It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paras in more trouble.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

he reminds me of a union president i once had 3 minutes in the same room and i would be zonked

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Rod Liddle commented today saying these paras should be thrown out of the Army - half of them missed!

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Yeah haha. That's why they are 3 Para and not Pathfinders or 1 Para

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I have a "friend" who was a STABBY ("Stupid Territorial Army B@astard"). After a few pints he was a Para, after a few more he was SBS and after a few more he was SAS.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The armed services swear there allegiance to the queen not the priminister.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I seem to recall that it is a tradition that a new PM takes part in a hostage rescue simulation exercise with the SAS using live rounds - I think. That might be interesting if JC gets elected.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I can’t see him being elected, the Labour Party is done. Then again so are the torries, I can’t believe level of incompetence and utter bs displayed by our politicians.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I think we all know a few like that.

I come from Hereford so it wasn't such a big thing for people to go all Walter Mitty as they were too easily outed.
Moving around a bit though, there are plenty who try it on and sometimes it can be hilarious

As an aside, my father in law always professed to be 23reg (A TA sort of support group to 22) Yet some of the stuff he got involved in just doesn't fit the role of part timer, that and the fact all his mates were actually pukka regiment lads.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

...I come from Hereford

Raised in and around Herefordshire myself, schooled in the city, lived in Longtown, Ledbury, Kington, Malvern, and a few other digs.

Just checking-in to say hi 🙂

On topic - Corbyn man bad, lol

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

say what you will about our politicians , but when armed forces start taking the piss out of politicians its bad state , because they can easily turn on parliament as they have the means !

that being said , I totally dont agree with military at all , it's just state sanctioned murder !
and we all allow it to happen without question!

I have friends in the military and family as well have fought in wars etc, I just dont agree with fighting for some politician
and their ideals !
I constantly plead with my friends in military to give it up , as its only a matter of time before you are injured physically or mentally and when you return you wont be you anymore you will be a shell , and you wont be looked after by the government who sent you there !

Would they give their lives for you ? Dont #in think so ,
so the military is sold to us as a necessity to protect us from EVIL and the Boogeyman , and to protect what is right and just ! against those barbarians and thugs , and ludites in some dusty dirty #ehole swamp somewhere one earth because they are so uncivilised !

and we all buy it up , oh we better make sure we have a strong military otherwise we will be destroyed by our enemies !
we better have WMD's or we will be killed , we better have bases everywhere !
whose enemies are they like ? not mine , I have no enemies
I hate no one !
they arent your enemies either , you didnt do anything but work to pay for all this #e , all the military was paid for by you , so the blood is all on our hands , we paid for the death of all those people in Iraq , Syria , anywhere the UK government sends those men and women to fight for their ideals , sent them off to die !

If it were up to me id abandon the military completely , if I were prime minister in a new independent Scotland , id abolish the military and abolish all military presence in Scotland , no military would be allowed within our coastlines either
No US planes flying terrorists would be allowed to land and refuel , Id get rid of all foreign military presence as well !

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   
As a Brit, All I can say is, I don't care.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

...I come from Hereford

Raised in and around Herefordshire myself, schooled in the city, lived in Longtown, Ledbury, Kington, Malvern, and a few other digs.

Just checking-in to say hi 🙂

On topic - Corbyn man bad, lol

Hey mate! Newton Farm lad myself.
These days I live in Gloucestershire.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I can sympathise to a degree, trouble is, there's always some retard around the corner will try it on if you don't have a means of protecting your interests.

Military personnel aren't something you can just mothball until the time comes either, not like tanks and stuff. Gotta keep the training up and a constant stream of young blood coming through.

I can't ever see a time when there isn't a need for a military, and since we need them, might as well have the best, most ferocious we can get.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

when , that time will come when we do away with the system of capitalist corporate government, who requires the military to protect their assets and procure future assets to secure their wealth and power !

Once we get rid of that system , we can slowly wind down military !

but we can only make moves by tackling the biggest hitters ! US , Russia, China !

but small nations can lead the way by showing the world they don't need a military
why does a small island nation with a tiny population need a huge military , why , well simply to defend the resources we have stolen overseas !
We are a nation of fools , supporting a system of thieves !

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join