It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi States Citizenship Questions Are Unlawful And Unconstitutional

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I just read the statement made by Pelosi yesterday, in regards to the amicus brief that was filed "in the case of Department of Commerce v. New York, in which the U.S. district court for the Southern District of New York enjoined the Trump Administration from including a proposed citizenship question in the 2020 Census, finding it unlawful."

Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued the following statement as the U.S. House of Representatives filed an amicus brief at the Supreme Court in the case of Department of Commerce v. New York, in which the U.S. district court for the Southern District of New York enjoined the Trump Administration from including a proposed citizenship question in the 2020 Census, finding it unlawful.

“The Department of Commerce’s proposed citizenship questions is both unlawful and unconstitutional, violating the Census Act as well as the clear constitutional mandate of an ‘actual Enumeration’ of the people in our country in a way that is accurate and nonpartisan. This question, by the Commerce Department’s own calculations, would reduce the accuracy of the 2020 decennial Census, while providing no legitimate government objective. Instead, it would inject fear and distrust into our most vulnerable communities, potentially making traditionally undercounted communities even further under-represented, financially excluded and left behind.

“Democrats will continue to reject any attempt by the Administration to trample over the Constitution and compromise the integrity of this vital institution of our democracy. The district court’s ruling must be upheld to ensure a fair and accurate Census, as our Constitution demands.”

www.speaker.gov...

Don't you feel sad for those in our "most vulnerable communities?" I don't, because I know she's referring to people who are in the United States illegally.

The Census Act ensures that legal American citizens have proper representation in Congress. Pelosi calls it "unlawful" and "unconstitutional" because she knows full well, that counting illegal aliens would allow districts to be over represented in Congress, which would benefit the devious Dims.

This has been the Dims plan all along and is the reason why so many of them, like Democrat Presidential Candidate Julián Castro, want open borders. They want to turn this great country into a third world sh!thole, just to spite the Republicans, as well as those of us who believe in our Constitution. But hey, it takes a lot of balz to imply that Democrats are fighting for "the integrity of this vital institution of our democracy," when in fact, they want to alter it to suit their own agenda.

Can someone please explain to me how the House Speaker can be so blatantly ignorant of the intent of our Constitution?
edit on 4/2/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The question can be there, because it is relevant to know how many citizens vs non citizens are in a state. But because this is a census, any information on it should only be used for census information. Citizen numbers and legal resident aliens are only what should be used to judge population numbers to be used to consider the number of congressmen a district gets..

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

This needs to be addressed ad nauseum.
The elected leader of the Democrat Party is undermining, the very rules she was sent there to protect.

She needs to step down immediately, and apologize, profusely, for her error in judgement and stop the hemorrhaging voter base that is moving back to the center, which is also on the right of the Democrat Agenda.

It should be obvious that they are throwing many candidates in front of the Trump Train, hoping to slow it down, while alienating a voter base that they can't win without.

edit on 2-4-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Dumb Bell Nancy "talking" to her dumb bell supporters.

The SCOTUS will decide, not her 😎

Supreme Court To Decide Whether 2020 Census Will Include Citizenship Question

😆

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It's a way for them to get power from illegals. Very similar to letting them vote in some ways.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Should we be spending tax dollars on what amounts to foreign aid withing our own GD borders?

Eff no.

Screw Pelosi.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Nancy is a moron. I don’t know how to be more clear. She is less than sane, less than of sound mind.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I know we have discussed how there should be a medical path to getting rid of ancient supreme court justices... but Nancy is a walking talking advertisement for term limits with congress, there is no way she is actually sound of mind at this point.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Goth States Pelosi Is Unlawful And Unconstitutional
Kick her plumb out of the US.
Chip her and ship her to Mexico

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, I believe she's right, unfortunately. You can ask for proper identification though. So it's an easy work around. Still, that doesn't prove you're not one if you don't have an ID on you.

Meh... Thinking about it now, it's a muddy mess. They should really clear that up and make a cut and dry law about it.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Nancy is a walking talking advertisement for term limits with congress, there is no way she is actually sound of mind at this point.

This may be true, although, I think she knows exactly what she's doing in this instance. The problem is that there's a line of people to take her place with the same or even worse ideology. This mentality of the left isn't going away any time soon. Puppets are easily replaced.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Citizenship was a question in the 2000 census.

For instance, in 2000, those who received the long form were asked, "Is this person a CITIZEN of the United States?"

Source: www.npr.org...

So what's Nancy's problem? She didn't care when Bush's census asked the question.
edit on 4/2/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

For instance, in 2000, those who received the long form were asked, "Is this person a CITIZEN of the United States?"

So what's Nancy's problem? She didn't care when Bush's census asked the question.

Change of agenda priorities and direction.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
With this, the push for open borders/amnesty and the Dems wanting to get rid of the electoral college it should be obvious to everyone what they are trying to do.

I understand brainwashed students with no life experience and those who just want to see the world burn being for this but how does the average American with a family, job and mortgage go along with this???

Americans, I reckon you have less than 20 years, probably 10 to get rid of all these traitors or you will have lost your country

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This is a very old, tired scam.

California has a huge number of illegals and if they are counted as residents, California will get a lot of extra federal funding. How much they get is determined by the Census. This an old argument. Hide they are not citizens and suck up more federal tax dollars.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: carewemust

Change of agenda priorities and direction.

There used to be door-to-door census takers. Bring them back, and have them ask for a photo I.D..

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
She's afraid they will ask if anyone is 1/1024th illegal 😎

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

our most vulnerable communities

If they're here illegally, then they aren't part of "our community," they're part of "our problem" and that problem has solutions. (Solutions which Pelosi has unsurprisingly aligned herself to fight against, becoming part of the problem herself... for which there are also "solutions.")

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

They're also a component of California's Kept Voter base... another problem Pelosi has fought tooth and nail to obfuscate and obstruct solutions to.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'm really amazed this woman hasn't wondered into traffic and got hit.

I know she's a cash cow for the dems, but have some god damn self respect and get rid of that old blabbermouth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join