It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alliance of American Football Folds After Only 8 Games

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: burdman30ott6

the USA is back to back World War Champions, undefeated

I think you will find The U.S. had other "teams " playing along side it. during the world wars. It truly was a " team effort "

Yes... the water boys, assistant physical therapists, and kickers get Super Bowl rings when their team wins the championship, too... Interchangeable though they may be.

Team U.S.A. only decided to play once the game was nearly over.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I think you will find The U.S. had other "teams " playing along side it. during the world wars. It truly was a " team effort "

Yes... the water boys, assistant physical therapists, and kickers get Super Bowl rings when their team wins the championship, too... Interchangeable though they may be.

...and was looking like a total loss for Europe. Don't leave that important bit of information out. Y'alls A, B, and C teams had been soundly ass whipped. Had Japan minded their business, Europe would be speaking German right now. (Which they kind of are considering how Hitler's vision was manifested in the form of the EU decades later.)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

...and was looking like a total loss for Europe. Don't leave that important bit of information out. Y'alls A, B, and C teams had been soundly ass whipped. Had Japan minded their business, Europe would be speaking German right now. (Which they kind of are considering how Hitler's vision was manifested in the form of the EU decades later.)

Have they had History Book miss prints in The U.S.

Europe would probably have been using the Russian Language. Britain of course would still be using English.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Russia would have lasted until Japan took China... most historians agree that Japan was on track to claim Asia, all Germany needed to do was stalemate Russia for awhile and then having to fight back both Germany and Japan would have finally toppled Russia. Operation Sea Lion would have quickly followed and the UK would have fallen like a house of cards.

Most historians agree that the US was the sole force that actually stopped Japan. Most consider the US involvement in the European theater to have been the reason the war ended when it did rather than dragging on for another 4 or 5 years. They're mixed on whether Germany would have eventually taken Russia and the UK by themselves, but fairly consistent in their opinion that Japan reaching Russia would have turned the war in a very bad way. Not even flexing here, I don't believe the UK was going to survive World War 2 with any sovereignty prior to the US invasion of Normandy which opened up the beachhead in the Atlantic Wall. Operation Overlord opened the door to victory in a war the UK was staring at certain defeat in otherwise.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You have so many misconceptions in your post.

to the US invasion of Normandy

80% of the men, ships, aircraft and other equipment where British & Canadian. It was not a US Invasion of Normandy by any means.

Most historians agree that the US was the sole force that actually stopped Japan.

The turning point in the war in The Far East was The Battle Of Kohima. No U S involvement in that one. You should take time and read up on it.

I don't believe the UK was going to survive World War 2

After Germany's defeat at The Battle Of Britain in 1940, Britain was never again under threat of invasion.

And just to point out, the turning point of The War In Europe happened on 5th December 1941, with Hitlers defeat at Stalingrad.

In fact, Dallek was one of no fewer than six historians who voted for a turning point that took place on the Volga River in the south of Russia, at a city that bore the name of the Soviet leader—Stalingrad. “It was the decisive defeat of Nazi arms in Russia that finally allowed people to say that this is not an invincible force and it can be overcome,” Dallek says.

“Stalingrad changes everything,” agrees the prominent British historian Max Hastings. “Once the Germans have been thrown back from Stalingrad, once they’ve lost that battle, the war was never the same again

www.historynet.com...

edit on 3-4-2019 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The only sport I really enjoy watching these days is Sevens Rugby.

The USA team is surprisingly good at it and getting better every year. And this makes me glad because stronger teams make for exciting, close games.

The HCBC World Sevens league is a true world sport. And there is a women's league too played by some very tough ladies.
edit on 3/4/2019 by deltaalphanovember because: repeated myself

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

80% of the men, ships, aircraft and other equipment where British & Canadian. It was not a US Invasion of Normandy by any means.

I'll address this because your other comments are ridiculous examples of notorious British snobbery and are generally rubbish (did I use that word correctly?)

D-Day was a 50/50 split of manpower between the US and the UK. Of some note is the fact that the Americans drew the worst card of the day with Omaha Beach, which was a bloodbath. I'll concede that Sword and Caen weren't walks in the park, but they were nowhere near the death trap Omaha Beach turned into.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Still want to call it a US Invasion Of Normandy ?

Of the 1,213 warships involved, 200 were American and 892 were British; of the 4,126 landing craft involved, 805 were American and 3,261 were British.

31% of all U.S. supplies used during D-Day came directly from Britain, while two-thirds of the 12,000 aircraft involved were also British, as were two-thirds of those that landed in occupied France

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

OMG!!! We used their ships and supplies to speed up the process compared to hauling all that gear across the Atlantic! :rolleyes: you're not too educated on how allegiances in war time work, are you? The country being hammered frequently provides those necessities to their saviors.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

As i asked. Do you still want to call it a US Invasion Of Normandy? Your comment not mine.

Just man up and say that comment was false.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

As i asked. Do you still want to call it a US Invasion Of Normandy? Your comment not mine.

Just man up and say that comment was false.

"Man up" that's exactly what it was, the US sending our men to do the heavy lifting.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Still don't want to admit your statement was wrong then?

Just carry on trying to whitewash it. You Americans may like to be fooled by the Propaganda of D Day, but here in Europe and Britain we know the real facts.

About time you Americans made " Saving Private Ryan II " isn't it. LOL

Ta Ta

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

America needs a new sport to play.

Something new and interesting that people will pay to watch.

Something both physically and intellectually demanding that anyone can play.

Anyone that comes up with this is going to be very very rich.

Lacrosse
awesome
but the ball is too small to see on tv so it never caught on professionally

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

utter twaddle - when merkins take up shinty and rugby - we shall talk

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join