It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If border is closed no Avocados

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

Hey I resent the midget part

Sheesh, didn't realize avacados were such a big deal to so many folks. Is there really no other readily available source? And if they are indeed so in-demand why the heck are way not growing them here?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I’ll skip the avocados if they let me eat meat.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: roadgravel
What about California?

www.californiaavocado.com...

That's right!
We grow them right here in Cali!

Im shopping for some new avocado trees right now to replace the 3 trees I lost some years ago. They grow good here, but need to be protected from frost. The Global warming is keeping them safe here now!
Better build a greenhouse for them then, cause the Grand Solar Minimum is upon us.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Nyiah

In my world a 340 lb dude is fully believable. 7'3" was a give away that BS was afoot, and actually considering how ridiculous that claim was, I'll assume the member in question thought he was equally dramatizing the weight and he's actually about a buck-25.

I'm not hung up on it, for what it's worth, I was just amused by it.

Height wasn't a give-away, it was the 30 avocados a day that was. If he really ate that many a day, he'd never get off the toilet. Too much fiber & excessive oil backfires and causes the runs. Keeping the exit lubed up for comfortable movements is one thing, 30 a day to do the job is overkill by a long shot.
edit on 4/1/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

What about California?

That's right!

Im shopping for some new avocado trees right now to replace the 3 trees I lost some years ago. They grow good here, but need to be protected from frost. The Global warming is keeping them safe here now!
Better build a greenhouse for them then, cause the Grand Solar Minimum is upon us.

I already have one

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Grow a avocado tree,then you can grow a pair.
Don't forget you will wait 3yrs for a harvest,and you need a pollinator plant as well.
Christ on an avocado,gosh guys,its pimple simple.
$4/for the green warty things here in nz,that's half the price if a good burger,I like them but 4 bux... Feck off retailers.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Grow a avocado tree,then you can grow a pair.
Don't forget you will wait 3yrs for a harvest,and you need a pollinator plant as well.
Christ on an avocado,gosh guys,its pimple simple.
$4/for the green warty things here in nz,that's half the price if a good burger,I like them but 4 bux... Feck off retailers.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

half of [ USA ] imprted vegatables come from mexico - err ok

while that sounds like a scary large number -how many tonnes is that / day - and what % of daily consumption does this represent ????????????????

TBH - i am actually surprised that the figure = only 50% - given that he sources of imports = mexico , canada , " various small carribean states " [ who do not have the capacity to supply a large sector of the USA - just niche markets . and after that - its a long and costly air or sea freight operation

but hey - svcary dependancy on mexico

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   

We grow them all over California,no telling where they get others,no problem here

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   

What about California?

That's right!

Funny you say that considering Avocado's produce the most greenhouse gases out of all fruit and vegetables. Still way better than meat or dairy though.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   
No Avocados... what will all the caras pálidas do for Cinco de Mayo now...

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Could not care I do not eat them and have people not heard of cargo ships pretty sure not all of the stuff coming from South comes by land.If

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Wife is pregnant. She needs her Avocados. Open the border!! I’m serious man...open the f’n birder!!

SHE NEEDS HER AVOCADOS!! I need her to have her avocados! PLEASE!! I’m begging you all!?! OPEN the g d border!

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

The great Fruit from South America conspiracy! Leads me to recall the "contracts" with S.A. to deliver unregulated fruits for food distribution in the off seasons that Mr. Obama put into place. This was on the heels of millions of acres of land that families like Bushes purchased during their time in power. Nothing is ever random it seems, but instead a well orchestrated and implemented plan...a conspiracy!

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

What about California?

That's right!

I already have one
Nice. It might save you during the solar minimum.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

What about California?

That's right!

Funny you say that considering Avocado's produce the most greenhouse gases out of all fruit and vegetables. Still way better than meat or dairy though.
www.bbc.co.uk...
Growing avocados will not change the climate in the Grand Solar Minimum. Way better than meat is a personal choice in my opinion. I’m
Not signing on to the dumb theory that cow flatulence is causing global warming. I’ll be waiting for Cory Booker to
Announce he’s giving up avocados for the planet.
By the way, my husband and I have avocados in our salad pretty often though not every day. I could live without them. Brown and Basmati rice is a good staple.
There’s no way I’m clicking on a link by bbc to see what carbon footprint I’m making by eating food. That is just ridiculous. It’s the sun by the way! Get ready for the Grand Solar Minimum.
edit on 2-4-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

We grow them all over California,no telling where they get others,no problem here

Almost all US avocado's are derived from California crops. Mexico provides very, very few avocados. At most, there will be a small price increase as the market contracts a bit when the marginal contributions from Mexico began to be felt.

This is a nonsense story meant to stoke small fear and manipulate opinions.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Well the trouble is that once we grow limes and other fruits domestically, we are faced with the problem of harvesting those products and getting them to market.

No surprise, most native born americans refuse to do such work. So.....

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
#Avacadopocalypse

#Avacadogeddon

You heard it here first, folks!

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I just ate an avocado.. grown in California. I may go have a peach in Georgia.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join