It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Facebook is asking for your email’s password if you want to use the site

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

Ridiculous

Yet how many obsessed fruit cakes will continue using this bastard service?

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Also why is ATS the only site on what seems to be the entire web that has that big red "not secure" msg on my browser bar?

I’ve wondered that too. I also, have never seen that on any other site

It's because this is a conspiracy site and they want to be honest with people here. No site is totally secure. They know here that many debunkers come here and they could tear ATS to shreds because some know how to hack people's locations. I also rarely sign in to Yahoo when I am on here, someone long ago showed me that they could find my location in a conversation on here.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
Hmm, never heard of this book of faces. Sounds kind of shady to me.

It's a cult.
Facebook = The Many-Faced God

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Also why is ATS the only site on what seems to be the entire web that has that big red "not secure" msg on my browser bar?

It's because this is a conspiracy site and they want to be honest with people here. .

Where did you get that information? That sounds silly and made up. Got a link to where you got that info?

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

To be quite Frank? That has literally nothing to do with it.

The fact that ATS still has not secured an https domain is at best simply a matter of cheap ownership and at worst it is entirely malicious.

Actually, the amount of trackers and native malicious ads on this website in particular are downright abhorrent taking into account that this is a 'conspiracy forum.'

There is a reason this site is damn near unusable on mobile.
From an infosec point of view, personally I'm of the opinion that their servers are actually compromised to be quite honest based on experiences going back years now.

Please just clear the post mods dont ban me I love ATS just speaking truth.
edit on 3-4-2019 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

It is both silly and made up. Please see my previous post and be informed that I do have a degree and am currently employed in the IT field lol.
edit on 3-4-2019 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Here's the password to my CompuServ account....

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Riduculous. If they want to verify you they send an e mail to your account. They do not ask for the password for your e mail. I have never had any site ever ask for a password other than at login. I do not believe this because there is an established route for any provider to verify who you are and that is always to send an e mail to the account you used to sign up.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

ATS does not provide that information... the "Not Secure" is a service from your browser settings.
Nice that you want to believe that though....

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Actually, the amount of trackers and native malicious ads on this website in particular are downright abhorrent taking into account that this is a 'conspiracy forum.'

Tell me about it. I look at a store website and then come here and get bombarded by ads for what ever I looked at.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Thats awesome news!!

Hopefully people quit using it!!

Someone out there is thinking that they MUST go on facebook and post this travesty of justice.....because this CAN'T be happening!!

Pick your poison and enjoy the taste.
edit on 3-4-2019 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I thought I was the only person who used the word Doink. Who knew?

Wish I could say what I really think about Zuckerberg but I don't have to, I don't use his "service".

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: rickymouse

It's because this is a conspiracy site and they want to be honest with people here. .

Where did you get that information? That sounds silly and made up. Got a link to where you got that info?

Of course it is silly and made up. I was sort of Jesting, but I am not very good at utilizing satire.. I probably should have put a little LOL oer D smile with it or something.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

We all have the NOT SECURE icon but I use Norton and it says this site is safe.
Let the knuckleheads give their information away. There is no cure for stupidity.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
"I am willing to bet that half to three quarters of the people using the net are only on it for social media with a minor use of shopping."

Data mining by FaceBoob (and other sites) goes far beyond simple data collection for targeting a market.

For example, let's say years ago you griped on FaceBoob about having to deal with diverticulitis. Fast-forward to today: you've applied for medical insurance with a new employer, and they come back to you with questions such as, "Back in 2014 you were diagnosed with diverticulitis...why is there no mention of this on the application under pre-existing conditions?"

I used FaceBoob years ago to promote the band I was in at the time, but dumped it because I saw how they were manipulating users. Zero interest in any of that noise.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have 2 or 3 throw away Google mail accounts and passwords I could give them if I were even using Farcebook, NSAbook, FBIbook, CIAbook, whateverbook.

Edit: This story made Drudge headlines.
edit on 3-4-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...
Millions of Facebook Records Found on Amazon Cloud Servers
Researchers at UpGuard, a cybersecurity firm, found troves of Facebook user information hiding in plain sight, inadvertently posted publicly on Amazon.com Inc.’s cloud computing servers. The discovery shows that a year after the Cambridge Analytica scandal exposed how unsecure and widely disseminated Facebook users’ information is online, companies that control that information at every step still haven’t done enough to seal up private data, Bloomberg News reports.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
AHAHAH jeez is this for real
Scary to think that most people will still keep using it and they're the reason why I stopped. It has become a completely braindead place where I can't even speak what I think without it being instantly deleted as "hate speech" and so on.

My ATS account is still using Facebook login tho. If anyone knows how to unlink those two accounts without contacting the staff please let me know.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

Just think of the future. Scarier than we ever thought denying the thought of Skynet.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

" some bloke " - told you this - and you believe it ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join