It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aurora Aksnes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   
At first i thought she was weird and did not like it much, but then i listened again just to give her a chance. Somehow i am now trapped into this and i even have dreams where her music plays in a beautiful background soundtrack...

This is is a pixie from who knows where LOL, but she's has something that touched my soul in ways i hate to admit

edit on 1-4-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
awesome, thanks for bringing her to my attention. Norway does a good job at creating epic musicians. I'm a total metal head, but I'm also an incompetent musician, always striving to get the music from my head and heart to come out of my fingers and voice, to no avail. So when I see/hear someone like Aurora who has that complete connection to the soul of music I am forced to put the metal on pause and appreciate. I'm now like six songs deep. ,,/

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I thank you as well for bringing this to our attention! Just beautiful!

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   

As i was looking through her songs i found this other rendition of the song posted on my OP

I find this one magical in a very different way
I just love it. I have realized i became a fan some days ago

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntdogg
awesome, thanks for bringing her to my attention. Norway does a good job at creating epic musicians. I'm a total metal head, but I'm also an incompetent musician, always striving to get the music from my head and heart to come out of my fingers and voice, to no avail. So when I see/hear someone like Aurora who has that complete connection to the soul of music I am forced to put the metal on pause and appreciate. I'm now like six songs deep. ,,/

I'm not a metal head but i have friends who are
I think being able to share and like other music than your roots is how you get to actually become wiser. Thanks for your reply

I also find this one very cool, i read she wrote it when she was 12 so it kind of explain some of the lyrics

edit on 4-4-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I thank you as well for bringing this to our attention! Just beautiful!

Thank you, hope you like it as much as i did

I posted a couple other songs from her, hope you like them as well, i find her very interesting and professional. She looks like a kid but she's not, it's like she has some very deep stuff inside i don't know how to describe lol

Anyways i think she's great, glad you liked it

edit on 4-4-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   
What a lovely contribution đź‘Ť

I thought that was very wise and mature when you said that about exploring music different than your roots. I feel the exact same way. In fact, I think that is the definition of growing. We have to leave the nest, or comfort zone, we have "grown" accustomed to!

Maybe some of us crave new experiences more than others. But somehow, it still gets to me, when I meet someone who is older, has had decades to experience what life has to offer, and they literally Hate all music EXCEPT their chosen genre. Its like it hurts their brain to try listening to something besides rap, or country, or metal (those are the 3 genres with the most obsessive fans I think. I mean loyal... Most loyal fans. Thats what I uh, *belch* said. If you disagree, you're just remembering it wrong. Due to your obsessive compulsions, no doubt... lol)

Obviously I'm not talking about burntdog, who happily jumped into this world of music without hesitation! That is the mark of an enlightened, awakened mind.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Yea, she's an angelic diamond. I came across her a few years ago.
Wow! Amazing Live!

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Wow, thanks Malisa for sharing this with us, the girl is simply mesmerizing!
Like the previous poster I am also a lifelong metal head but that's more what I prefer for performing, for listening I am alot more ambiguous, for example when I was 16 my 2 favorite bands were Megadeth and The Cure! Lol.
Aurora though is just fascinating, I love music that's unpredictable and otherworldly, like its taking you on a ride through the never never.
Plus her movements, so fluid echoing her vocals, such purity is rare.
And I love her hair! I'm imagining a collaboration with Aurora and Yolande Visser, what a sublime pair they'd be!

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Osirisvset
Wow, thanks Malisa for sharing this with us, the girl is simply mesmerizing!
Like the previous poster I am also a lifelong metal head but that's more what I prefer for performing, for listening I am alot more ambiguous, for example when I was 16 my 2 favorite bands were Megadeth and The Cure! Lol.
Aurora though is just fascinating, I love music that's unpredictable and otherworldly, like its taking you on a ride through the never never.
Plus her movements, so fluid echoing her vocals, such purity is rare.
And I love her hair! I'm imagining a collaboration with Aurora and Yolande Visser, what a sublime pair they'd be!

Isn't she great? : )

I also love this cover and the one from The Beatles, honestly when i first listened to her i thought she was weird and boring but i was very wrong he he : )

: D

top topics

join