It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark Zuckerberg calls for stronger regulation of internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
On the one hand I can see how some intervention may be required here. But then on the other hand, this IS Zuckerberg saying this, the Master control hound himself.

So, how much more Government Intervention can we take? A little here, a little there and pretty soon we're living like the Chinese in bondage to a Government they have no control over.

The Facebook boss, Mark Zuckerberg has set out how he believes the social network and the internet should be regulated.
The firm’s founder and chief executive said there was a need for governments and regulators to have “a more active role”.
Zuckerberg said he believed new regulation was needed in four areas – harmful content, election integrity, privacy and data portability.

Zuckerberg said effective privacy and data protection needed a “globally harmonised framework”, advocating more countries adopting rules such as GDPR – the EU’s general data protection regulation – as a common framework.

He thinks the EU data regulation is a good framework for our Democratic System? I don't think so. The EU regulates everything they don't like. Not even Memes are protected from it's wrath.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This crap was already planned out.

Congress ended Lifelog, a darpa/pentagon program and made it private so it was legal.
Zuckerberg, if that's his name, is a shill traitor.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
What a deep state cuck. And I hate that word but this time it fits like spandex. Wonder what they got on this socio-freak-a-alien-path...whatever Zuck-face is.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I call for stronger regulation of Mark Zuckerberg and his deep state spying tools.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

I call for the biggest class action lawsuit in history.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Well, since he tried to get everyone's nude pictures, I can take a wild guess at it.

Dudes a perv. Probably pizza realated.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

He cited harmful content because Facebook catches heat for psychos live streaming violent crimes and shocking murders. They also get it for "allowing" hate groups, terrorists, and criminal groups to use their service for communication and proselytizing. Things like solicitation are laughable now as cybercrimes because they've been dwarfed by far worse; the ugliest and most deranged aspects of mankind.

He cited election integrity because of the ability for anyone to post fake news and information, including people with thousands upon thousands of readers and those being financed and directed by foreign governments and/or hostile entities. They received a lot of associated blame from the Russian debacle. Just because the President didn't collude with them doesn't mean they didn't meddle. It's been proven that they financed and ran, even by extension, a successful social media campaign in favor of President Trump.

He cited privacy because everyone loves privacy, you can never get enough. The more people become accepting of and immersed in vices promoted by an open, liberal society, increasingly confident that so long as they don't cross certain legal boundaries or do so without notice, privacy will always sell. Because of hackers you know, and the Chinese stealing data.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

Isn't that like Hitler calling for action against anti-Semetic violence?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

He cited privacy

..which I find insane.

Facebook literally activates your microphone(maybe/probably more) on your device when you install messenger.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
People everywhere know or should know by now that all those fancy lofty sounding reasons he gave justifying regulation of the internet is really putting into place more power and force of what he is already wrongfully doing with his creation.

He's advocating for more power and force for censorship of the things he is already doing to people he disagrees with.

You can't buy wisdom with any amount of money, but it sure has bought him more self pride than any human being can manage, which is why he is self destructing and doesn't even know it. Like a dead man walking blindfolded towards a high cliff.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
What a genius this guy is, huh? He created the biggest privacy disaster in history and now claims he cares about privacy.

"Hey! Come and join my site under your real name and send the link to everyone you've ever met in your entire life since birth. It'll be fine! I promise!"

Flippin assclown.
edit on 1-4-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Regulation of internet like this one?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

This is truly disgusting, FB needs to be shut down or investigated or something. Someone needs to post this one on Trumps Twitter Page.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
A general rule of thumb, if he wants it, you don't.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
One group of people want more regulation and more censorship: the gutless left.
The weak
The gutless
The pussified left

“But what if I read something that offends me?”

“I want this banned because somebody, somewhere, might be offended”

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This is like a rapist who hashtags metoo.....looking at you, Bill Clinton

-Chris

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It's not normal for industry to ask for Government regulations; often they look for ways to regulate themselves in order to keep the government at bay ... so why is Facebook asking for government regulations? Why doesn't Zuckerberg implement all the personal regulations he thinks his company should be following? ... makes me think he has other motivations.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

The reason people are #FedUP with this is because the Left and the special inclusive groups get away with all kinds of crap it's over looked and ignored. But when it's against the Leftist agenda, all hell breaks loose and they turn into the undead on speed.

edit on 2-4-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join