It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Bond is a drunk says Aussies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

A new study published in the Medical Journal of Australia, says Bond displayed, “severe alcohol use disorder” over the course of six decades and 24 movies. The study authors found that in his entire onscreen career, Bond drank 109 times. His most excessive outing, when he downed six Vespers and raised his blood alcohol level to approximately .36 grams per deciliter in “Quantum of Solace,” was “enough to kill some people,” they noted.

iotwreport.com...

What the hell people!

You trying to take away all the fun in life? What's next? BACON?

Calling one of the coolest characters in 20th and 21st century film and literature a drunk is just crossing the damned line!

He's FICTION, you morons!

FICTION!

What's next? A study that says Superman can't really fly?

I like the Aussies. Really. They're a great people. You guys should slap the stupid out of their heads though. This crap has got to stop!

*I need a drink. . . . . *

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

His most excessive outing, when he downed six Vespers and raised his blood alcohol level to approximately .36 grams per deciliter in “Quantum of Solace,” was “enough to kill some people,” they noted.

I'd be fine.

Maybe a snack and a nap.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

If we can't even have fictional characters that are awesome, what's that say about our society?

I swear, this PC culture is just like a giant "fun" vacuum sucking the joy out of everything.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Alcoholism is his super power. That and shagging 10s around the world.

Let’s start the james bond challenge. Where we marathon all of the bond movies back to back starting with Dr. No, and drink every time Bond does. We’ll show those Aussies how it’s done.
edit on 3-4-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Right?

It's not like we're doing bond stuff like drinking before handling weapons and all terrain vehicles

Or at least no official record states I have....

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I need a government job so I can spend my time nerding out doing math on things/people that don't exist. Must be nice.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Of course he's a drunk.

He also raped a lesbian.

Books are fun.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

His most excessive outing, when he downed six Vespers and raised his blood alcohol level to approximately .36 grams per deciliter in “Quantum of Solace,” was “enough to kill some people,” they noted.

I'd be fine.

Maybe a snack and a nap.

Then a neat bourbon to get the shakes off.

Then back to drinking.
edit on 4/3/19 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A new study published in the Medical Journal of Australia, says Bond displayed, “severe alcohol use disorder” over the course of six decades and 24 movies. The study authors found that in his entire onscreen career, Bond drank 109 times. His most excessive outing, when he downed six Vespers and raised his blood alcohol level to approximately .36 grams per deciliter in “Quantum of Solace,” was “enough to kill some people,” they noted.

iotwreport.com...

What the hell people!

You trying to take away all the fun in life? What's next? BACON?

Calling one of the coolest characters in 20th and 21st century film and literature a drunk is just crossing the damned line!

He's FICTION, you morons!

FICTION!

What's next? A study that says Superman can't really fly?

I like the Aussies. Really. They're a great people. You guys should slap the stupid out of their heads though. This crap has got to stop!

Has anyone splatted your head upside and downside, and crossways lately?

*I need a drink. . . . . *

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think you all misunderstood the article so as an Aussie let me clear it up

We weren’t having a go at him, we were using him as justification.
“See Bond just hacked a government mainframe then jumped off a 60 storey building to get away after 6 Martini’s, don’t tell me I can’t have a beer during surgery”

Bloody snowflakes, you know nothing about Australia or Aussies if you think we see drinking to excess as a vice

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

“See Bond just hacked a government mainframe then jumped off a 60 storey building to get away after 6 Martini’s, don’t tell me I can’t have a beer during surgery”

Bloody snowflakes, you know nothing about Australia or Aussies if you think we see drinking to excess as a vice

You post the truth.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Thanks for pointing that out!!!

When I was in the service in Germany, Brits were in all the bars but the really dedicated drinkers were Aussies.

Dare I say, also ended up the best bar fighters after.

I think a sober Aussie would be a sad one.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Come to Australia and you will quickly find out we like our excessive alcohol consumption very much, in fact if you don't come to Australia and get blind rotten drunk, sunburnt and bitten by some nasty critter you're doing it wrong.

link   
Wait. 6 martinis is enough to KILL some people?? Are Aussies mice? How about 2 fifths of vodka? Yeah it was rough but alas, here I am.

Bond is nothing more than a fictional casual drinking spy.

link   

I'm really glad you found a way to say what I was thinking. I always thought Aussies and drinking went together.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Come to Australia and you will quickly find out we like our excessive alcohol consumption very much, in fact if you don't come to Australia and get blind rotten drunk, sunburnt and bitten by some nasty critter you're doing it wrong.

I too wonder if DBC Cowboy? is doing it wrong.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Do ya suppose the Aussies know that superman can't really fly?
Or maybe that explosions in space don't really make sound?

Good god, it's a movie...

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
If James Bond were real, he'd be dead already. The autopsy would show that his liver and kidneys had long ago failed and he had every STD known to man, plus a few that are unidentified. Not to mention more broken bones than Evil Kenievel.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
If James Bond were real, he'd be dead already. The autopsy would show that his liver and kidneys had long ago failed and he had every STD known to man, plus a few that are unidentified. Not to mention more broken bones than Evil Kenievel.

Not really, if he was intelligent as they tell, the he'd be taking organ tonics to keep him going, and going in a healthy way. And how do you know he wasn't always carrying condoms?
edit on 14CDT07America/Chicago02670730 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Oh. Okay.

You had me worried.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join