It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Coke vs. American Coke

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'm talking about soda.

It's my guilty pleasure. I love soda, always have.

Lately i've been getting cans of coke and i've noticed the taste is off. Maybe they are old or got heated. Who knows.
What I know is that they taste different. I've been drinking coke for at least 35 years. For all the health nuts, I know that sounds terrible, and luckily I have not had an ill effects of my soda drinking. I'd be willing to bet I have better health numbers than 98% of people I know.

anywhoo...I recently got a case of Mexican coke from Costco....

There is no comparison. This stuff is amazing. It is strong, and to my surprise much less sweet than American coke. I really think soda is meant to be in glass bottles, and made with real sugar.
Corn syrup has pretty much ruined everything. It's expensive, but is is worth it. I'd rather drink one Mexican coke, then 10 American cokes.
That says a lot. It kinda made me sad too. I remember when American coke used to taste like Mexican coke. We need to go back to the old ways with some things.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
I agree with the glass bottles and real sugar. My weakness is Wild Cherry Pepsi. I will only drink it out of glass.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Ruh-oh, border shutdown imminent, no south of the border Coke for you.

Maybe we can import Canadian Coke, they have poutine and maple syrup flavors.

edit on 1-4-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I agree with the glass bottles and real sugar. My weakness is Wild Cherry Pepsi. I will only drink it out of glass.

I love Cherry Coke, but I think Cherry Pepsi tastes a little like cough syrup? Maybe in the bottle it tastes different?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Created with the finest city water you can get in Mexico City.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Created with the finest city water you can get in Mexico City.

Coke always taste better in glass bottles, but no Mexican Coke for me. I've heard horror stories about the water in Mexico. I once saw a docu or something about the industry south of the border.

With that said, i'm a Mtn Dew addict, so i guess i picked my poison.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
He middle east stuff is so sweet that its undrinkable for me. Coke has a diff formula in each region based on tste. Im a Dr. pepper guy myself.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Coca Cola licenses companies worldwide to bottle their product. They ship it in concentrate form and the bottling company adds water to it and puts it in a container. The only difference I can see is the water leading to a difference in taste.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Same with Dr Pepper from north Texas, real cane sugar, no gross after taste

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The Mexican coke with real sugar is definitely better. We used to have a local bottling company that made Coke in glass bottles here, it was really good, lots more syrup in it than the regular coke they sell in stores. So Coke cut them off, they could no longer make coke products unless they made them identical to the coke in the cans, that would have taken a lot of investment, and actually, their products would not have been anything that locals would have went out of their way to buy. We used to order six cases at a time, it was a hundred miles to the bottling company distribution center one way and sixty the other way so we bought lots of their coke products when we went there, Their orange and rootbeer were great too, lots more syrup in their products. All good things come to an end though, I have been mad at the Coke company for shutting them down for years. The Mexican coke is not as good as the coke they were selling from that bottling company.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
Coca Cola licenses companies worldwide to bottle their product. They ship it in concentrate form and the bottling company adds water to it and puts it in a container. The only difference I can see is the water leading to a difference in taste.

Mexican coke sold to the US is made with cane sugar vs corn syrup.
The rest of the "recipe" is probably the same, and of course water also.
The taste is significantly different. Although I prefer glass bottles, I'm pretty sure Mexican coke would taste good even in a can.

I'm also not too worried about the water. These huge companies have ways of getting the best water wherever they are. That could be a whole other post.
They aren't using the tap like normal residents are.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I, at one time, contemplated manufacturing soda syrups to be poured into your own bottle of seltzer (carbonated) water. Making and selling little bottles of syrup measured for a 20 oz bottle. Would have stuck to cherry, orange, lemon-lime, etc. flavors and left cola out of it as well as caffeine (maybe).

Decided that not only would it be too expensive compared to ready made for the consumer but would have problems with people drinking it straight.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I tell my kids they missed out on all the good stuff.

Remember when Mcdonald's used to cook their fries in beef tallow?
They deep fried their apple pies too. Pretty much everything went downhill after they got rid of those two things.
That was a time when fast food was a real treat. We would maybe go once every two or three months!

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I, at one time, contemplated manufacturing soda syrups to be poured into your own bottle of seltzer (carbonated) water. Making and selling little bottles of syrup measured for a 20 oz bottle. Would have stuck to cherry, orange, lemon-lime, etc. flavors and left cola out of it as well as caffeine (maybe).

Decided that not only would it be too expensive compared to ready made for the consumer but would have problems with people drinking it straight.

And then Soda Stream came along, should have went with your gut.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Have you tried sodastream. That sounds like a similar concept, except they supply the carbonation too.
I liked the orange flavor but the other ones were a little off.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

ANYTHING with high fructose corn syrup is very bad for you!
My home baked cookies are much better for you than store
bought.I have eaten way too many store bought cookies this
past winter.I baked a batch of oatmeal cookies and they were
more filling.I would eat 2 of them and be satisfied,store bought,
like eating potato chips.
Mexican cokes have real cane sugar in their bottles.American
cokes have high fructose corn syrup in theirs.I have read the
labels on both products in the store.I don't drink soda pop and
haven't for a long time.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: rickymouse

I tell my kids they missed out on all the good stuff.

Remember when Mcdonald's used to cook their fries in beef tallow?
They deep fried their apple pies too. Pretty much everything went downhill after they got rid of those two things.
That was a time when fast food was a real treat. We would maybe go once every two or three months!

I have been trying to find pure tallow shortening, but nobody around here carries it, we get the regular mixed mostly animal based shortening with a little vegetable shortening mixed in, it is decent. but not nearly as great as the pure beef tallow shortening is. It is expensive as hell but It sure makes good crust, I am not fond of using regular lard, it gives me heartburn.

Now, I am off to search the net for some beef shortening. You got me all fired up to do a search again. It is not cheap.

I remember the old soda fountains with the extra syrup from the owners boosting it. We used to buy gallons of the Coke syrup at the local store when I was a kid, it was a decent cough medicine and we used it to make ice cream drinks. Those days are gone.
edit on 1-4-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Enjoy at your own risk

Ayudame!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1-4-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The real pain is anyone can make it. Fresh fruit juice, sugar and water. Boil down until it is concentrated into syrup. Pretty much the same process as turning maple sap into syrup. You can even find recipes online.

And this was way after soda stream. What makes their flavors off is chemical additives for flavors, preservation and sugar substitutions.

Truth be told, if I am going to go through effort to make a drink at home from fresh fruit, I would do apple or pear cider. If some of it happens to end up in a carboy with some selected yeast and become hard cider then that is okay too. But be careful not to leave it outside in the winter and have to remove the ice that forms. Because that is called freeze distillation, same trick used in ice beers, and is absolutely illegal to do in the entire world except New Zealand. Besides who would want to drink Applejack, lemon or lime juice and grenadine in an 8:2:1 ratio? Jack Rose is a very old and hard to find cocktail, although might technically be a sling especially if you up the grenadine to something like 3:1:1 ratio.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Mexican Coke is my drug of choice.

The only thing I like better (but haven't been able to find locally) is Spezi which I discovered while living in Munich during the 80's. It is basically Coke with orange soda (Fanta) made by the Paulaner brewing company. I've formulated my own modified version using Coke & Lemonade, I know, sounds weird, but it's great! Another favorite cola beverage is the "Chocolate Coke", just a regular coke with chocolate syrup stirred in.

Make your own lemon Spezi
edit on 412019 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join