It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sword-wielder in ‘MAGA’ hat slashes man outside SF roller rink, police say

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

People who self identify, and self corral into a group are probably lost and dont have the virtue they believe they have.

So those folks who buy into tribalism are probably not very tolerant. They have a tribe to defend at all costs.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So you believe that a minor physical altercation should be met with lethal force?

If someone spits on me should I have the right to shoot them dead?

By the way, we already know the perp was being verbally proactive before the attack.

If you went to a bar and someone started calling your wife/girlfirend/etc a slut/whore/bitch/etc, would you not punch that person in the face?

It wouldn't be wise. If you want to be protected you probably want to hurl some insults back to get them to swing first.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

How is that possible when a witness said the victim was trading verbal insults with the hat wearer?

They learned that the victim, whose name was not released, had been approached by another man, who was wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat, and the two got into a verbal dispute, he said.

Those two stories do not add up at all.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Yes trump supporters are as brainwashed and misled as ANTIFA folks. In fact anyone who worships politicians to the point of wearing their brand around when elections are not within a couple months have probably been brainwashed and are not entirely stable.

I would disagree. The majority of Trump supporters are able to intelligently articulate why they support policies, and general principles, as they relate to things like the economy, the constitution, foreign policy, immigration, etc.

If never heard anything intelligent come out of an antifa spokespersons mouth.

Checkmate

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Which it appears both "attacker" and "victim" suffer from. This is why I do not identify as D or R and only as an American, that's the only tribe I am interested in protecting.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I'm not saying that the mainstream Left is perfect. They have clearly shown they just use minorities to get votes. But they also don't go out and shout homophobic slurs on the street corner. They keep that stuff for the privacy of their own home.

Also, it should be noted, that Boston is a weird place. One only needs to try to drive those streets to see that. It's technically liberal and yet there's still this hardcore Irish Catholic belief that permeates the city.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
So the so called victim actually is the perpetrator and deserved what he got. AHHH the police just didn't realize they had any Trump supporters in the area so they have to make him pay.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Another customer at the rink:

Church of 8 Wheels customer Scott Sweeney said the man brandished a sword at him and his girlfriend outside the rink shortly before the attack, KRON reported. Sweeney said the man shouted homophobic slurs.

Yeah...it doesn't make sense. They say he is yelling homophobic slurs but no one is saying it what context.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: luthier
Yes trump supporters are as brainwashed and misled as ANTIFA folks. In fact anyone who worships politicians to the point of wearing their brand around when elections are not within a couple months have probably been brainwashed and are not entirely stable.

I would disagree. The majority of Trump supporters are able to intelligently articulate why they support policies, and general principles, as they relate to things like the economy, the constitution, foreign policy, immigration, etc.

If never heard anything intelligent come out of an antifa spokespersons mouth.

Checkmate

That would be entirely subjective. What is not subject are the bad things politicians do like expand bulk data collection and trample on the constitution.

Now if you observe trump policy ideas you would understand he is exactly the same as the last few presidents.

Some people think words equal action.

And no I have never heard a trump supporter articulate actual policy ideas that work and are a continuation of the enlightenment movement that founded the country.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Exactly. But you can't be for America with people like obama or trump who legislate for a small fraction of Americans.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

What do you think the chances are trump has read John Locke?

I would say zero.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I am not for any one person. I don't like Trump but I do like many of his policies, fixing immigration, bringing attention to trade problems with China.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Even if he purposely knocked the hat off(which certain reports don't support) it doesn't justify the use of a sword.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I live in Charleston SC now, very much liberal area in a Red State, I hear non stop homophobic slurs here too.

It is not that it is not said in the streets, it's that the media refuses to report it because of their agenda.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

That reminds me of something entertaining I saw the other week. People were attributing Locke quotes to AOC and the "libertarians" were raging about how dumb she was.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I agree, I am able to say both of them are at fault. It's possible he thought he was being punched, I don't know. If he did not think he was being attacked he is definitely in the wrong, however the "victim" is not blameless.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

AOC could never ever come up with anything intelligent, so they should have seen right away those could not be her quotes. There are people who just sound stupid, and it's not necessarily an indication of their intelligence, she just sounds stupid.
edit on 1-4-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I mean bringing up problems doesn't mean you can fix them.

Take his immigration ideas. Utterly useless in helping the situation.

The barriers are not going to do anything but slow the mass immigration slightly.

Fixing a Visa program to allow the labor to work on a seasonal or temporary basis and developing central America instead of the middle east is the only way to actually solve the issue.

If there is a huge black market for labor and no one who wants to work in those fields labor will be smuggled in.

The great wall of China didn't stop smugglers ot stopped armies from advancing quickly. Small groups had no problem getting over the wall.
edit on 1-4-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

If you think Trump's policies are the same as Obama's, or even Bush Jr's for that matter, you are mistaken.

His policies on everything from the economy, to trade deals, to judicial appointments, to the ridiculous Paris Accord, to his foreign policies, are nothing like the previous guy's.

Your statement is a big fail, IMO.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Almost four pages in and not a single person condemning the sword wielder. If the perp was tied to any group other than Cult45 this site would be in a tizzy how no one had spoken out against him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join