It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we have reparations to black folk?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
As long as there are reparations for the million plus Irish slaves... go for it.

Being of Irish descent, when does my check arrive?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Do I really have to inform you on black history and the oppression of blacks? Cause if so, I choose not to do so. I'm not your history teacher....

Oh please patronize me some more!

Indeed, please please tell me how much more you know about my own history and history of my people that I dont.

God youre doing the same crap that all the leftists do whenever anyone of color like myself disagrees with you.

The true colors come out, and you go from the fake "compassionate" person for black people, to who you really are, which is patronizing when we dont agree

edit on 2-4-2019 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Restrictions done throughout history. Slavery, oppression through segregation laws, ect.. And, if you cannot argue philosophically, then we have nothing else to talk about. This is just a forum for discussion, not a federal law. Sorry you're getting so butthurt..
edit on 2-4-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Reparations are a very bad idea that encourages even more self entitled behaviors.

A friend of mine who was a co-worker got fired for asking white people at work to do things for him as reparations.

Democrat leadership and MSM trash are pushing things like this to create more victims they can then pretend to represent and defend, but it is all a very big and dangerous lie. Obama pushed this covertly and when he was finished after 8 years, the black community was worse off than before the Obama administration began, proving that it was all a lie to divide and conquer the people, so that hopefully, the democrats would end up with more power and entrenched resources from which to continue their unmitigated conquest of the country and turn it into a 3rd world slum.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
As long as there are reparations for the million plus Irish slaves... go for it.
Being of Irish descent, when does my check arrive?

Will you accept it in the form of whiskey?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: sine.nomine

I'm not black, so how does "take responsibility for your life like the rest of us" matter? I have no problem with you disagreeing with reparations, as i do, but you're are coming at me from a clear emotional perspective without having read my full OP.

Have fun hating on me even though I never agreed with reparations. Enjoy!

I never assumed you were black, nor does that matter in the slightest.

I'm not hating on you, and maybe I have reacted a bit emotionally, for which I apologise.

"Take responsibility for your life like the rest of us" means exactly what it says. It's not race-based, it's not directed at any person or group, it just is what it is. I don't know you or your background, and I'm not going to pretend to. Just be. Do. Think. Act. Thrive. Live. Everyone endures hardships. It's a part of life.

And I did read that you aren't necessarily a fan of reparations. I get that. Im not trying to attack you or anything, just chiming in.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Restrictions done throughout history.

We have no more of those restrictions.

And, if you cannot argue philosophically, then we have nothing else to talk about. This is just a forum for discussion.

Ahh so because im telling you, as a black man, that the whole reparations argument has no legs, there is no room for me to speak huh?

Its nice to know that even though this directly has something to do with me, my voice will be silenced because I dont agree.

Again, true colors.

Sorry you're getting so butthurt..

Sorry youre such a condescending ass and are so threatened by the fact that someone who this actually would effect , doesnt agree with you.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Yea.. no point in talking to you because you're clearly too emotional about the subject. This is just a debate in which I argued both sides. Have fun calling anyone who disagrees with you a "fake compassionate" person.

You realize that by condemning a side of philosophical thought as patronizing, you also condemn thought in general? you are not just disagreeing with it, but also saying the one arguing that side of thought is a player towards emotional manipulation.

Have fun arguing all that nonsense. Please don't response to me anymore unless it's of non-bias intent.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Sure give reparations, if it includes a one way ticket back to their mother land and denouncing of citizenship...!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

And I did read that you aren't necessarily a fan of reparations. I get that. Im not trying to attack you or anything, just chiming in.

Says hes not, but hes sure as hell not up for hearing anything against it, and when directly challenged on his statements, he deflects to "I cant be bothered to teach you history"

Not buying it.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Fair enough mate. I get that, and I agree. One should take responsibility for their own life and not resolve to blame. Unless of course they are born in slavery or significant oppression.

Just arguing from a reparations stand-point. Thanks for chiming in. It's easy for me and any of us to get heated in these social debates that interfere with perspectives of many people.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Offer them a free boat ride back to wherever their ancestors came from...

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSAlex

Okay alex jones.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

But they are the same.

If a family has nothing whether it's because they just moved here or because they've had legal barriers preventing them from accruing it until now, they have nothing. They are here, they work hard, their children have more.

It doesn't matter, especially when many of those black immigrants move here to escape similar barriers to personal and familial success that were imposed legally here and removed allowing them to come here and succeed.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Yea.. no point in talking to you because you're clearly too emotional about the subject.

Not emotional, logical and actually spooning out facts to you, to which you dont seem to want to hear, curious for someone who says they are against it and wants to have a discussion.

This is just a debate in which I argued both sides.

You dont seem interested in debate at all, again I asked you several questions which you refused to answer and then tried to back out of it by claiming im "emotional" instead addressing the points I made.

Seems you dont know how debates work.

You realize that by condemning a side of philosophical thought as patronizing, you also condemn thought in general?

Its not condemning, its challenging with facts, just because youre choosing to forgo the debate in favor of deflection is not my fault, thats on you.

ou are not just disagreeing with it, but also saying the one arguing that side of thought is a player towards emotional manipulation.

No Im saying that the idea of reparations is a play on manipulation, which it is.

Have fun arguing all that nonsense.

Again more deflection, you cant debate what ive stated so youre projecting.

Please don't response to me anymore unless it's of non-bias intent.

AHH so "dont enter into this "debate" unless you dont care either way, or unless you agree with me"

Thats not how debate works.

One of the few black men on this thread , and you dont want to debate me on the issue because you dont like what I say.

My lord if that doesnt describe leftist ideology I dont know what does.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Reparations are a very bad idea that encourages even more self entitled behaviors

Exactly right, it does nothing more than sew more division and enable destructive behaviors

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Offer them a free boat ride back to wherever their ancestors came from...

We have a surgeon here whose from SA, white guy.

When we all go out on occasion, we joke about how hes more African than me and my brother in law ever were lol.
edit on 2-4-2019 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Aren't we all slaves now to the system?

My reparations for that is a pension and social security. But that is more of reward for hard work and dedication.

Certain people already receive reparations called food stamps and welfare for not doing anything other than blame others for their situation.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Since reparations haven't been paid to Native Americans (who have been oppressed and continue to be oppressed ever since caucasians landed on American shores) or women and children (who have been oppressed since long before the first black person ever set foot on American soil) I don't see why special treatment should be given to black people. Even if you tracked down every single descendant of every black slave once you divided up the value of 50 acres and a mule per slave (which is all that was promised) between them they would be lucky if they got a dollar and some change each. It's a ridiculous concept.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12 Only if blacks give reparations to the descendants of the 620,000 soldiers who dies in the civil war to end slavery.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join