It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre denial suggests Ilhan Omar married her brother to get him into the United States

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This was well known before she was elected.
I find it interesting that the MSM has started caring now, I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that it’s being looked into right after she criticises Israel.

Shut it down!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: wookiee
a reply to: watchitburn

She is actually a representative of those who voted for her, is she not?

It's a start. The followers of Mo while soon have majority representation.

Yup, a representative of criminals, terrorists and religious zealots. Yay!

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Campaign or not its not legal. and more so, immoral to try to cheat the the people who put her into a position of power that she will abuse and continue to make it seem ok to her voters.
She needs to pay the fine and do the time.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

...you call it a "smear" yet she still didn't deny in. Instead, she issues a thinly veiled excuse laden statement about how "her past doesn't matter" hedging her bets against the truth coming out.

The countries they came from had poorly-to-non functioning governments. Using a different name or fake papers wouldn't be terribly difficult for someone coming from there.

I assume you can refute the allegation without smearing the source of it...? No?

I had a feeling you couldn't.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Isn't it just great?

Someone who attacks Israel, supports terror groups like Hamas and laughs about Al-Qaeda and now we find this out? A thorough investigation needs to be undertaken

Apparently she has no clue how much Al-Qaeda and the like are despised in this country after what they did to our country on 9/11

She's a real piece of work

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Agreed

Her highly irregular statements and past remarks paint a disturbing and even potentially dangerous situation for our country

The fact Omar is in a position to impact our military & very system of government is incredibly disturbing in light of the facts surrounding this individual

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Apparently the allegations aren't so far fetched. Her contempt for our law and law enforcement officers has been demonstrated by 2013 charges

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just came across this information, booking photo & 4 page complaint enclosed

Arresting officer's report indicates a "suspicious package" - which was handled by the bomb squad - was also involved in the incident.
edit on 4/3/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: pthena

...you call it a "smear" yet she still didn't deny in. Instead, she issues a thinly veiled excuse laden statement about how "her past doesn't matter" hedging her bets against the truth coming out.

The countries they came from had poorly-to-non functioning governments. Using a different name or fake papers wouldn't be terribly difficult for someone coming from there.

I assume you can refute the allegation without smearing the source of it...? No?

I had a feeling you couldn't.

Well to the side she's on, history doesn't matter. Look Nazi are hunted down and still have to stand trial for crimes they committed during the war, but the side that Omar is on takes money from a known Nazi that has never had to stand trail for his actions during the war. So sure just like everything else that particular party does, everything that happened an hour ago or more doesn't matter. On the other hand if you are not on that side of politics, eating bacon is a form of "anti-Semitism" and groups for impeachment or imprisonment.

Double standards? I wish that's what this is, it's more like delusional living for these people.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
so incest is cool...? or just re-write the laws according to what works for you...

Incest is cool in royalty, quite a few countries too, so long as its a cousin..ya, f'ing repulsive.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
alphanewsmn.com...

It seems the media outlet that initially broke the story on her brother has conducted an additional investigation in response to the Omar campaign's claims.

Hang on folks, things get even stranger.

As if things could not get any stranger in the Ilhan Omar marriage controversy, Alpha News has received several e-mails from Ahmed Nur Said Elmi the man who is believed to be the “legal” husband of Ilhan Omar demanding we remove his picture from our site. Based on evidence that Alpha News has obtained over the past few weeks, Elmi is also believed to be the biological brother of Omar.

Omar, in a carefully crafted statement, has said that she is married culturally to Ahmed Hirsi, the father of her three children who appears in her campaign literature. She said that she and Hirsi briefly separated and she then married a man from the UK named Ahmed Nur Said Elmi.

alphanewsmn.com... ign-14-696x392.png
Image of Omar posing with her family, including Ahmed Nur Said Elmi

Alpha News found Ahmed Nur Said Elmi’s e-mail address on a resume posting website called “branded.me”. Not only did the picture used on the resume look like other known pictures of Elmi, he also listed that he attended North Dakota State University, where he studied Fine Arts. In previous stories, Alpha News discovered that Ahmed Nur Said Elmi attended NDSU after he married Omar in 2009.

While there are several Ahmed Elmi’s in the world, it appears only one went to NDSU.

alphanewsmn.com...

alphanewsmn.com...

He replies to the email...

Alpha News e-mailed the address listed on the account last week and asked Elmi about his relationship to Ilhan Omar. Elmi responded that he is “not entirely sure I’m aware of what’s going on, but there seems to have been a mistake made.”

Elmi then confirmed that the photographs that are in the Alpha News articles are definitely of him, and says that: “no way am I affiliated with anyone in your articles. Nor do I recall being married to anyone. At least, from what I remember.”

alphanewsmn.com...

..after a brief accusation of "racism" from Elmi and his dodgy denials (much like Omar's), they reply

Alpha News then wrote back to Elmi along with 2 photos asking him: “Are you saying that the man pictured in the top photo is not the same man pictured in the one beneath? And you also happen both to be named Ahmed Elmi?” Alpha News also questioned Elmi on attending North Dakota State University. “We’ve noticed that you seem to have removed North Dakota State University from your LinkedIn profile that you included in your signature? If you could please explain, we would be happy to discuss removing the image from our site.”

alphanewsmn.com...

But his response was even stranger! A 180 folks. But crucially he does confirm he is in fact the man pictures in the photos

Elmi’s response to this e-mail was even stranger. He confirmed that the photographs that Alpha News sent to him are of him. In one of the photos, Elmi is pictured with Ilhan Omar. He says, “Yes – both photographs are of me. And they are both taken at various events that I go to from time to time.

alphanewsmn.com...

Alpha News checked with NDSU’s Office of Records and Registration and the university confirmed that there was no one by the name of “Ahmed Nur Said Elmi” that attended the school in spring of 2005 with that birthdate. Alpha News also confirmed with NDSU that once accepted to the school as either a foreign or domestic student, they automatically become a part of the school’s attendance records.

On the marriage license of Ahmed Nur Said Elmi and Ilhan Omar, the birthday listed for Elmi is April 4, 1985.

Alpha News continued to try and eliminate him as Omar’s legal husband by asking a series of questions and explained that we were running out of options.

An exasperated Elmi wrote back that he “can’t stress enough how bizarre it feels to answer these questions.”

alphanewsmn.com...

Confirmation of Key Photo
In the e-mail above, Elmi did confirm that the photo of the girls in uniform that was featured in Alpha News’ August 22nd article, are from his Instagram and are “family members”. He refers to the girls in the photo as “#nieces”. Most importantly is that Ilhan Omar, whose Instagram name is @hameey “liked” the photo. The photo is dated May 4, 2013.

New Instagram Photos
To add more fuel to the fire, Alpha News received new photographs from an unnamed source in the Somali community who forwarded photos from the Instagram account of Ahmed Nur Said Elmi. The photos, dated 2012, are of Elmi with Ilhan Omar’s then-newborn daughter Ilwad with the caption of “Nieces, fresh out of the [female anatomy]” and another photo of Omar’s father, Nur Said Elmi Mohamed, with the caption underneath the photo, reading “The father of…!The father of…!” Omar’s youngest daughter was born in 2012.

Who was saying there was no "there" there again?

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
People who do shady stuff should not enter into politics, the shady sh@t is only supposed to go on after being elected.
Anyway, if true, she should be fired out the door.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
To be clear, in this case, it's less about the idea that she had incestuous relations with her own brother. I actually don't believe she likely did, and more about the idea that she would marry him in name only simply to defraud the immigration system.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That is how I see this.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
To be clear, in this case, it's less about the idea that she had incestuous relations with her own brother. I actually don't believe she likely did, and more about the idea that she would marry him in name only simply to defraud the immigration system.

That is spot on as usual ketsuko

Although I find the marriage arrangement highly unusual and offensive to the institution of marriage, we have seen so much weird # in the last decade that it hardly surprises

It is 100% about her defrauding the immigration system and her proven history of both disgracing our laws, supporting terror groups, defrauding the United States and now being in a position of power AKA a real wolf in sheep's clothing, or as two former DHS and ICE special agents said a "Trojan Horse" embedded in the heart of our government.

Dangerous!

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

To investigate her would be isomorphic in today's world

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Although there is some question as to whether or not the marriage was legally dissolved once they got what they wanted from it.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Pathetic excuse for a Congressperson. If this doesn't raise a red flag, I don't know what will. We should start "vetting" political candidates from now on! There should be no place in American politics for someone who sides with The Muslim Brotherhood or CAIR...NONE!

Do her a solid? Ilhan Omar’s hoping Donald Trump can help free an imprisoned Muslim Brotherhood member

Ilhan just wants to help out a “political prisoner” … who apparently just so happens to be pretty high up on the Muslim Brotherhood food chain.

twitchy.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Let her stay and incite the voters in 2020

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

It's funny too.. Ellen Degenerate has selfies she's with Omar and they "danced together, and with J Lo to Maroon 5" (even though Ilhan Omar is apologetically supportive of Sharia law)... and yet Ellen is on a social justice campaign to boycott Brunei hotels because of support for stoning LGTBQ people to death

Hypocrite much?

All these celebrities are hypocrites to the 10th degree

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

I am a Muslim and I do not condone this anti Islamic action, it is forbidden to marry your brother or sister in Islam

chapter 4:23 "women"

"Prohibited to you [for marriage] are your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, your father's sisters, your mother's sisters, your brother's daughters, your sister's daughters, your [milk] mothers who nursed you, your sisters through nursing, your wives' mothers, and your step-daughters under your guardianship [born] of your wives unto whom you have gone in. But if you have not gone in unto them, there is no sin upon you. And [also prohibited are] the wives of your sons who are from your [own] loins, and that you take [in marriage] two sisters simultaneously, except for what has already occurred. Indeed, Allah is ever Forgiving and Merciful.

quran.com...

so no

But Muslims are allowed to lie to infidels in order to conquer them. I think Rep. Omar was thinking that Allah doesn't care about U.S. paper marriages. So legally but not religiously marrying you brother is an acceptable practice to bring another holy warrior to the Great Satan's lair.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join