It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recommended Philosophy for peace of mind and enlightenment?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Neechavela

Here is Alan Watts speaking about non duality:

Non duality is not a religion or a theory.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   

There is only ever what is happening..... there is no you separate to this that actually is.

If there are thoughts happening.... there is no you doing thinking.... there are just thoughts aising.

The separate you that can do or act does not exist.

Where is anything other than what is happening?

Past and future are simply words happening presently.

All arises presently and subsides presently.

There is only what is.

edit on 4-4-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I have been extremely happy with Falun Dafa for a couple of decades. Although it may cover a lot of religious aspects, there is no worship or membership and all of the literature is on the falundafa.org site for free. It has definitely made my life more peaceful among other things...

I think you will have a hard time with rejecting any religious stuff, as even completely secular philosophies are actually covering religious aspects as they go deeper-- Taoism as an example. It is more that ordinary people generally start labeling them all religions if there is any kind of following.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

literally reject all advice given to you by anyone on this forum, especially the one who told you to ride a bicycle (that person obviously has some serious mental issues) ... go read Ayn Rand ... it's an atheist philosophy focused on the modern ... don't adopt some philosophy from 200AD that won't even make sense in today's world. And don't be a hippie.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Only the truth about reality will set you free.

Reality is one without a second..... it is nondual.

The truth about reality
is that its pure will
all of existence existing

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Respect life as you would want your loved ones and yours respected-

Take your time absorbing mystic and secret sciences for we are all test subjects when we begin to seek truth-

Try not to ever be judgmental upon others (this will save you a large amount of spirit energy and increase good health) for the TRUE judge can read within our consciousness as if telepathic to truly see and understand our intentions-

Try to emit LOVE within your primary consciousness regularly even if many around you seem to have given up on optimism and appear to resonate on more pessimistic negative vibrations within their soul energy frequency & consciousness (again don't judge them they just may need more time and or experience within simulated or controlled environments to mature their soul frequencies into a more mature level) as YOU resonate on Love you in a way scrub the pessimistic negative energy off of you and possibly may begin to naturally repel-reject said energy potentially increasing your social/mental/physical health/strength-

Keep it real with yourself 💪 as if you are constantly evaluating your personal progress with social interactions with others.

Are you a mean person or someone that gets along well with others you encounter?
Do you hate to see others doing well, even if you are not? Or do you genuinely like to see others doing well, even if you are still working on doing well yourself?

Hopefully you are not Neechavela, but if you are one of those species self hatred humans who internally are racist or bigoted and overall hateful inside against other humans but project on the outside a fake likable version or versions of yourself to please or satisfy your social political/religious agenda or interest, LOOK AT YOURSELF AS IF YOU ARE VIEWING YOURSELF WITH THE EYES OF YOUR CREATOR. Then think do I really like how I see myself and does THE who has given me conscious intelligence like what it has created
And if not be real and recognize there are changes that need made and make them (try to be the best you that you can be) why not

You will feel and become free of the hatred & ignorance network that has captured many of mankind by surprise. In essence you begin to Love your species and others outside your species more, further increasing your spiritual potential, frequency and possibly signal? as you show maturity within the herd-

Now "others" who may be perceived as more Angelic or Alien-Animal
clandestine/secret to most of the masses will begin to detect your different frequency amongst the herd Naturally (no gimmick or tricks or favorite picks based on ignorance) no they sense your maturity within your optimistic positive vibes or soul frequency within metaphysical boundaries and can sense/see the many around you who are resonating on lower pessimistic vibrations within their consciousness. This potentially may pull interest to your enlightened consciousness and spirit for CONTACT
w/ the unknown...

To 1 the process of enlightenment can/will connect you to the Universe(s) secrets, hence why you have to train your spirit energy to make connections. Otherwise you may be viewed as the ignorant part of the herd which may not bring forth the most favorable conditions in your future-

-Last, believe in yourself and Love yourself even if those you hoped did or do have not-

Stay blessed
NAMASTE*******

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
“Ignorance is never better than knowledge,” stated Laura Fermi, wife of the renowned physicist Enrico Fermi. Some may disagree, arguing that what you don’t know will never hurt you. For most, however, the observation holds true, not just in the field of scientific research but also in other areas of life. Ignorance, in the sense of being unaware of the truth, has left many people stumbling around in intellectual, moral, and spiritual darkness for centuries.​—Ephesians 4:17,18:

17 So this is what I say and bear witness to in the Lord, that you should no longer go on walking just as the nations also walk, in the futility* [Or “emptiness; vanity.”] of their minds. 18 They are in darkness mentally and alienated from the life that belongs to God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the insensitivity* [Lit., “dulling.”] of their hearts.

That is why thinking people search for enlightenment. They want to know why we are here and where we are going. Their search has led them down many different paths. Consider the following examples:

According to Buddhist tradition, Siddhārtha Gautama, the founder of Buddhism, was deeply disturbed by human suffering and death. He asked Hindu religious teachers to help him find “the way of truth.” Some recommended yoga and extreme self-denial. Gautama ultimately chose a process of intense personal meditation as the way to true enlightenment.

Others have used mind-altering drugs in their search for enlightenment. Today, for example, members of the Native American Church describe peyote​—a cactus that contains a hallucinogenic substance—​as a “revealer of hidden knowledge.”

Eighteenth-century French philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau believed that any sincere inquirer can receive a personal spiritual revelation from God. How? By listening to “what God says to the heart.” Then, how you feel about things​—what your emotions and conscience tell you—​will become “a more assured guide in this immense labyrinth of human opinions,” said Rousseau.​—History of Western Philosophy.

Many of Rousseau’s contemporaries vehemently disagreed with that kind of religious approach. Fellow Frenchman Voltaire, for example, felt that religion, far from enlightening people, had been the prime factor in plunging Europe into centuries of ignorance, superstition, and intolerance during the period that some historians call the Dark Ages.

Voltaire became part of a European rationalist movement known as the Enlightenment. Its followers returned to the ideas of the ancient Greeks​—namely, that human reason and scientific investigation are the keys to true enlightenment. Another member of the rationalist movement, Bernard de Fontenelle, felt that human reason on its own would lead mankind to “a century which will become more enlightened day by day, so that all previous centuries will be lost in darkness by comparison.”​—Encyclopædia Britannica.

These are just some of the many conflicting ideas about how to gain enlightenment. Is there really any “assured guide” that we can turn to in our search for truth? Consider what the following article has to say about the trustworthy source of enlightenment:

Finding True Enlightenment

Ephesians 4:14:

So we should no longer be children, tossed about as by waves and carried here and there by every wind of teaching by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in deceptive schemes.

Ecclesiastes 12:12:

As for anything besides these, my son, be warned: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh.

Some people today are like sponges; they soak up whatever they come across. It is all too easy to absorb whatever is around us. A completely open mind could be likened to a pipe that lets just anything flow through it—even sewage. Do you want your mind to be contaminated with poison like that?

It is far better for each individual personally to choose wisely what he will feed his mind. It is said that we are what we eat, and this can apply to food for both the body and the mind. No matter what you are reading or watching or listening to, test to see whether it is truthful/right/correct (an accurate description of the reality of the matter, and not merely the promotion of an idea/philosophy to get some attention and/or admiration, or to entertain or intrigue people for increased attention and the resulting revenue or personal benefits from getting that attention and/or admiration) or not (i.e. wrong/incorrect). How?

By training your perceptive powers (part of your thinking ability) to distinguish both right and wrong by using them a lot. Hebrews 5:13,14:

For everyone who continues to feed on milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is a young child. 14 But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their powers of discernment* [Or “their perceptive powers.”] trained to distinguish both right and wrong.

Discernment is “acuteness of judgment.” It is “the power or faculty of the mind by which it distinguishes one thing from another.” A person with discernment perceives subtleties of ideas or things and has good judgment.

Using discernment, we will be able to recognize those who are merely using “smooth talk and complimentary speech” in order to “seduce the hearts of guileless ones.” (Romans 16:18) Discernment enables you to discard irrelevant information or misleading facts and distinguish the substance of a matter.

For more tips, see the article in my signature.
edit on 18-4-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   

A few weeks and months past YouTube was linking me all kinds of such things. You know Alan watts Jordan Peterson, zen proverbs, and everything else it seemed. and yes Buddha, and even though you said no major religion. But pretty much the above that I mentioned is not nothing new that Buddha has not said before.

Didn't do squat for me. In fact made things worse if anything, been a freaking strange few months in my life, and that says a lot considering all the strange things that happened before, this one is still ongoing and still just a killing me slowly. In all there is no such thing as enlightenment, or that thing that you just go ah! and it makes everything better.

And in fact, enlightenment is not fun, because enlightenment involves no ignorance. And without the build up to condition yourself to it all, to inoculate yourself to it all, it will totally suck.

I would say your better off getting a hobby that lets off stress like biking or hiking or building a birdhouse, or anything really that is not detrimental, is fun, and keeps you occupied and moving on.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: EraTera2

literally reject all advice given to you by anyone on this forum, especially the one who told you to ride a bicycle (that person obviously has some serious mental issues) ... go read Ayn Rand ... it's an atheist philosophy focused on the modern ... don't adopt some philosophy from 200AD that won't even make sense in today's world. And don't be a hippie.

What kind of mental issues do I have. Then we can discuss yours!

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EraTera2

Whats wrong with riding a bicycle? Riding a bicycle for a few miles, has likely cleared more heads then a dozen philosophy books on how to clear you head has or will.

Also Ayn Rand and her works are overly pretentious drivel, for overly pretentious people. And hippies? Well there all on wall street now a days. The cycle of life goes on, as they have matured from what they were fighting against, to being exactly what they were fighting against.

In the end, its whatever floats peoples boats.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
As an aethist do you also rule out that our universe/nature potentially has a force of its own. If so, you might not be an aethisit at all, but refuse to accept the labels that most religions attribute to that force. Clearly if God exists we are highly unlikely to know such a being with our feeble minds. So religions grasp at concepts. Instead of trying attain unity with that force.

Hinduism has many Gods. But those Gods are just faces that it assigns to the varying forces of nature. Buddhism is not interested in Gods, its moreso philosophy of self discovery.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neechavela
The primary goal is to quiet the constant brain chatter. The meditation recommendations seem well enough that I’ll give them a go.

Here is a lady that wants a quiet mind and Catherine Ingram tells her that it is almost impossible to quiet the mind..... but says instead of trying to quiet the mind..... notice the quiet that contains the mind.

The vid is less than 5 minutes.
edit on 11-4-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join