyone knowing we're I live. Two men have asked to 'see' me. Married blokes. Not interested.

I recently picked up a 14 year old girl, hitch hiking in the early evening. I went a bit out of my way to get her to her grans, not much, but..... It's just part of protecting each other.

Don't let one sick women make you feel cheated. She didn't lie to you, hurt you or steal from you.
You OFFERED. And a heroin junkie is a pretty placid creature.

I've been very Ill, and people have really helped me by giving me lifts, I just wouldn't have made it under my own steam. Not much public transport here. I've even hitched with my sick cats in a cage.

And I'm very grateful.

When I pick up hitch hikers, I make sure my purse/valuables are out of reach.

My car looks like its finally going to be fixed.

I'll still pick up hitch hikers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join