It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moron barmaid AOC once again proves her gross ignorance of US History

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Dunno but to use barmaid as a dig.....
She isn't one anymore so why lump all barmaids in with her?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

For AOC to make this political jab is just juvenile and shows she isn't (not the only politician from either party I might add) at least thinking about what she is saying. It was to score points with her base...nothing more, nothing less.

I really don't know the context of her comment, and I don't even care anymore, in this environment of twitter, Instagram and Facebook, in the moment reality, moments that never die, politically immortalized....

But, even if that's true, she's in good company. That's what politicians do, pander to their base. There are oh so many politician deserving of our scrutiny and mockery!

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Of course, well not so of course (technically speaking) in certain terms, the "right" constantly highlighting her nonsense (actually literally) gives her her platform.

Because partisans dont care about their own team being halfwit retard sorts.

We saw the same thing with "liberals" making it their daily routine to keep everyone informed to the efforts of "alt-right" sorts such as Richard Spencer.

That was calculated on their part, meaning.................

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It was on an MSNBC in a long winded, platitude laden, all Republicans are bad sound bite.

I think most sane people agree, the amendment was a direct result of FDR not following precedent, but was surely following the Constitution.

It is claiming it was a Republican backroom deal to deny FDR (even though most would agree the 22nd would have probably excluded him) while also claiming a vast right-wing conspiracy in the media for her poll numbers just makes her look dumb.

Such is life while sitting in the rafters watching the great American Political Theater.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I really don't know the context of her comment, and I don't even care anymore

And why , at that point of realizing you did not know anything of the thread , did you not "give up the ghost" ?

edit on 4/2/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Yay, another AOC thread, and the 4th or 5th one about this particular subject!

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Lumenari

But the movement to add the 22 amendment happened during FDR's presidency, who was elected 4 times and served for 12 years, before he died in office, and was promoted because of FDR's long political reign. The movement was spearheaded by Dewey, the Republican who was defeated by FDR, who claimed that FDR's long reign was a threat to democracy.

AOC may have summarized the history behind the 22nd Amendment a little cavalierly, but she's not totally wrong. If there had not been a president that served as long as FDR we might not even have the 22 Amendment.

But you also seemed to have missed this part of your own quote:

In March 1947, a Republican-controlled Congress approved a 22nd Amendment, with an exception that would exclude a president in office from term limits during the ratification process.

That means that, as you suggest, even though the movement occurred during FDR's presidency, it would not have applied to him if he hadn't died, as he would have been a president in office. So it never would have had any bearing on FDR at all?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
AOC for Miss South Carolina !

edit on 2-4-2019 by radarloveguy because: xxx

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Are you obtuse? He died before the amendment was passed. Thus it could never have been about preventing him from another term, he was dead. Was it in response to a President holding more than 2 terms, yes, and how that is now a partisan thing is beyond me. The concept was established by Washington and is in large part why America was so successful at preventing tyranny.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
AOC is far from a moron. She is one of the most articulate and pointed congressional members I've seen to date. How did that slip by anyone?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If anything, AOC reminds me of Hitler.

Who would think that a mild unassuming artist could be such a megalomaniac and evil bastard?

She has the same aspirations.

She honestly scares me.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

AOC is a stunning example of today's education and the kind of people it puts out when you can get a pass on everything because you fit a certain gender and minority status. It doesn't help that she was an airhead cheerleader.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I have looked at quite a few pictures and videos of her since she came on the scene. And I can honestly that there is no doubt in my mind that she could kill a ton of people if she thought she could get away with it.

It is there in her eyes and facial expressions. And I don’t mean just a resting bitch face, it is there in prevailing thoughts in the back of her mind and you can see it plain as day at every bit of anger or frustration.

Deny it if you must, but if you look you will see it.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: NthOther

People like her have been running the public education system for well nigh 40 years now.

The entire f# population is brainwashed. Don't rest on your laurels now. She's only the tit of the iceberg.

Trying to envision the tit of an iceberg...

I think they meant 'twit.'

That's right. The pompous little twit. LOL

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Just going by what she says, she craves power, her Green Deal is an authoritarian dream, her arrogance is off the chart.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 2-4-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

But the movement to add the 22 amendment happened during FDR's presidency, who was elected 4 times and served for 12 years, before he died in office, and was promoted because of FDR's long political reign. The movement was spearheaded by Dewey, the Republican who was defeated by FDR, who claimed that FDR's long reign was a threat to democracy.

AOC may have summarized the history behind the 22nd Amendment a little cavalierly, but she's not totally wrong. If there had not been a president that served as long as FDR we might not even have the 22 Amendment.

Am I to assume you supported democrat policies in the FDR days?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Hmmm, no, just NO.

AOC was entirely wrong.

They passed the 22nd AFTER FDR was DEAD.

Dead, get it ?

As in: Dead.

So, if Congress passed it 2 years AFTER FDR was DEAD, it was NOT to prevent FDR from having another term.

You, ah, understand the concepts of before and after right ? Or, are you related to AOC and clean toilets or work in a bar....LOLOLOLOLOLOL

/SARC off

Boggles the mind to see that anyone can put any faith in anything AOC says or proposes

Sookie is just trying to defend 40's democrats. All democrat newbs do because they don't understand history. New America won't let them.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I have a distinct feeling that she will one day be elected because of a sextape. You know how Kim Kardashian made a sex tape and suddenly became famous...that’ll be AOC.

NOW, who’s the willing stud here at ATS to do the deed? AOC offers you $10,000,000 to make a tape with her (male or female...doesn’t matter). Do you do it?!?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
AOC is far from a moron. She is one of the most articulate and pointed congressional members I've seen to date. How did that slip by anyone?

If you consider her articulate, I would consider evaluating my circle of people.

The only time shes even remotely articulate, is when shes staying on script from her handlers.
edit on 2-4-2019 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join