It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If border is closed no Avocados

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Have you seen this all over social media and the news.

Is this the worst that there is, no more avocado toast? Sure I like avocados as much as the next guy, but c'mon.
I actually had a friend post that this would cause a huge upset in her family! What? Avocados? How many avocados are
people eating these days?

www.theguardian.com...

Nearly half of all imported US vegetables and 40% of imported fruit are grown in Mexico, according to the latest data from the United States Department of Agriculture.

Maybe this is a great wake up call, We have a lot of land in the United States. We need to bring production back home. We can grow Avocados and limes here in our Southern states.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
How many avocados are people eating these days?

I eat 30 avocados a day, thank you very much. Maybe you should keep your thoughts to yourself.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
And then the Millennials rioted. The only thing more guaranteed to get them up in arms would be to shut off their cell phones.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Never liked the taste of them but I have seen lady's wear them like some form of face pack on occasion like many other foodstuff's.

My niece though loves them and used to love prawn avocado's thing's whatever you call them, mind you this probably would not affect us brit's anyway, in fact it may even drive down the price of Avocado's elsewhere and drive up the price on the US which for your home growers will be a boon but for your fans of genuine Mexican one's will definitely be something they will not like at all along with the higher price they shall then have to pay for them.

To be fair though all it really mean's is that your Avocado's will likely be flown in instead on cargo plane's - which will definitely pump the price up a little closer to what we pay over here in Europe but not as much.

In the end it will probably work to a handful of very capitalistic people's financial benefit and overall not really affect the growers that much though it is a great excuse for retailers to rip them off a bit more.

edit on 1-4-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Oh who gives a rat's ass about the hipsters and their infatuation with avocados? We're gonna rock on through to fresh Avocadoos... and the price will be slightly higher whoopity doo, people need to grow a pair, STFU, and acknowledge that border security trumps (pun intended) their current fad food.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Actually, this household is rather fond of our avocados, but we'd live without for a time if we had to. They were one of our son's favorite first foods.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Oh who gives a rat's ass about the hipsters and their infatuation with avocados? We're gonna rock on through to fresh Avocadoos... and the price will be slightly higher whoopity doo, people need to grow a pair, STFU, and acknowledge that border security trumps (pun intended) their current fad food.

Well it looks like they are all going to have to move to California... hmmmm

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker

I eat 30 avocados a day, thank you very much. Maybe you should keep your thoughts to yourself.

Your food bill is only dwarfed by the size of your waistband if that's accurate, then. An avocado has over 300 calories and 30 grams of fat apiece... 30 of them would have to looking like the offspring of a yo mamma joke and an Austin Powers villain.

link   

Well it looks like they are all going to have to move to California... hmmmm

...and the rest of the nation rejoiced.

link   

I lived in South America many years and people doesn't eat as much avocados as US. Time to switch to local options. Not a big deal.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Whaaaaat? No more guacamole? Who cares who they are or what they've done, no gauc is a deal breaker.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I lived in South America many years and people doesn't eat as much avocados as US. Time to switch to local options. Not a big deal.

Nobody eats as much of anything as the US. We are like eating machines, and when we like something we love it.
It is actually a little sick how much we eat.

I lived in Europe for a most of my childhood, when I came back to the US I was in culture shock with the food and portions.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Your food bill is only dwarfed by the size of your waistband if that's accurate, then. An avocado has over 300 calories and 30 grams of fat apiece... 30 of them would have to looking like the offspring of a yo mamma joke and an Austin Powers villain.

I'm 340 lbs, thank you very much. Maybe you should keep your thoughts to yourself, little guy.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

It's serious now. Give up your guns. Offer up your daughters for free. Just please don't take the avocados.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
What about California?

www.californiaavocado.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

oh yes please do. mine included. I hate needing it , even if it is only for my large stash of mp3s because my discman died. not kidding.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

We make it a point at home to only buy organic and at least 50% local . I pretty much check everything I buy, because I like to travel and nearly nothing I buy is not from the states. We grow EVERYTHING in this country. it's nice : ) we don't need them.

And guac is good but whatever.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Expect the hipster suicide rate to go up.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Border "check-points" are being shut down...with personnel re-allocated to higher-priority areas.

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

little guy.

I'm 6'4, 325... was 350 at the start of the year, but I'm on a cut at the gym right now, little guy.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join