It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrite Jerry Nadler Demands Full Mueller Report. Was Against Release of Starr Report in 1998.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Monday, April 1, 2019

House Judiciary chairman Jerry Nadler (D-NY) is refusing to accept the version of the Mueller Report that Barr/Rosenstein/Mueller are preparing for release to Congress "On or Before Mid-April", according to AG William Barr.

Instead, Nadler wants the full (non-redacted) 400 page report, along with all source materials (documents, testimonies, wire-taps, etc.) that Special Counsel Bob Mueller accumulated during his 20 month investigation.

The report is being scrubbed by the three men, with Grand Jury information, and sources/methods blacked out (redacted), as required by law. L

ast week, Jerold Nadler and House Intelligence Committee chairman Adam Schiff set an April 2nd deadline for Attorney General Barr to hand over the full report, and source evidence.

Today in the New York Times, House Judiciary Chairman Jerrold Nadler writes an op-ed demanding the full release of the entire Mueller report by tomorrow.

He never quite gets around to mentioning what’s holding up the release of the Mueller report, which is the need to remove information related to grand jury deliberations or other ongoing investigations that have been referred to other offices.

As noted last week, there are good reasons why prosecutors generally don’t release grand jury information.

In his letter to Congress, Attorney General William Barr specifically cited Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e), which provides that government attorneys and the jurors themselves, among others, “must not disclose a matter occurring before the grand jury.”

Barr didn’t make this rule up, it’s not obscure or optional, and Nadler knows darn well about its importance. Barr stated in a letter to Nadler and the judiciary committee that the special counsel’s office is assisting in identifying portions that are grand-jury testimony or relate to ongoing investigations or prosecutions.

But because the Democrats prefer a narrative of a sinister cover-up, Nadler just averts his eyes and pretends the rules on grand jury testimony don’t exist.
Source: www.nationalreview.com...

These rules and laws are meaningless to chairman Nadler now, but they weren't when the Special Prosecutor's report on Bill Clinton was finished..

Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, is the leading Democrat demanding the release of the Mueller Report “in its entirety” without redactions.

His committee is planning to subpoena the Justice Department for the full report...with a vote scheduled for Wednesday April 3rd.

But back in 1998, as a member of the same committee, Nadler vociferously opposed the release of the full Starr Report, saying that “as a matter of decency and protecting people’s privacy rights, people who may be totally innocent third parties, what must not be released at all.”

Then, the president was Bill Clinton. Now, it is a Republican, Donald Trump.

Ken Starr, the independent counsel investigating then-President Bill Clinton, delivered his report to Congress on Sept. 9, 1998.

That night, Nadler went on Charlie Rose's show to push back against the Republican demand that the voluminous report should be made public. “It’s grand jury material! It represents statements which may or may not be true by various witnesses," Nadler said. "Salacious material. All kinds of material that it would be unfair to release.”
More at: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Congressman Jerry Nadler epitomizes the type of hypocrisy that Americans are sick of experiencing with our politicians. The guy is simply...a jerk. A jerk in a powerful position, is a dangerous mixture. Bad for America.

-CareWeMust

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He will get his full(ly) redacted report soon enough. I "predict" Liberal heads explode for the umpteenth time when they get the redacted report.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

He will get his full(ly) redacted report soon enough. I "predict" Liberal heads explode for the umpteenth time when they get the redacted report.

Their heads shouldn't explode, because Congress is the body that changed the rules, to redact Grand Jury material from the report. Nadler is an idiot.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The Nadler Rap

He is a Democrat,
Hypocrite,
Full of crap,
Just like Schiff.

I would like to have a job that would allow me to hang out at the Capital and just yell "Shiff for Brains!", every time I see Adam. Do you think it would get to him after a while?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Remember how Democrats went ballistic when (then) House Intel Chairman Devin Nunes released a mostly non-redacted "memo" last year?

Congressional Democrats are stepping up calls for Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia report to be released in full -- even preparing subpoenas -- despite complaining just over a year ago that Republicans were jeopardizing “sources and methods” with their decision at the time to release a memo on alleged government surveillance abuse.
More at: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: highvein

Remember how Democrats went ballistic when (then) House Intel Chairman Devin Nunes released a mostly non-redacted "memo" last year?

Congressional Democrats are stepping up calls for Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia report to be released in full -- even preparing subpoenas -- despite complaining just over a year ago that Republicans were jeopardizing “sources and methods” with their decision at the time to release a memo on alleged government surveillance abuse.
More at: www.foxnews.com...

lol. Yes. A' las, TDS has been allowed to run rampant, through out their imaginary world of Orange Man Bad.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I wonder if Barr will completely re-write the report and change it all around? I doubt Mueller would notice. Yea, that's probably exactly what's going on here. derp

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It only seems hypocritical if you dont understand the context of the release of the Star report vs the still unreleased Mueller report.

The Star report was sent to congress in full and they voted on public release, Nadler was against the public release.

Barr is sitting on the Mueller report as a gate keeper keeping it from congress while he cuts out bits he doesnt want congress to see. Nadler wants it sent to congress in full.

Quite the difference between the two... if you ignore the facts of the case like your articles did even though I could piece the non-propaganda story from your own OP.

But that is par for those sources you used.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
It only seems hypocritical if you dont understand the context of the release of the Star report vs the still unreleased Mueller report.

The Star report was sent to congress in full and they voted on public release, Nadler was against the public release.

Barr is sitting on the Mueller report as a gate keeper keeping it from congress while he cuts out bits he doesnt want congress to see. Nadler wants it sent to congress in full.

Quite the difference between the two... if you ignore the facts of the case like your articles did even though I could piece the non-propaganda story from your own OP.

But that is par for those sources you used.

The Starr report had no classified documents nor was it a matter of National Security , therefore it was voted on and released by Congress
The Mueller report is and does
Please do not draw conclusions based on emotion.
Only fact and logic , please.

edit on 4/1/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I wonder if Barr will completely re-write the report and change it all around? I doubt Mueller would notice. Yea, that's probably exactly what's going on here. derp

On January 30th, Acting AG Matthew Whitaker said it's a certainty that Mueller's report will be reviewed thoroughly and possibly "adjusted". You can guess the reactions from Democrats.

Link To ATS Thread on that subject: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Plus, the Special Prosecutor provisions expired in 1999. The new Special Counsel provisions that replaced it, are quite different. The Attorney General has much greater latitude with the investigation, shaping the final report, and taking appropriate action on the findings of the S.C..

SOURCE: www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This would really make Dems and MSM mad! There's no LEGAL REASON why AG Barr has to release the Mueller report at all...to anyone.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Plus, the Special Prosecutor provisions expired in 1999. The new Special Counsel provisions that replaced it, are quite different. The Attorney General has much greater latitude with the investigation, shaping the final report, and taking appropriate action on the findings of the S.C..

SOURCE: www.nbcnews.com...

Due exclusively to how the Starr report was mishandled by Congressional Democrats

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Clinton was impeached. What did Democrats do with the Starr report that mattered?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
If it was the other way around and there was a 400 page report and only a hundred or so words had been released you guys would be going bat # crazy.
Release it all and let it end.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyToxicTash
If it was the other way around and there was a 400 page report and only a hundred or so words had been released you guys would be going bat # crazy.
Release it all and let it end.

there I was, in the halls of congress, I had successfully broken the defenses of our nation, and was one step away from getting to the computer that holds the sacred report. I was one click away from saving it to a flash drive and sharing it with the world, just then, I realized that I had no more control over this report than anyone else, and crying for the release to others who also agreed it should be released was really, really dumb.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Jerrold Nadler is DEMANDING that Attorney General Barr come before his Judiciary committee NOW...not in a month.

Source: www.cnbc.com...

Nadler wants the full Mueller report TODAY and Barr to testify THIS WEEK. What is Jerry afraid of?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Rep. Doug Collins just said Top Democrats are having a "Sugar Fit" today.

They're angry that Mueller found no collusion, and their rank-and-file Democrats are mad at the leaders, for not delivering Trump's head on a platter.

They were all promising each other that he would be skewered, finished, annihilated!

SUGAR FITS & ULCERS: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wow..it's a good thing Nadler got his stomach stapled in 2009, or he'd be pushing up daisies now. They couldn't get all of him in the interview window!

<<   2 >>

join