It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All caps in forum titles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
How come people don't know that this is reserved for the admins here!? Every time anyone says this to someone, it's always, "they didn't know", or they don't "believe" it.....I don't get it...

ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette

General Hints and Tips

4) Most of all, do not use ALL CAPS in posts and thread titles.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The answer is plain to see, that few would know about a body of information called "ABOUT ATS" and its connection with netiquette, or that it offers general hints and tips of which sub-clause 4 concerns the issue at hand; and fewer still would read any of that.

Posting is an automatic privilege of registration and no training, intellect or accomplishment are required for that.

[edit on 1-3-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
The answer is plain to see, that few would know about a body of information called "ABOUT ATS" and its connection with netiquette, or that it offers general hints and tips of which sub-clause 4 concerns the issue at hand; and fewer still would read any of that.

Well...they should read it, many of us "do" know about it, so we obviously read it!

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Lady V its done all the time by those who refuse to read the rules and i agree its agravating.

They should at least get a warning.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Well...they should read it, many of us "do" know about it, so we obviously read it!

Ahh...you have many pet peeves.

I've personally never read the ToS, nor any of the general "hints and tips" stuff, but I have common sense and tend to try and not to be rude in public places (this is essentially a public place). I've never been warned and I think I've had one thread moved (and that was an accident). However, many people don't have common sense - and simply don't give a damn. The internet is the land of anonymous unaccountablity.

As in life there's going to be those rude assholes standing at the bar screaming "woooo" at the top of their lungs. Credibility or dignity be damned.

Ah well.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Personally I think they should be disembowelled with a spoon, have a red hot poker stuffed up their posteriors and end up getting sacrificed to Cthulhu.

But thats just my opinion

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Or...whoever runs the forum, could code it so you can't have 'ALL CAPS' in a title? That might be easier...or even make it so it can't be posted, if everything's in 'CAPS'.

-shrugs- Just my thoughts on that.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Originally posted by dgtempe

Personally I think they should be disembowelled with a spoon, have a red hot poker stuffed up their posteriors and end up getting sacrificed to Cthulhu.

DaMn PiSkY! You should be called Pisky the phierce pipin' hot poopy hole piercer with the phiry hot pole of phear

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Daummmmmm Pisk...your worse than I am!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yeah, rules are rules and you gotta follow em. However, I just don't see why people get so worked up about the all-caps thing. Not just here but on any site. It's really not that big a deal is it? Other more meaningful things you could worry about perhaps? And who made the rule that all-caps means you're shouting - that is some dumb-sheet IMO.

I think it's absurd when people post something interesting and the first 5 responses blast them for using all caps! Find something else will ya! Leave it to the mods to figure out. Geeeeeshh

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partyof1

Yeah, rules are rules and you gotta follow em. However, I just don't see why people get so worked up about the all-caps thing.

Yes it is a big deal. On the internet you can not see facial expression nor hear voice inflection, therefore, there are certain "rules" for lack of a better word at the moment, that have become standard...all caps means you are yelling or screaming.....that's the way it is in the bulletin board world! Here at ATS they have chosen to use all caps for important information from the Administrators of this site...alerts, things that must be noticed and therefore, yes it is a big deal. If the admins didn't think it was, they wouldn't of made the rules.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Yeah, rules are rules and you gotta follow em. However, I just don't see why people get so worked up about the all-caps thing.

Yes it is a big deal. On the internet you can not see facial expression nor hear voice inflection, therefore, there are certain "rules" for lack of a better word at the moment, that have become standard...all caps means you are yelling or screaming.....that's the way it is in the bulletin board world! Here at ATS they have chosen to use all caps for important information from the Administrators of this site...alerts, things that must be noticed and therefore, yes it is a big deal. If the admins didn't think it was, they wouldn't of made the rules.

Yeah, LadyV I have come to agree with you, I can scream and yell like this

Dude She Is Right, Listen To Her!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hey, I hear ya LadyV - like I said, rules are rules and they must be followed. Just statin my personal thoughts on the matter overall. Guess I got bigger fish to fry. No worries - I won't be yellin anyways!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Hey, I hear ya LadyV - No worries - I won't be yellin anyways!

Good When the "V" talks...you listen ya hear me!?

You do know I am just kidding right!?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Good When the "V" talks...you listen ya hear me!?

Loud And Clear

Is that ok LadyV hehe

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS

Loud And Clear

Is that ok LadyV hehe

Welllllll, at least it's not in all caps

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Lady V, I agree with ya.

[Off Topic]

My personal favorite is when people type one continuous paragraph.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
ALL CAPS = warning...

thats it...

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon
Lady V, I agree with ya.

[Off Topic]

My personal favorite is when people type one continuous paragraph.

And the same theory, idea, topic over and over, and over and over

SMR

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Might want to use the search function.This has been discussed before

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Above is just a stab at LadyV

On topic,maybe,as said above,there is a hack to add to the board that will not allow cpas in titles.
Many know this,but do you really think that everyone reads the rules,how-to's and whatnot?Im willing to bet that 60% if not more do not.They are just excited and ready to post their topics.Mostly wanting to get viewers attention by doing so.

Maybe send a mass U2U with a simple DONT USE CAPS IN TOPIC TITLES! PERIOD! Then a link to the rule.This will get them to read the rules as well maybe

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join