It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I am 8 ATS years old

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   
8 Years, holy crap how time has flown!!!

Still loving the site and while its changed to be a bit more political the good stuff is still to be found.

Just wanted to give a shout out to all my friends on the site but also and especially to my frenemies, I may not agree with you and probably think your flying mammal feces crazy but without a difference of opinion the site just becomes a circle jerk so good on you for being here and sharing your opinion even if it isnt popular

And to the unsung heroes, the mods
the work you guys put in to keep the site going is greatly appreciated.
I have no idea what it is you guys do but you do it well

Not gonna lie, its slightly depressing that Nightstar didnt author this, hopefully shes ok and when she gets back online she can tell me what I did wrong and what I need to do to get back in her good books. Apologies for the lack of cake and balloons, Nightstar normally organises that stuff.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Congratulations, you are a survivor. You have survived Bushisms, Obamaness, 2012, Nibiru, alien invasions, comets, "It's a rock!" and many other horrible catastrophes. To your health!

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Some folks do not get the recognition they deserve. I think it has more to do with the previous "live" interactions many folks of our "age" had opportunity to be involved with but might not have frequented. This site once had a live chat option (streaming chat?)- I stumbled upon it once or twice.

You are still here and still posting. Take it as a win. In these volatile times, where we have seen many members accounts be closed, you remain a voice.

Take your victory lap!

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Congrats bud, keep up the great posts that you contribute

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   

What have you learned while here pal?.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I notice I am too...

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyToxicTash

What have you learned while here pal?.

Many things, but the one thing that comes mind is how full of crap the MSM is.
Previously I thought they were slightly biased in their stories now I realise they are full on propaganda pushers.

And big eye opener was that there are actual women on the internet’s, at least on this site, can’t speak for the others

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I notice I am too...

You’re 4 ATS days older than me!!

Happy belated ATSaversary

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

There were women on Telnet. Even had one from Scotland come for a visit back when AOL still mailed out floppy discs to the gullible, before mailing out coasters to internet users. The floppy’s were more useful since I would write up a webpage of links as a traveling bookmark when visiting the computer lab on campus.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Happy ATS Birthday,I will be 10 in July and I'm a woman!

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Happy ATS Birthday,I will be 10 in July and I'm a woman!

Yourself, Nightstar and Caleadonia were the first people I met online who I believed were women

I bet you get a Nighstar thread for your big one, poor Iknowstuff

Making your own anniversary thread is like organising your own surprise party, its sad and anyone who comes along just feels awkward

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Night Star is a lady of the night. Lemme rephrase that!
Night Star likes to stay up very late and sleep till the afternoon sometimes. I'm sure she'll be along when she wakes up. (I left a link for her in The Shed.)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Night Star is a lady of the night. Lemme rephrase that!
Night Star likes to stay up very late and sleep till the afternoon sometimes. I'm sure she'll be along when she wakes up. (I left a link for her in The Shed.)

Whats The Shed?

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

An ATS thread where she "lives." It's a 2nd home to a few members and sometimes a story is written (fantasy fiction). She's there every day usually, but not till late.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Happy 8 years Iknowstuff!

Just wanted to give a shout out to all my friends on the site but also and especially to my frenemies, I may not agree with you and probably think your flying mammal feces crazy but without a difference of opinion the site just becomes a circle jerk so good on you for being here and sharing your opinion even if it isnt popular

I wish there was an applause icon, but there is not so another on me?

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Awww, HAPPY ATS ANNIVERSARY to you! Hey, I had to make my own Anniversary thread. LOL

I used to make tons of threads for people for their Birthdays and ATS Anniversaries if I was aware of them, but I just couldn't keep up after a while. This is a HUGE site. Often, there would be people who felt left out and that made me feel bad.

If I would have known it meant so much, I would have gladly made you a thread.

The Shed is now The Shed 22. Since you asked about it.

Now where are the cookies? I'll go see if the dragons are done baking them.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

HAPPY BELATED ATS ANNIVERSARY Plotus!

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Congrats on eight years!!!

Here's to Eight or eighteen more!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join