It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOA Board Member

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
a reply to: NotaBot

Sorry but I am against home owners associations. As long as people are in compliance with local ordinances I believe they should be able to do whatever the heck they want with their own houses and properties that THEY paid for. The last thing this world needs is a bunch of micro-managing busy bodies telling people what they can and cannot do with their own private property.

I don't think you understand what a Homeowner's Association is. They dont go around harassing random people. People CHOOSE to live in a neighborhood that is a part of the HOA because they WANT to have a more strict neighborhood. They dont want you parking you broken down 87 mustang in your front yard, leaving trash all over the place, lowering their property values.

Its a CHOICE. A gathering of people who have made an agreement to all follow the same rules for the bemefit of all. The way youre arguing against it makes it seem like you dont realize that.

HOAs are a GREAT MAGNET for humor! Lets enjoy this!

Actually a lot of people buy homes without the knowledge that the house they have bought was already entered into a homeowners association by previous owner agreement with clauses passing the membership along with the sale of the house without it being listed in any of the purchase contracts but being listed in said HOA agreement on file, and in most cases it is legally binding. I've known about 6 people this has happened to. I have also been witness to members of HOA board going yard to yard measuring how tall the grass is- I kid you not!

No, they just didn't pay attention. Every mortgage lender knows if a property is part of an HOA. You cannot get a mortgage without this being disclosed. So unless the people you know paid cash, there is no way this wasn't disclosed. Realtors also have to disclose it. The decs and bylaws are also public record, so can be looked up by anyone at the county recorder office.

What actually happened is that they didn't read the decs and bylaws to understand the rules of the community or they thought they might not apply to them.

Almost every suburban McMansion tract home is going to be part of an HOA. The only way to avoid HOAs is to move where the houses are not part of a planned community.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Unintended post.
edit on 2-4-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NotaBot

This county is heavy on the Diabetes and Trump support...that would surely rile them all up.

Well then just tell them that you are working on getting rid of Obamacare/their health insurance....and if a Right to work state they could probably demand not having to pay their dues but expect all benefits the HOA provides to dues paying members....

You will president of the HOA in no time

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I live in a condo and a condo association is a necessity. The dues are extremely high, but it does include a pool, tennis courts, exercise room, outdoor grills, basketball courts and all the landscaping. The other things is it takes care of decks, roof replacements, outdoor plumbing repairs etc.

I like that I get to do what I want on the inside and the outside of my property is cared for and I have lots of amenities. It allows me time to do more important things such sd volunteering and coaching. We do have one busy body that has a dog just so she can walk him and look for minor violations, but I don’t have too much trouble dealing with her.

I also have land elsewhere that I can do what I want on so it isn’t s bad deal to have the primary home cared for and still have other property for hunting, fishing etc.
edit on 2019/4/2 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus We do have one busy body that has a dog just so she can walk him and look for minor violations, but I don’t have too much trouble dealing with her.

You will.

And when you do, make sure to make a thread about it. LOL

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join