It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BlackPeopleTwitter on Reddit now banning white users.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Good on you Assassin82

Thank you for calling out their deplorable behavior, regardless of what some naysayers nay-say

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Boadicea

For the record I actually like BlackPeopleTwitter on reddit a lot, there are some interesting, funny, and though provoking posts on there. I lurk there, I omit myself because I'm not black.

Good for you! (But I'm not surprised either)

I like to lurk on websites too, because it's a great way to learn and understand the issues and experiences and feelings of other people from their own voices. It helps me to be a little more empathetic, more appreciative, more respectful, and even more inspired!

OR it does exactly the opposite. I find out just how contemptible, vile and deplorable they are from their own voices...

Either way, I was always taught that history is written by the victors, and not to judge others by ONLY what their enemies have to say about them. So whenever and wherever possible, people should be given every opportunity to speak for themselves, for better AND worse.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Its OK

They are black and their discriminating against whites so its not racist.

Perfectly acceptable, Nothing to see here

It's not racist because it's discrimination.

Everyone discriminates to some extent. I only date women, I don't date men or trans. That's just an example.

Bigot

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I visited this subreddit for a few minutes. There's some pretty extreme racism being displayed by many of the members. Whether it was a joke or not the racism there is out of hand.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Before you know it, they'll be making us drink at separate water fountains too!!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Edit: One way they are verifying black users, is by having them write their user name on their arm. This way they can see the user is a black person.

But there’s black people out there, that are very light skinned. I even knew a black family that had a redhead. They tested paternity, she was a white skinned black.
Mixed races, many of them.
Maybe they’re not “black enough”?

Racism, from any direction, should get trickier with people mixing it up.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I like to lurk on websites too, because it's a great way to learn and understand the issues and experiences and feelings of other people from their own voices.

It's a good way not to get caught in a bubble too.

Depending on news stories, I'll go to RT if it has to do with Russia, Haaretz if it has to do with Israel so on and so forth. I take what they say with the same grain of salt as with domestic media. Usually my opinion falls somewhere in between, sometimes a take a side.

People try to define reality while forgetting what they output is their world view and their perception. The only way we can get close to reality is by not isolating ourselves to one bubble. No bubble is right about everything, that's just the way it is.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
We are heading for a new Dark Age.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

100:1 it is some goofy white liberal running the group

This was my first thought. What a great way to stir up resentment and outrage for blatant and obvious hypocrisy, eh?

But I see this in a bigger picture. As one more way to denigrate and destroy our natural boundaries by using the worst examples -- the misuse or even abuse of our right to boundaries and freedom of association -- to deny and take away our right to determine for ourselves what boundaries are appropriate. This overlaps into our right to privacy as well, and what we choose to share or not share with others.

I see this happening in the Trans Activist agenda as well, but in terms of sex and "gender" rather than races and cultures.

This has got to be an inside job or political hit job, otherwise it is the dumbest and more surefire to push their group into obscurity (like they did with BLM)

BLM... big sigh... from the start it was clear that their only purpose was to cause trouble. No real practical or productive purpose. Just more rabble rousers. Like Antifa. With ridiculous demands and accusations and "microaggressions" and on and on ad nauseum. And it sure is something how quick those big political dollars poured in, eh? Including taxpayer dollars. Grrrrrr.....

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Helter Skelter baby !

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The problem here is that 90 percent of peeps are normal....while 10percent are mad. Thing is....the 10 percent seem to control the 90 percent and it leads to crap like this.

Normal peeps have racist thoughts...hell, even I root for the one white guy on the basketball court, but it doesnt mean I an racist per se.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

That's racist.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: odzeandennz

Actually it's the hypocrisy that you can have all those .. but the people who are all for that would scream racist if you did an all white award show.

But point out the hypocrisy of people only getting bothered about black awards, then they quickly use the old, if it was white awards blah blah excuse...

Yet its black awards that seems to bother people, not the lack of an all white award.

There's plenty of ethnic exclusive awards but the black ones seem to trigger whites.

Wheres the outrage on the Jewish educator awards? Why black music awards trigger so many?
The Latin Grammys are ok? And K-pop awards in America are ok..?

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

The problem here is that 90 percent of peeps are normal....while 10percent are mad. Thing is....the 10 percent seem to control the 90 percent and it leads to crap like this.

Yup. And some people just want to be mad... about something... about anything. In all walks of life and every size, shape and color and political party and so on. And they tend to be the loudest and the most extreme and the most demanding and get the most media attention. Ugh.

Normal peeps have racist thoughts...hell, even I root for the one white guy on the basketball court, but it doesnt mean I an racist per se.

LOL -- I know what you're saying... did anyone NOT root for Steve Nash??? (Okay, probably some folks didn't, but that's who I immediately thought of when I read your comment!) Sometimes we're rooting for the favorite son... our hometown boy that happens to be White... sometimes we're rooting for college alum who happens to be White... sometimes we're just rooting for the underdog who happens to be White. We are motivated by many things, and race can be one of them -- but not everything as it is too often portrayed.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I say let them. I'm not sure how reddit works, but if they wish to disallow users because of their race, they should be afforded the freedom to do so.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Do people really care??

I hear that the National Negro College Fund only donates to black people

NAACP only hires blacks. (If white pepper can pass as black, that works too)

People seem to only get mad when they are told too

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe
I say let them. I'm not sure how reddit works, but if they wish to disallow users because of their race, they should be afforded the freedom to do so.

Reddit is a giant community with self moderated subreddits, kind of like different forums here. They have different rules in different subreddits. Some are clear about being exclusive, others are open to being echo chambers not allowing discourse.

You can pick which subreddits you want to subscribe to and you'll only see the ones you do on your homepage.

I use the app and only explore r/all, which is every subreddit. So it shows the top posts from every community each day.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Do people really care??

I hear that the National Negro College Fund only donates to black people

NAACP only hires blacks. (If white pepper can pass as black, that works too)

People seem to only get mad when they are told too

I think the conversation needs to be had regarding this one-way segregation. Why did so many people sacrifice their lives and livelihoods for cultural inclusion, equal opportunity and social equity only for it to get pissed on on such a public forum. It only spreads the negative aspects of this social tension that we as a society are trying to overcome.

Neo-Nazi's are rightfully shamed in public forums. The KKK is rightfully de-platformed at every turn. But the attack on hate groups is insanely one-sided. We aren't making the world a better place when we're allowing behavior like this to go unchecked. Twitter is under fire for their handling of conservative users. Most of those users probably deserve what they get. But not all. On the other side of the spectrum, the same level of judgement does not exist.

This is, in my opinion, the conversation that we need to have. I don't care if there's a Black People Twitter, but when they behave the way they currently are it doesn't bridge the gap, it only furthers the divide.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe

Reddit is a giant community with self moderated subreddits, kind of like different forums here. They have different rules in different subreddits. Some are clear about being exclusive, others are open to being echo chambers not allowing discourse.

You can pick which subreddits you want to subscribe to and you'll only see the ones you do on your homepage.

I use the app and only explore r/all, which is every subreddit. So it shows the top posts from every community each day.

I've looked there before, but really couldn't be bothered to explore or start an account.

Does reddit start the subreddit, or does a user?

I think if a user starts the reddit he/she should have full reign to include and exclude whoever he pleases. but if it's Reddit's subreddit I'm not too sure.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
So just to add to it. I tried replying to a post. At first it appeared it went through, but in the end, even replying to a post was blocked.

edit on 3-4-2019 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join