It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Point at the Border

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: dfnj2015

By law military can't actually do anything.

Yes they can. Since the Patriot Act the old rules no longer apply.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

1.) Democrats don't see it as a problem, they see it as a solution!
2.) You can close the "Ports of Entry" but by virtue of the US having ratified a UN Agreement concerning migrants seeking asylum the US has no choice except to catalogue the assylum claims and issue court dates for which those claims can be proven, 2~6 years out; (most never show up for the hearings, they just keep flipping burgers). Also, they can't be deported once having made the Asylum claim until AFTER the court hearing determines they aren't eligible for Asylum.

But the bigger point, you close the Ports of Entry but there's nothing to stop them from wading across the river and once they do that, they can simply sit and wait to be picked up by CBP wherein they promptly make an asylum claim.

So............they only way to really stop them is to either..........set up machine gun nests all along the border and to gun them down before they set foot on US soil, OR to mine the entire stretch of the border with anti-personnel mines right up to the border. (A "Serbian" solution).

There you have it. Game, set, match the US lost control of the narrative and the border when it signed on to the UN Treaty on Migration of Refugees seeking asylum.

Thanks,
TonyS
edit on 2-4-2019 by TonyS because: ETA

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

‘BREAKING POINT’ AT THE BORDER: Border Patrol is on pace in March to arrest more than 55,000 family members along the southwest border,

So now its no longer "immigrants" / "asylum seekers" / etc, they are now to be referred to as "family members".

Next we'll have to call them "humanitarians". Then it'll be "super heroes". Then "saviors".

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Change the law to state they can be denied asylum unless they make a claim at a port of entry and not between ports of entry.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Military can not be used to enforce US law in most circumstances.

www.heritage.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

By law military can't actually do anything.

I think the President using Emergency Powers can bypass Posse Comitatus Act with marshal law, also I'm not sure if the Guard is limited by it too.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Wonderful idea... put a great big hurt on the US economy. Our biggest trading partner is Mexico.
But it makes a political statement and thats whats important right?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

National Guard, controlled by governors, is not limited.

Martial Law would need to be invoked, not a good idea.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I guess that would incentivise Mexico to do something about the illegals streaming though their country then.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
How long before the US becomes Northern Mexico? When I was born Hispanics were less than 3% of the US population. In less than 30 years they will be the ethnic majority. Nothing against Hispanic people but if I wanted to live in Mexico I would move there. Having this kind of major change foisted upon us is nothing short of treason by those involved in letting it go on as long as it has.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I wonder if people who say it's racist to think like that would feel the same about white people illegally immigrating to Africa to the point where Black people became the minority.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Against who? Private citizens? Great idea...

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

NEVER going to happen and if it did, it would be found illegal by the court's interpretation of the UN Agreement the US signed onto.

All neatly wrapped up and sealed with ribbon and a bow. For all practical purposes, (in reaction to the Holocaust), the UN sets the rules for Asylum seeking and by extension, US Customs and Border and Immigration laws.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
How long before the US becomes Northern Mexico? When I was born Hispanics were less than 3% of the US population. In less than 30 years they will be the ethnic majority. Nothing against Hispanic people but if I wanted to live in Mexico I would move there. Having this kind of major change foisted upon us is nothing short of treason by those involved in letting it go on as long as it has.

My thoughts exactly. But, sadly, the "born in the USA" population has no say so whatsoever over US Immigration laws relative to Asylum seekers..........that's been preempted by the UN after the US signed the UN Agreement on Asylum Seekers. Congress and the Courts hands are tied as well, although in reality, the Democrat controlled Congress is all in favor of the UN rules and the Courts are as well.

Game, set, match..............learn Spanish. Hey, at least the Telenovela's are pretty saucy........check them out!

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Wonderful idea... put a great big hurt on the US economy. Our biggest trading partner is Mexico.
But it makes a political statement and thats whats important right?

Seems like Trump's number one campaign promise is failing epically.

Not only has illegal immigration not declined since he became president... It's now actually been described as "at breaking point".

I think at this point he's becoming desperate to save face and we should probably expect to see him act out like a cornered wild animal... erratically and completely irrationally.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

Against who? Private citizens? Great idea...

Military bases have all the resources necessary for all the care needed 😎

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

You mean Democrats are actively thwarting the number one reason the people elected Trump, thwarting the will of the people.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Sorry, there is no UN agreement the US is bound to.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

originally posted by: MAGAMANIAC

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Xtrozero

Maybe it's time to close some of the 700+ foreign military bases we have around the world and reopen them on our Southern borders. Better for the US economy.

Nope... its time to build a wall.

LOL good one! That'll be the day.
You know "the wall" is just a talking point, right? It's never going to be completely built because it really wouldn't be effective.
The whole idea of "the wall" is to keep the voters hungry and angry. If "the wall" ever actually was built then there would be nothing to dangle (like an orange carrot) in front of all those MAGA hats.

Trump needs "the wall" to always be "soon"...

Come stay on the border with me sometime , I live in Del Rio, we have large swaths of land down here that have absolutely nothing other than signs.

Farmers who lose thousands a year, and sometimes their livelyhood, due to Coyotes cutting their fences down and letting their livestock out, or the cartel thugs that kill them for fun.

A wall would most certainly have a huge effect.

I have watched several people display the numbers on just how much money would be saved a year if it only stopped 10-15% of the influx coming in, and its BILLIONS a year.

You keep talking about talking points, but you keep using the talking point that it wouldnt be effective.

Thats some rich irony there.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
We should really dig a giant trench. Trenches are cheaper.

We have one, its called the Rio Grande.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join