It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand removes any reference to Jesus from parliamentary prayer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here it comes, now they're truly pushing separation politics between peoples. Erdogan didn't help with his racial attack on New Zealand either, this isnt going to end well.

In the wake of the Christchurch mosque attack, we come to find out that New Zealand has removed references to Jesus from the parliamentary prayer, sparking outrage among the country’s Christian population. Speaker of the House, Trevor Mallard, made the decision to drop references to Jesus in order to make the prayer “more inclusive” for all parliamentarians.

Around 1,000 people protested on the steps of parliament house in Wellington, arguing that New Zealand was a Christian nation and Mallard had no authority to axe Jesus’s name.

“He needs a good kick in his pants, and he needs to actually be removed ", protester Rieki Teutscher told Radio NZ.

Back to work!

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

They will keep pushing the boundaries.

History repeats.

Perhaps the Speaker needs to say something like, 'Let them eat cake.'

The sewers of politics need a good clean out, with a brush or something.

P

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
What a bunch of crybabies.

I don't know why the native population get's all worked up when they realize they are being tore down and replaced(with something much more inferior I might add).

Don't they know to just shut their mouths, smile and take what the government doles out to them.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Isn’t secular government supposed to remove religious language from their proceedings?

Does jesus need to be mentioned in any government situation?

Do you guys want a christian theocracy?
edit on 1-4-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I think this is good. I say remove the prayer all together and mabye replace it with a oath they say each sitting. Could be a oath about doing their best for the New Zealand people.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

But allow Allah on the airwaves on National Radio. I guess we can see where this is going. But to be fair, quoting Jesus at parliament was meaningless for them anyway.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

What does it matter?

JESUS SAVES.

period.

Remove his name from everywhere that it's written in the world and cyberspace.

He's still going to communicate via the spirit in people's heads, including unbelievers that he taps like Paul through visions. All of the visions people have that lead them to do all sort of good stuff for the kingdom on earth? Had he not put a cross in the sky for Constantine to see before a battle that he then was the victor of, it wouldn't have been an eventual global thing to begin with.

He made that happen when he was taboo and you'd be persecuted if you professed your faith publicly. He doesn't need people to prop him up, especially in a bunch of evil parliaments, houses of government, constitutions, prayers, etc.

Right?

The gospel needed to be spread to the world. No one knows if he really said that or how much extra good natured lies were added onto his words to push agendas for his "kingdom" on Earth to save all of the poor sinners who are destined for eternal hellfire by default upon birth, because Adam & Eve "ate an apple" from Satan, were ashamed of being naked and became much more conservative, committing some sort of epic sin passed on for eternity. Sounds like a threesome to me and I'm not trolling, I'm quite serious.

How are these plans laid out by God reliant upon people spreading the word of them, making people not sin as much or at all and using word of mouth to propagate?

Is reality a game created by God where it's possible to have an armageddon then an afterlife in heaven with millions, billions of friends for infinity but only if we trigger it through our influence and actions as players over time?

The potential is there to beat the game quickly instead of advancing into the far future, tens of thousands of years from now, then no one new gets to play? No exploring the solar system, galaxy someday?

That's all a quixotic, deep illusion. Deception brought about by Satan and by ignorance of God's plan so there's a great deal of ego and sci-fi fantasy involved, dungeons & dragons in the future setting.
edit on 4/1/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I guess they'll soon officially change the name of the city of Christchurch to Dudebuilding.

Seems legit.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

Nup, NZ going full metal jacket here.

Christchurch to be renamed ---- Mohammad Mosque.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Thought this happened in October last year.

Anger as Jesus reference removed from New Zealand parliamentary prayer
www.theguardian.com...

1,000 Christians Protest New Zealand's Removal of All Jesus References in Parliamentary Prayer
www.christianpost.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

April fools right?

voiceofeurope: Questionable due to extreme right wing bias, promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories and poor sourcing

Notice the date on the Guardian article 2018-oct-31-anger-as-jesus-r eference-removed-from-new-zealand-parliamentary-prayer

Which came first March 15, 2019 or October 31, 2018?
edit on 1-4-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

You just beat me by a few minutes.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

You just beat me by a few minutes.

Appears it was actually in 2017 with protests happening again last year.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Oh dear, you're right, my bad.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I think NZ will face earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions this year.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Congrats, you just discovered why NZ was chosen by Tarrant and co.

Oh oh.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   

didn't see this not a practicing christian or god botherer but this should be debated its the thin edge of the wedge:

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
why does the NZ parliament need to have refferences to jesus - in thier official prayer - why do they even need to pray publically

hint - the bible has a comment on that - funny how so called christians ignore it

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

What does it matter?

JESUS SAVES.

period.

He's ok but De Gea is better.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join