It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Coke vs. American Coke

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
He middle east stuff is so sweet that its undrinkable for me. Coke has a diff formula in each region based on tste. Im a Dr. pepper guy myself.

The best used to be Dublin Dr. Pepper. It was a plant in Texas that still used cane sugar.

I could drink about 3 of those a year. Most sodas are just too sweet for me. If a company made a cola or Dr Pepper with about half the sugar I may like it more.

As it stands my favorite soda is beer.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You can also get mad scientist mode and skip the soda stream by using dry ice.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Ahhh, Beer. Man I love beer so much, but I think it triggered my gout. It's so embarrassing to tell peeps that when one is only 51, but there ya go.

I could live on hops and barley though!

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
You can also get mad scientist mode and skip the soda stream by using dry ice.

How would I preserve my severed heads if I wasted dry ice on junk food beverages?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm not sure...

I've always been an eat em' while they're fresh guy myself. It always imparts a good memory in me for each one so that they're preserved through my nice thoughts.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Every time we went to Mexico, my ex would drink nothing but Coke while there. He said it was just different than Coke back home, sweeter and had more of a "kick." I could never really tell the difference but he swore by it.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Created with the finest city water you can get in Mexico City.

As long as it isnt the common stuff from the tap. I'm quite sure that there are people with money in Mexico City, who want clean water and have it shipped in. The "finest" water you can get in Mexico City is probably not much different than the "finest" water you can get in most American towns. A filtration technique will work the same, even in different countries. Coke is one of the most protected brands there is, and I doubt they set up a factory in Mexico without having good water supply sorted out ahead of time.

You're just like, being prejudice or something

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Can I get an order in for a couple dozen molasses cookies?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Every time we went to Mexico, my ex would drink nothing but Coke while there. He said it was just different than Coke back home, sweeter and had more of a "kick." I could never really tell the difference but he swore by it.

I think it is way less sweet, significantly less. Maybe it's just because it's a different kind of sweet.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I can certainly remember when Coke in the USA was made with cane sugar (it's still pretty much made with real sugar everywhere but in the USA). But in the USA coke was made with real sugar before "New Coke". After they brought back "Coke Classic" it actually wasn't Coke Classic at all as now it featured high fructose corn syrup. Yick.

Now there's an old conspiracy! Was "New Coke" just a ploy to bring back "Coke Classic" and revitalize the brand? I remember this conspiracy of yesteryear as it unfolded in real time. One of my favorite "corporate conspiracies" I lived through. Was that conspiracy solved and I just wasn't paying attention?

But really, 'New Coke'... yuck. It tasted like budget Pepsi.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I'm real partial to Boylan's sodas (cane sugar, FTW) The Birch Beer in particular is my weakness. Not quite sure what, but the flavor reminds me very strongly of something from my childhood that I just cannot put my finger on.

We also ripped through a 12-pack of Bundaberg Ginger Beer this week. Hands down, this Aussie stuff makes American ginger ales taste like total crap. Yeah, it costs more, but you get what you pay for -- even the KIDS begged us to buy it from now. They love ginger ale soda, but this stuff was so awesome they actually pleaded us to switch over.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Coke always taste better in glass bottles, but no Mexican Coke for me. I've heard horror stories about the water in Mexico. I once saw a docu or something about the industry south of the border.

With that said, i'm a Mtn Dew addict, so i guess i picked my poison.

Like the stories we hear in Canada about the sewer water California uses to irrigate its field crops then ships all over the place.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I have never baked molasses cookies,I would have to find
a recipe for them.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I don't know about Mexican Coke, but I sure do remember standing in front of one of the old Coke machines (you know, the ones with the vertical glass door on the side where you pulled the Coke bottle out of) as a kid, after running around on a hot summer day, spending my only quarter, to get that icy cold Coke. I can remember thinking if I had a whole pocket full of quarters I'd drink every single Coke in that machine! (but I didn't, so just the one had to do) It was sooo good!

(remember how the bottles always used to be all scratched up and worn?)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I'm talking about soda.

Uh huh, sure you are.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Mexican Coke is awesome every once in awhile my local Key Foods carries it and although
its quite expensive I will always pick up a few glass bottle 6 packs filled with this deliciousness, my guilty pleasure . It is the only soda I will drink .
If you are into cooking Pork Shoulder for Carnitas or Pernil or a Ham for Easter use this in your pan for cooking liquid and basting sauce ...the bomb! Nothing compares to real cane sugar!

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

They also need to put the coc aine back in there

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

As long as it isnt the common stuff from the tap. I'm quite sure that there are people with money in Mexico City, who want clean water and have it shipped in. The "finest" water you can get in Mexico City is probably not much different than the "finest" water you can get in most American towns. A filtration technique will work the same, even in different countries. Coke is one of the most protected brands there is, and I doubt they set up a factory in Mexico without having good water supply sorted out ahead of time.

You're just like, being prejudice or something

Bottled water in Mexico is one of the biggest businesses around. No one except the most poor would drink tap water, and only as a last recourse. Drinking tap water in Mexico? Better drink a glass of bleach LOL

Coke in Mexico is extremely tasty for sure
I could not give it up ever, specially the glass ones

I've seen in Amazon a 24 pack of the 12 ounces bottles, at about 53 dollars.. In Mexico the same pack would cost about 12 dollars or so :0

edit on 5-4-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I dont' drink much soda but when I do I buy the Mexican coca cola! It doesn't have HFCS! It has real sugar. It tastes so much better. I do buy anything that has HFCS or dyes. It's amazing how much food has those ingredients esp HFCS which is terrible for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join