It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix raises price again

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Netflix is getting greedy.

Plus..

Barack and Michelle Obama sign Netflix deal to produce series and films

Another reason Netflix has gone down hill in the past year. No more commenting on crappy movies.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Unfortunately we are going back to when cable and satellite TV was first introduced.

I still remember going over to my friends house to watch his dad talk on the phone while purchasing certain channels for their satellite TV.
Or when my parents asked what specific packages we wanted for cable TV.
With Disney, Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, etc, etc. all coming out with their own streaming services, it's only a matter of time when we will start to have more than one, and then eventually buy into 'packages' again.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I use KODI... zero dollars per month. I canceled Netflix when it went up from $9.99 sometime ago.

Is Kodi still working? I liked it, but got tired of trying to keep up with the updates and the long waits for accessing movies, or watching movies with piss poor quality and Chinese subtitles.

Back in November I think...I couldn’t watch anything. Not sure if it was the repository or what. But if I remember correctly there was a major update coming and nothing previous to that update was working. That was when I finally said...”meh” about it. But maybe I’ll give it another shot.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12
Netflix is getting greedy.

Plus..

Barack and Michelle Obama sign Netflix deal to produce series and films

Another reason Netflix has gone down hill in the past year. No more commenting on crappy movies.

I actually don't think Netflix is greedy. Greedy to me is when it comes to things you really need, like the Pharma guy that jacked up the prices on epipens etc. You can drop Netflix. It is a business and they should make a profit.
I think their prices are actually pretty cheap.

As far as Michelles series. I'm not interested in it, so I won't watch it. There is plenty of other content that I really do like.
I think that rating systems are slowly changing everywhere. It is obvious that a lot of ratings aren't credible. I just read an article that said you should use YELP to read reviews on Nursing homes because all the others are skewed!

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

How expensive would it have to get for you to cancel? For me I think it would have to be closer to the 40 mark or something like that.

Shhh...don't tell them!

I really don't mind the increase at all. Content continues to improve and increase. Compared to other media, its a great value.

HBO is $15/mo for a couple good shows and hundreds of mostly bad or already-watched movies.

Food quality (in the US) continues to go down as prices go up. Health insurance goes up rapidly, annually, while covering less.

Take my money, Netflix...TAKE IT!

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
They haven't been doing great financially for a while now. They saw that video producers like the bbc, NBC, etc...would eventually get into the streaming market and they wouldn't have any content.
That made them invest in their own products which ya gotta admit has resulted in some very good shows.

I dont mind paying the bill especially when I dont get commercials like on hulu.

On a side note, I think it's funny how people overlook the price of high speed internet when they cut the cord. You pay $60 to have the ability to stream.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Recently new to N.Flix...wife and I figured round it up to $18 just to base it on....and that's $4.25 per week...or $2.12 a week each...or roughly $0.35¢ a day....each

Still a value....

edit on 3-4-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Americans would be shocked at what people pay in the UK for television packages from Sky tv [fox] etc but Netflix is cheap here and you get 1 month free . You binge watch over winter and leave www.netflix.com... the prices in GBP is £5.99 £7.99 £9.99 .But i have family who pay 150-200$ a month for broadband and television

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

How much is your TV tax?

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: stonerwilliam

How much is your TV tax?

I do not watch television
but the fee is $ 202 bucks per year , it is free to listen to the radio and read the BBC news that a presenter takes hours reading the same stories and getting half a million a year to do .

Tax are for holding the carpet down

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
They haven't been doing great financially for a while now. They saw that video producers like the bbc, NBC, etc...would eventually get into the streaming market and they wouldn't have any content.
That made them invest in their own products which ya gotta admit has resulted in some very good shows.

We have yet to watch any of their original shows.
None have piqued our interest.

In its heyday, Netflix had a lot of great things on DVD.....we were huge fans.
Over time, they lost a lot of content to other streaming services....and when they split into Netflix and DVD.com....well, it was basically over for us.....the DVD content is less and less, and Netflix streaming is a big disappointment to those who watch older movies and programs.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
We have a plex server set up so when I think the cost is too high we'll switch to using that full time. For now, the convenience is worth the price. My cut off point is probably 20 dollars.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I don't mind. Netflix is awesome!

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Netflix streaming is a big disappointment to those who watch older movies and programs.

This is not necessarily older movies, but one of the things I absolutely love to watch on Netflix are the Ken Burns documentaries. I just love his voice so much. I've watched some series several times over.

I also think when they went from dvd to streaming it was a little weak, then they got some great series. I think there will always be highs and lows but I'm talking about overall quality. At least for me, it is there.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Netflix streaming is a big disappointment to those who watch older movies and programs.

This is not necessarily older movies, but one of the things I absolutely love to watch on Netflix are the Ken Burns documentaries. I just love his voice so much. I've watched some series several times over.

I also think when they went from dvd to streaming it was a little weak, then they got some great series. I think there will always be highs and lows but I'm talking about overall quality. At least for me, it is there.

Is he the one who did the series about the Dust Bowl? That was something!

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Is he the one who did the series about the Dust Bowl? That was something!

YUP!

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
I cancelled the day I learned that Netflix added Susan (Benghazi was caused by a disgusting video)Rice was put on their BOD.
Of course they need to hike up prices, they need to pay the Obamas and AOC all those millions for their inspiring stories.

I have KODI and Terrarium. But both are very buggy.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Only on ATS... Geezus.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

You have to load the current repos every couple of months after the previous ones start to attract regulatory attention.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, has NetFlix changed or improved much in the last couple years?

When my dad was still alive, he tried it out, and.. I gotta admit, it was pretty disappointing. We were both a bit surprised, since so many seemed to be fans.

For both of us, there seemed to be some compelling content, but nothing to warrant an actual monthly sub.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Just out of curiosity, has NetFlix changed or improved much in the last couple years?

Personally I think it has gotten a lot better.
It depends on what you watch. I like a very wide variety so Netflix is really a good value to me.
If you only like one genre, like someone mentioned classics or oldies, you might be disappointed.

I've also started watching some of the comedy specials, and some are pretty good. If you like documentaries, I think
you would be happy with the selection.

<< 1    3 >>

join