It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moron barmaid AOC once again proves her gross ignorance of US History

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
AOC made the laughably false claim that Republicans changed the US Constitution to prevent FDR from having another term as President.
See at 6:37

The problem with that claim is that FDR died in office in 1945.

The 22nd amendment (passed to institutionalize the tradition set by Washington himself and to prevent long term dictatorships) was only passed in 1947, TWO YEARS AFTER FDR DIED, and was only ratified in 1951, almost 6 years after FDR died.

I know Democrats get all the votes from dead voters.
But now, dead people can be elected democrat President!!

AOC and Corpse 2020 !!!

Yay ignorance! - vote AOC !

Venezuela, here we come !!!!

+32 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Although your post was a tad hyperbolic, I think we can all agree with this simple meme that even the left will understand...

She's a sure win for the Democratic party Presidential primary once she's old enough to actually enter it.

edit on 1-4-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Although your post was a tad hyperbolic

Which part was hyperbolic? 😳

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Although your post was a tad hyperbolic

Which part was hyperbolic? 😳

Moron barmaid AOC once again proves her gross ignorance of US History

Although grammatically true, it is a tad mean-spirited.

Pro Tip...

We don't have to really fight so hard on social media anymore with the cultural war between the left and the right.

The left, after all, is now doing the job for us.

There is a time where you can just retire your troops from the battlefield and let the other side finish itself off.

AOC is the fiery wrath of God that will consume that party from within.

Let's sit back, relax and watch the carnage.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

She is not smart enough to be a barmaid.

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I really do not like judging people based on appearance.

However, there is something in AOC's eyes, body language and aura that just does not sit right with me.

It's a psycho/sociopathic vibe that I get from here.

And yes this is purely a speculative opinion.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

People like her have been running the public education system for well nigh 40 years now.

The entire f# population is brainwashed. Don't rest on your laurels now. She's only the tit of the iceberg.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

She's not completely wrong though.

The Republicans campaigned heavily against a third-term president, and the Democrats countered with claims that Wilkie was a “third-rate” candidate.

Later in the campaign, Roosevelt insisted that he was in the race to keep America out of war in Europe, and he easily defeated Wilkie on Election Day.

But talk about a presidential term-limits amendment started in 1944, when Republican candidate Thomas Dewey said a potential 16-year term for Roosevelt was a threat to democracy.

In March 1947, a Republican-controlled Congress approved a 22nd Amendment, with an exception that would exclude a president in office from term limits during the ratification process. It took until February 1951 to get enough states to ratify the amendment, and President Harry Truman decided to opt against running for a third term. Since then, some members of Congress have introduced efforts to repeal the 22nd Amendment, but they haven’t made it out of committee.

FDR’s third-term election and the 22nd amendment constitutioncenter.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

People like her have been running the public education system for well nigh 40 years now.

The entire f# population is brainwashed. Don't rest on your laurels now. She's only the tit of the iceberg.

Trying to envision the tit of an iceberg...

~shakes it off~

You have to rest sometimes, take stock, figure out a plan and go forward.

All I am saying is that now is that time.

2020 is around the corner and the Democratic party primary will probably be the most horrifying yet entertaining in modern political history.

Let them do it, and with the complete co-operation of their PR arm (the media) duke it out in cage matches to see who is the biggest Progessive SJW.

All it is going to do is completely repulse the people they forgot about last time... the 50% of voters that are not Democrat or Republican.

Then we'll go from there.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
She got the answers and the questions from Donna Brazile 😎

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Although she is completely wrong and I'm not sure how you missed it.

AOC made the laughably false claim that Republicans changed the US Constitution to prevent FDR from having another term as President.

I'm assuming since he had been dead for two years at the time, the evil Republicans didn't change it for his next term as President.

Because he was dead.

And probably couldn't run again.

Because he was dead.

Hope that helped.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

...but, but AOC said she worked in a bar !.....so, if she was not a cocktail waitress there, what was she charging
men for ...oh...you mean, she was .....

LOLOLOL
/sarc off

(yes, Lumenari, I am being not so much mean spirited as being caustic comedian....late night does it all the time... to one side only)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Sounded like she has the "Great Society" happening under FDR too 😆

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Cortez is dangerous.

It’s not that she is evil, a megalomaniac, it’s because she has people that believe her.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Trying to envision the tit of an iceberg...

I think they meant 'twit.'

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

I have to agree with you on that, The barmaids I knew were intelligent, they just acted dumb some times to get better tips.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

But the movement to add the 22 amendment happened during FDR's presidency, who was elected 4 times and served for 12 years, before he died in office, and was promoted because of FDR's long political reign. The movement was spearheaded by Dewey, the Republican who was defeated by FDR, who claimed that FDR's long reign was a threat to democracy.

AOC may have summarized the history behind the 22nd Amendment a little cavalierly, but she's not totally wrong. If there had not been a president that served as long as FDR we might not even have the 22 Amendment.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Hmmm, no, just NO.

AOC was entirely wrong.

They passed the 22nd AFTER FDR was DEAD.

Dead, get it ?

As in: Dead.

So, if Congress passed it 2 years AFTER FDR was DEAD, it was NOT to prevent FDR from having another term.

You, ah, understand the concepts of before and after right ? Or, are you related to AOC and clean toilets or work in a bar....LOLOLOLOLOLOL

/SARC off

Boggles the mind to see that anyone can put any faith in anything AOC says or proposes

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
AOC is not smart enough to be cavalier.

She's an idiot.

And you know it too.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join