It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. halts F-35 equipment to Turkey, protests its plans to buy from Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States has halted delivery of equipment related to the stealthy F-35 fighter aircraft to Turkey, marking the first concrete U.S. step to block delivery of the jet to the NATO ally in light of Ankara’s planned purchase of a Russian missile defense system

We need to kick Turkey out of NATO. we need to close and empty Incirlik AB, and leave them to their own devices. We need to treat them as an enemy as long as they have that Islamic dictator for a leader continue to issue threats to our allies and us, and engage in anti-NATO/US activities.

Enough is enough. Turkey is not our friend.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Add them to the list, sad they don't rank at the top.

It's a morbid truth they aren't the worse we cozy up with.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Also let's add India to the list, no difference in what they buy and from who

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

Yeah there is. It's not about buying Russian, it's about buying the S400 when they're also buying the F-35. The S400 can potentially pick up a lot of information that could compromise the F-35s capabilities, and Russia would have access to that data.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Yeah there is. It's not about buying Russian, it's about buying the S400 when they're also buying the F-35. The S400 can potentially pick up a lot of information that could compromise the F-35s capabilities, and Russia would have access to that data.

Yeah, i may have read something that wasn't correct but i thought India was interested in the F-35, now i can't find anything confirming this, thanks for bringing clarity into this. I was posting under wrong assumptions

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

There's been informal talk about India maybe getting them, but there's never been anything official about them wanting to buy them.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There's been informal talk about India maybe getting them, but there's never been anything official about them wanting to buy them.

So i guess now that they are getting the S-400 it would be a roadblock for the F-35 right?

They will get into the same situation as Turkey, unless they being a bigger player can figure out a way around it. But seems unlikely

It seems like a bad plan in the short term, possibly also long term but what do i know

edit on 2-4-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join