It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Sissy sons a new school to teach masculinity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

This is such an interesting article.

“The boys’ crisis is something that has never been seen in human history,” concludes author Sun Yunxiao, a researcher at the government-funded China Youth & Children Research Center. “Our future largely depends on the success of rescuing our boys.”

As a mother to a son, I've been saying this for years. It is happening in our own country. Boys are simply not allowed to be boys anymore. They are punished for their nature. Now the same is happening to girls too.

I'll condense the article.
Due to the one child policy in China, many more boys were born than girls. Families treasured the boys and raised them as "little emperors". They have lost most of their masculine traits. There was a show on TV which had very effeminate singers which caused national outrage. Parents in
China now are sending their sons to a special club to re-train their masculinity.

We need to be honest and have this same discussion in the US, but it seems taboo. I'm sure anyone that has ever taught can tell you that boys are girls learn differently, especially in the early grades.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

See what happens when you go against nature? Making abnornal normal is...abnormal.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Good luck having that conversation in the US.

Idiot's think boys and girls are determined by feelings.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And we have China Syndrome. Thanks Tinder!

www.theglobeandmail.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Wait the the West's PC Police and SJW get over to China........They will make up for the surplus of Males by an increase in Transgendered people. All they have to do is have about 8.5% of the Male population identify as Female and it will solve the whole problem.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Bros r toxic.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.yahoo.com...

This is such an interesting article.

“The boys’ crisis is something that has never been seen in human history,” concludes author Sun Yunxiao, a researcher at the government-funded China Youth & Children Research Center. “Our future largely depends on the success of rescuing our boys.”

As a mother to a son, I've been saying this for years. It is happening in our own country. Boys are simply not allowed to be boys anymore. They are punished for their nature. Now the same is happening to girls too.

I'll condense the article.
Due to the one child policy in China, many more boys were born than girls. Families treasured the boys and raised them as "little emperors". They have lost most of their masculine traits. There was a show on TV which had very effeminate singers which caused national outrage. Parents in
China now are sending their sons to a special club to re-train their masculinity.

We need to be honest and have this same discussion in the US, but it seems taboo. I'm sure anyone that has ever taught can tell you that boys are girls learn differently, especially in the early grades.

Boys are simply not allowed to be boys anymore. They are punished for their nature. Now the same is happening to girls too
What exactly do you mean? oO

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Boys and girls are different. There was a link posted on one of my blogs the other day about how science is trying really hard to deny that there is a lot of neuroscience to underscore the differences between boys and girls.

Denying the Neuroscience of Sex Differences

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Suppose it depends on where you hail from but my wee lad is still allowed to be a little boy.

Problem with weans these days is trying to pry there mobile and Switch away from them long enough to get them outside playing in the sunlight.

Weans are still weans all the same, it just the world that's changed, the information age in which we live has a lot to answer for as well as a lot to be thankful for.

Such is the world in which we exist, then again whats not a double-edged sword these days?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Maybe one day people can screw themselves.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Omg nationalists, toxic masculinity and... bears!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I personally think it started with the plastic and oil getting into our food, but that's just a working theory. Breaks the brains development, or changes something with DNA development.

Twenty years ago, you could go to the store and there'd be little boys and little girls.
Now you go and they look the same. They have the same faces, the same haircuts, wear the same clothes, talk the same.
It's even getting more popular into teens- Thirteen to eighteen year old people who you simply can't guess their gender reliably.

I don't know how it worked its way into culture- maybe the culture somehow caused it...
Bizzare.

China knows their country will be hurting if the next generation grows up to be a bunch of pansies.
America never saw it coming, and once the boomers finish retiring it's going to get real messy.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

Boys are simply not allowed to be boys anymore. They are punished for their nature. Now the same is happening to girls too What exactly do you mean? oO

There are a lot of examples for boys. During their early years they have a ton of energy, they want to squirm and yell and be active. Schools hate that. Notice all the headlines of teachers taping children's mouths and stuff is almost always about boys. When I grew up boys were allowed to play with fake guns and knives and play cops and robbers. They were allowed to be active and jump around and play with dirt.

For girls I'll give you a perfect example. My daughter has long hair, VERY long beautiful feminine hair.
A week doesn't go by without someone telling her to cut it. Complete strangers have said she should donate it to cancer patients. Um.. she is kinda wearing it..

ToLordcomac

I personally think it started with the plastic and oil getting into our food, but that's just a working theory. Breaks the brains development, or changes something with DNA development.

Yes, there is a lot of science behind this. It is called estrogen dominance. It is directly related to plastics and toxins in our foods.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Try going back to the MetroSexual movement for the first big burst in pop culture of making men less manly and more feminine.

Now you have little girls who are being pushed to do more masculine things and boys being pushed to be more like we always thought of little girls. Meanwhile, you have the social engineering curriculum teaching everyone there are no "boys" and "girls" but a gender "spectrum" instead. What do you think happens? They start to cross over with help from the pop culture apparatus.

And, yes, my kid does occasionally put colored hair gel in his hair to spike it. He's wearing blue today in fact. Otherwise, he plays outside regularly and takes martial arts lessons and is in most respects a regular boy.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Boys and girls are different. There was a link posted on one of my blogs the other day about how science is trying really hard to deny that there is a lot of neuroscience to underscore the differences between boys and girls.

Denying the Neuroscience of Sex Differences

Wow what a good article!!
Love this part:

I have come to see clearly that the real problem is a deeply ingrained, implicit, very powerful yet 100 percent false assumption that if women and men are to be considered “equal,” they have to be “the same.” Conversely, the argument goes, if neuroscience shows that women and men are not the same on average, then it somehow shows that they are not equal on average.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

What would masculinity be good for in this day and age? If they grow up without developing it maybe it's a sign that's a trait they simply never needed.
Plastic in food and all the other poisons in food and water affects mostly organs like the brain. We are not fish, it doesn't make us androgynous.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I know. It's especially glaring considering serious medical research has to consider male and female bodies different in order for the research to be at all valid because of the radical different biologies ... but we have to completely assume that the differences that so affect the rest of the body somehow don't at all impact the brain.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Maybe masculinity is needed for mental health and stability? Look at the high, high rates of death either due to gang violence or due to suicide in young men.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

What would masculinity be good for in this day and age? If they grow up without developing it maybe it's a sign that's a trait they simply never needed.
Plastic in food and all the other poisons in food and water affects mostly organs like the brain. We are not fish, it doesn't make us androgynous.

What is masculinity good for in the animal kingdom? Survival of the fittest, reproduction.

No we aren't fish, but we also shouldn't be exposed to hormone changing chemicals.

universityhealthnews.com...

So what does estrogen do in males? The most common symptoms of high estrogen in men include these eight: Sexual dysfunction (low libido, decreased morning erections, decreased erectile function) Enlarged breasts Lower urinary tract symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)[2] Increased abdominal fat (can also be a symptom of low estrogen) Feeling tired Loss of muscle mass Emotional disturbances, especially depression Type 2 diabetes

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Peeple

Maybe masculinity is needed for mental health and stability? Look at the high, high rates of death either due to gang violence or due to suicide in young men.

See the article I quoted above.

Emotional disturbances, especially depression

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join