It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Licking their chops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Oh, by the way China has been transforming it military for nearly two decades. It as though they, conservative politicians, have just discover the new world. Republican politics has for a long time been wrapped up in the military, creating villians in order to satisfy a large military budget. They are transforming China into a modern day Nazi Germany. Even though the Chinese have very rarely deployed outside of their borders in the last hundred years yet the American Armed Forces have deployed dozen of times even since the end of the World War II. Not that Chinese are a moral nation, just not given to rampant militarism. I going to remind the world that modern warfare is an expensive proposition and no nation has the money to conqueur the world. So, what make anyone think that Chinese even want more than to be a Super power. Call me amoral, but if the Chinese just want Taiwan, then give it to them. Oh, I know you might call me Nevel Chamberlain, but is Taiwan worth millions of American lives?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
"millions of American lives"

I dont think that would ever happen unless you are referring to the A-Bomb

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
You are not Nevile Chamberlin. You are a naive, child.

"lets just give millions over to opression,slavery and death."

"lets give the sudanese arabs over to the janjaweed and overlook the rapes and slaughter."

"lets give chechnya over to the Russians."

"lets give Afghanistan back to the Russians."

"lets give Rwanda and all the tutsi over to the Hutu's."

You are just sad.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Chinese just want Taiwan, then give it to them.

The most pathetic thing i have heard

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by booger

Thats overkill don't you think! China has no slavery and infact they advocate the rights of the working class.

I'dont kinow what you are talking about but isn't chechnya already apart of Russia and aren't muslim fundamentalists trying to take over chechnya and convert it into a islamic fundamentalist state??

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The USA will go to war with China over Taiwan its only a matter of time. Millons of Americans dont have to die. Assuming the Yanks have good intel they should be able to put an end to the war by nuking mainland China. Nukes are the best way to put an end to any war with China.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Yes, because China doesn't have ICBM's that can reach America and carry a Nuclear payload...fool. American will not use Nukes on China, doing so would A) Harm South Korea, Japan, North Korea or Russia. Which they're not foolish enough to do and B) They'd get the same returned to them.

Also, China's a post communist Nation. They put 'workers rights' up fairly high, but they do use 'criminals' as slaves. Where's the harm in that? It causes China to have one of teh lowest re-offender rates in the world. Unlike 56% for the U.K. and over 50% for America.

Chechnya is under Russian control, the school bombing was done because they want to have indepence.

Taiwan will be invaded and America won't do #. If they do, that'll cause N.K. to kick off and invade the South. Do you honeslty think America can fight a war in the Middle East and Far east at the same time? No.

As for giving Afganistan back, that won't happen the 'Good Ol' U.S. of A.' is happy with the oil it got from that. (Not the freedom it gave to the people, as Afganistan now has one of the largest drug problems in the world. Due to poor post war management.)

Also, if a ground war was ever to happen in N.K, China, etc, it would end up with at the low end 1million US lives - if they got lucky.

China only wants Taiwan under there control and India to stop the boreder disputes. Then, they'll be fine. America's just using them to display 'All things evil', like it does with Islam. Shame the US of A didn't take its time to read the Jewish scriptures before it helped 'create' Israel.

"When a grown up man has intercourse with a little girl it is nothing, for when the girl is less than this [three years old], it is as if one puts the finger into the eye, tears come to the eye,… [footnote] (7) again and again but eyesight returns, so does virginity come back to the little girl under three years." (Kethuboth 11b) - Quote from the Jewish scriptures.

Maybe you should look outside of China and back to America? Unless rape and pedophilia are fine in the 'Good Old US of A'.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Yes, because China doesn't have ICBM's that can reach America and carry a Nuclear payload...fool. American will not use Nukes on China, doing so would A) Harm South Korea, Japan, North Korea or Russia. Which they're not foolish enough to do and B) They'd get the same returned to them.

If the Americans have good intel then they would have destoryed China ablity to launch there own nukes. Think about it the Chinese supply lines would be destoryed and any target of military importance would have been nuked how would China continue the war?

[edit on 2-3-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Er...if America used ICBM's they would be tracked and China would counter attack, before the ICBM's hit their silos. If they launcehd using 'Stealth Bombers', same would happen. After all, if a guy in Kosovo can down one with a rocket it is likely China's air defence grid would pick it up, same would happen again if a nuke hit them. After all it is a big country that has its silos spaced out.

And I'd put money on China 'watching' all the nearist locations of F-117a's to it, it is doubtful they're foolish enough not too.

And could America risk a Nuclear War? All it would take is one slight mistake in the plan and missiles would be returned. (Oh yeah and the New Submarines China has can launch Nuclear ICBM's. So how would they take those out in time?)

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   

And could America risk a Nuclear War? All it would take is one slight mistake in the plan and missiles would be returned. (Oh yeah and the New Submarines China has can launch Nuclear ICBM's. So how would they take those out in time?)

You are forgotting that American subs can lanuch nukes as well. If the lines of communications hane been destoryed there might be some diffculty in lanuching a "counter attack" also american ASW forces would be on the look out for the subs you mentioned they wouldnt have free rein.
Dose china have the ablity to stop ICBMs?
America is devloping ways of stopping the likes of ICBMs (the so called son of star wars program.)
America would have everything to gain by nuking China and nothing to lose.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
China has only be lucky once, and a single US will be gone. If its LA 3 million Americans will die, more than anytime since the republic began. I am of the opinion sometimes principle is a very dish in deed. Yes, we will win now if the war happen now, but this one will be different. Americans will see that no more video game war. This war will right in the living room, maybe literally. It is so easy for arm chair generals to spout off, but if that lucky shot I speak of hits your city. Saving Taiwan, priceless.
I will defend against all enemies foriegn and domestic, is the words I said eight years ago as a 24 year old. I didn't sign up for American Peace. Touch one hair on an American and the thunder of God will come down on you. I AM NOT MY BROTHER'S KEEPER. 7 TRILLION IN DEBT, 1 MILLION AMERICAN SOLDIERS DIED, WHEN IS IT ENOUGH?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
That's my whole point. All they need is to get lucky once.

And as for the 'Sign Up', once I have my degree I plan on joining the RAF Gunners and do the 9year stint.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Firstly I would like to congratulate you on your complete and utter lack of insight and flaunting this ignorance so flamboyantly!

Chechnya is under Russian control, the school bombing was done because they want to have indepence.

This kind of trolling is what I detest. I am sure anybody with even marginal intellect will be able to comprehend that the so called "Chechnyan Struggle" is just a cheap ploy to recruit more mindless muslim fanatics to the cause of spreading fear, hate and promoting senseless acts if violence. If the so called struggle was of any merit it lost it the day they attacked and killed thousands of innocent children, the depths to which these profane muslim criminals stoop to further some pitifull goal that is long forgotten in their satanic delirium. What message does any sane person get when you kill hundreds of innocent children and women? What does it tell you about the people who are fighting for Chechnya? With what audacity do they demand for their freedom??

You have the gall and the temerity to say that Chechnya is a freedom movement ??
Go troll somewhere else with your tendentious drivel !

Taiwan will be invaded and America won't do . If they do, that'll cause N.K. to kick off and invade the South. Do you honeslty think America can fight a war in the Middle East and Far east at the same time? No.

This crap again shows your complete ignorance. Why do you think the Chinese don't take Taiwan if they could? Its because they can't , even without US help China wouldn't be able to pull it off because they don't have what it takes. China is basically like a cowardly bully that looks for the right moment when no one is looking to strike a weaker country and go on to gloat about its glorious success in brilliant cowardly attack!:dn
The fact of the matter is that the USA can, could and always will be able to swat any Chinese aggression, heck we got china surrounded politically and geographically. Even if we nuke china tomorrow nobody will stop us and infact we would be praised for timely action by all the countries of the world.
The ongoing campaign in the middle east is about promoting freedom, liberty and democracy in that deprived region, the USA as the sole super power has the moral right and obligatory duty to promote Freedom, Liberty and Justice that all humanity deserves to have.
When we deal with china we won't show any such compassion the outcome will be definite and swift, the whole world can be assured if that!
Your question if America can handle two conflicts at a time, the answer is hell yeah!
During the cold war the whole of NATO Europe and most of the free world was protected by the might of all the true and righteous militaries of the world lead by the USA

Let there be no doubt about it, the USA will preserve freedom at all costs and will deal out a swift and affirmative reply to all anti-democratic forces that seek to promote communism and fundamentalism through out the world.

[edit on 2-3-2005 by IAF101]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
During the collapse of the Soviet Union, a group of Chechen leaders declared themselves to be the lawful government, announced a new parliament, and declared independence as the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria. As of 2004, their independence is not recognized by any relevant state. This declaration has led to armed conflicts in which rival Chechen groups and the Russian Federal army were involved.

Reportedly, the pro-Moscow officials admit (see external links) that since 1994 over 200,000 insurgents and civilians have been killed, and in the same period over 20,000 children have been killed in Chechnya and tens of thousands more became orphans.
en.wikipedia.org...

Also, America isn't as great as you think. Look at the testing it did to its own people in the 1920's and onwards - probably still to this day.

Sad you believe they're 'this good' and can do 'everything', when they owe so many Countries money.

mwhodges.home.att.net...

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Sad you believe they're 'this good' and can do 'everything', when they owe so many Countries money.

mwhodges.home.att.net...

What does having debt have to do with the Chinese situation??

The $37trillion figure given in your link is false because the states take loans from the fedral banks and some states more than others, how it a national debt if we have to pay money back to ourselves??
Also even if it was 37 trillion it is measly compared to the overall budget and any one physical the entire debt can be cleared off. Also with the amount of debt that the USA has give to other nations we should be able to neutralize most of the debt owed.
Again, What does national debt have to do with the Chinese situation??

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   

"lets give the sudanese arabs over to the janjaweed and overlook the rapes and slaughter."
"lets give Rwanda and all the tutsi over to the Hutu's."

You have and will, late entry to WWII, support of the Shah, support of Saudi Arabia, Guatamala coup, support of Iraq, support of Taliban... need I go on?
While you may be right to point out that we ought not let this go, this is not the way to do it explain the pros and cons intead of just trying to demonize the poster who raised a valid point.

As to U.S. national debt take a look @ www.brillig.com...
U.S. is pretty screwed finacially, if it wasen't buying most of the worlds products it would have collapsed long ago.

Finnally I'd like to make a comment that is a little backwards to the general intent of this thread. Recent American forays and overall aggressiveness would put any potential-enemy on edge, even China. Now given this and how many times China has been threatened in the relativly near history up till the establishment of communism, would it not be possible for their gov. to do the same as the U.S.? The U.S. has long had a tradition of blowing up potential threats to excuse over-zealous military spending, W. Bush just happens to be pushing it even further. Now given how much of the country is already under goverment control how hard would it be for China to set up a similar situation to excuse it's own military spending(presumably increased dramatically when this campain starts). If you will entertain the thought(as scary as it is), how hard do you think it would be for these two nations to decend into an Orwellian prelude to 1984. I don't think that this will happen mind you but I see it as possible, especially if China plays ball.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
IAF101, I'll post a full reply by Sunday, got a busy weekend at work and don't have time to explain everything right now.

top topics

join