It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brains that CANT pray to go to HELL

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: dubiousatworst

Why would you fear a benign and loving god?

I agree. God is complete and perfect and needs absolutely nothing from us. God certainly does not need our fear.

Besides, our God of unconditional love would love us without any conditions.

God seems to be indifferent with regards to sin and evil. Based on human experiments there seems to be no amount of evil God will not tolerate in order to preserve our free-will. Based on this indifference, I would argue when people die everyone is allowed to enter the gates of Heaven to experience eternal heavenly bliss regardless of our earthly sins or how we practiced our religion. Our God of unconditional love collects all His loved ones. I think the idea of Hell is an expression of having a lack of faith in our God of unconditional love. Love wins over fear.

Here's another reason why I do not believe in Hell. I live in New Jersey. When you live in New Jersey there is only Heaven.

edit on 2-4-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You are not going to hell. You are just a brighter spark in a dull world. Many minds here at ATS are only guilty of that. The fact that these days there are people taking the time out to share their worries and communicate their thoughts shows that you are conscious and reaching out to the universe.

Never forget how rare you are now. Most people are too frightened to go where you have taken your mind because they can't face themselves and nor face reality. Remember, in a mad house the sane person is the crazy one.

I am a Christian, but there are certain things I can't give up. If I be damned for them then I am so sorry to the Creator, but I can't let go. I don't want to think badly of anyone for their lifestyle if it is civilized (sometimes civilized can be against the law and we must resist if it means that much to us). I'm guilty of that bit in brackets too.

I am Christian only in that Jesus is the wisest dude I have come across and makes total sense and everything about His presentatioin of the Creator makes the best sense of all. Strange that such a guy would totally ruin his own cred' when He had them all eating out of his hand quite literally, to insist that there is no soul death and insist that He would rise after three days which thery say did happen. He even went as far as to tell us He was only telling the truth and if the truth was different then He would have told us just the way it was, no BS! I don't do Churches as I do not trust them and I do not see the gospel in them in a true sense. Jesus said those who administer and teach must be servants and wash the feet of those they teach.

If there is an ET Creator Elohim then I reckon Jesus is HIS Klaatu. Acccording to the Bible He is half ET anyway as his Mom was impregnated by an Angel on behalf of the Creator. That is it in a nut shell. Interesting, eh?

My intelligent mind stumbles on Jesus. He has the edge on me and I respect Him big time for that. Even now He constantly surprises me, just when you think you seen it all you realize you are just a baby. I am just telling the truth too about my perception of Him.

Like you I can't pray easily as it is an empty ritual. I say all the time that I am praying all the time anyway. I live a very quiet solitary life being creative and have time to consider the universe.

We can only do our best, OP. The world is very intense right now. Caution, the road is wet, very slippery indeed, Sir, so you take real good care, rare thinker in the cosmos.

edit on 2-4-2019 by Malak777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
In the eastern philosophies everything you do can be a prayer. If you prove yourself sooner or later divine being comes.

On earth both the corrupted side and the divine side is allowed to influence the souls.
If you push to become as divine act as possible the darkness will try to corrupt you.

The flow of information from divine and darkness are like two different radio channels that your consciousness can listen to.

Some people who energize their third eye are not mentally strong in what they are, so they will not be able to stand up against the darkness if the third eye is opened. People who are strong can just block or ignore the darkness.

Once you realize that temporary darkness crap will surface to consciousness and you create a self aware watcher program self evaluating everything that comes in, the information cannot change you.

This world is not a divine place. It is a place in between.

Any soul can push itself to not create insanity in others thru ego pyramid schemes and become a souls that should not be here or in the lower planes.

Divine beings know that if they go beyond 1:1 mirroring towards a soul then they will be the aggressor and not the beings who bring balance back. Once awareness and logic comes beyond a certain point rightousness/morality becomes a formula where all variables in creation is counted.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Contrary to being raised Prebestarian / Baptist, I emerged as a agnostic purest. Meanwhile, the works of rest of my ideological existence my adult life prove that I'm something as immune to groupthink / indoctrination as is realistic. This stuff is genetic, meaning, I'M GOING TO HELL TO SUFFER THE ULTIMATE CONCEPT OF TORTURE FOR ETERNITY (which is literally beyond our comprehension).

As a child, I just couldnt focus when attempting "prayer".

Some might call that "ADD".

I've never disclosed to anyone until now that I never could pray.

Since then I've proven many lifetimes over that I'm not deficient in attention.

That instead my 'condition' is the opposite.

I see TOO MUCH.

Meanwhile, all those youthful prayee years, I just could never do it.

A creature possessed with the curse of a "gift" of creativity, and more, and his mind wandered when it attempted to pray... HELL IT IS FOR HIM!

Thing is, when you're too smart for your own good, you realize that if 'beings' can put their voice into your head then your prayers could be answered by other powers. Meaning we shouldnt listen to 'external' voices.

BLAH!

So, according to the "Jealous God"...

E6ternity in HELL for me, well if that's true then why not abduct & TORTURE me?

So you are a Calvinistic Arminianist, Presbyterian Baptist and you are claiming higher intelligence? Or creativity? And you are a Arminian Calvinist, do you have any concept of christianity, do you know what you are saying
Arminian Baptist Calvinist Presbyterian and you claiming some Christian education, unbelievable, truly unbelievable
Then claiming hell is eternal while tooting your abundance of creative genius
Creative genius all right, it’s delusional genius

Prayer is a form of meditation, it takes an intelligent and disciplined mind to meditate, Buddhist, Hindu, Christian or pagan, it’s hard disciplined work and they have my admiration, you don’t
It sounds like you ar making claims you can’t back up, that don’t reflect your true identity

Let’s justbsay you are not a creative genius

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
a reply to: Malisa

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge

Interesting that it’s the beginning and not the end
The end is not fearing and understanding Gods incredible love

Understanding The love of God is the accomplishment of wisdom

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
So what you are saying is you have or had ADHD...

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Happily, there is no such place as Hell. The doctrine of Hell was invented to keep the pews and offering plates full, Dante, Milton and Mary K Baxter notwithstanding. Want proof?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Um. The question is whether God is a loving God, or a vindictive selfish God.

I was bought up in a Christian (Anglican) household and the view was that was held was that so long as you were a good person, then you would be OK. Judgement (if there is such a thing) is not based on your previous religious beliefs, your place in society or your relative religiousness, it's based on what you did in life.

The example used was simple. Many non-Christians, or even atheists - are better people than those Christians who (for example) go to church and go through the motions, but actually lead nasty little lives, where they do more harm than good. Are these people better than people who don't lead nasty lives, but don't subscribe to a particular reliogious belief. No is the answer.

On the basis of the OP, and if there is a loving God at the end of it all, I think that those who hold a view that people who cannot pray are dammed, may not actually pass the test of being a good person.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

then why not abduct & TORTURE me?

because there is a time and place for that you know

but here on earth you have the free will and think for your self and chose where you want to go.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I always felt that I couldn't believe no matter what I tried. I felt that religious folk had no better understanding of god than I do. Nobody can prove a god even exists. How am I supposed to believe a god communicated with some people in the distant past?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I've always thought a God whose punishment for anything is eternal, neverending torture is not deserving of worship.

Indeed such a God who prescribed such punishment, if he was indeed omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient would be the very definition of malevolence and evil.

The only reason to follow such a God would be fear. Fear of incurring the wrath of the tyrannical celestial dictator.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Fear in the Bible is not the word of fear as we know it today. It is meant instead as respect.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

AMEN!

Oh wait. . . see what I did there?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

It's possible you have ADD.

Don't worry about what man's interpretations are. Just have trust that Jesus knows your heart. There are many Christians that are unable to pray and Holy Spirit will pray for you because He knows what your needs are. But you have to have the Holy Spirit in you, which is as simple as accepting Jesus as your Savior. It's all about making that decision and then just resting in the fact that He's got your back - always and forever.

Aside from any issues of ADD or psychological issues, man is stuck in his flesh suit, the carnal mind. And until one knows that they are a spiritual being caught in a flesh suit, then they also don't know that it takes a lot of work to think from their spiritual reality. Our walk on earth is all about throwing off carnal thoughts and desires and focusing on our new existence - that which is one with God as a spiritual being. It is all about renewing one's mind.

It can be done, but it is a constant work. Some days one is completely in tune with God (at "one with God") and other days you are taking five steps back. The point is all one's sins have already been forgiven and one repents. Man will always sin while on earth, but as long as you repent then it's all good.

I am not saying to stop praying, but I would say stop beating yourself up over it. When one accepts Jesus as their Savior life changes and you no longer have to worry about eternal life.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Prayer is not always about asking for something for God. Prayer is communication, it is a friendship, it's sharing your thoughts, dreams, asking for help for yourself and others, it's a beautiful thing.

I certainly will bow my knee to God who has blessed me in more ways than I could ever list. God created me and he gets my respect and awe. He is an all loving force of the greatest power and the kneeling is not only about the respect He is due, but it is about our piddly human minds acknowledging HIs supreme being. Much like seeing the most beautiful, heart stabbing immenseness. Have you ever seen something that made you weak at the knees or you felt so overwhelmed? It's a combination of all those things when we will kneel in front of God.

God allows free will or else we are not giving Him our love and companionship. He created us for companionship and not to be mindless creatures. That is all that free will means. BUT, He will intervene in our lives if we ask for His help. It does not mean life stops happening and that bad things won't happen for we are under spiritual attack constantly - however, through all the storms we can rest knowing that God will intervene when we ask, and we will ride the storm safely and come out with great wisdom.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I've little doubt there is a "God" but I sure don't know what that means exactly. I don't buy into man made religions, as I would expect a "God" to be the same for one human as the next. No heaven. No hell. Don't buy into that.

As for prayers, I suspect "God" is pretty busy running an entire universe to have time for listening to random prayers. "God" has all sorts of life forms all over the universe to deal with, ya know.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

it takes an intelligent and disciplined mind to meditate,

Outside, here, there are endless lizards and frogs, which spend the bulk of their waking life 'meditating'. And they inherited the earth as they're the intelligent ones. Well after we apparently brilliant humans blow ourselves up they will. Buttons quite likely to be pushed by religious wacko types. Amen!

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
E6ternity in HELL for me, well if that's true then why not abduct & TORTURE me?
Just think, if you can turn your life around, instead of your friends and family who made it to heaven watching you burn in hell, wouldn't you rather be the one in heaven going to the spot which overlooks hell, watching your friends and family who didn't make it burn in hell and suffering in endless agony for eternity?

Avoid this fate!

Removing tongue from cheek now.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
So what you are saying is you have or had ADHD...

In some instances Low Latent Inhibition comes off as if ADD, as it comes off as if OCD in other instances.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

All these pages I'm getting telling how to pray when you cant, they all say the same crap: repeat prayers / verses / hymns / names over and over and over and over and over.

So just hardwire mind control thought patterns into my brain, willingly, and that's going to magically connect me to the force.

Even if it could for most people, my brain doesnt fall for groupthink mantra bs.

So red hot pokers across my eyeballs and under my toenails it is for me, forever. Yea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join