It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNPLANNED-Abby Johnson Interview

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

That's the way it's supposed to be.

It is not...

The law removed forced life support of an inviable fetus, which prolongs the suffering of newborn abortion survivors that are diseased and/or deformed to such a degree that they are incompatible with life, and leaves the decision up to the physician and the parents. As it should be. People take their loved on off of life support all the time. Both my grandparents had DNRs and the hospitals let them die, even assisted their deaths with lethal morphine drips.

False... There were already laws in place that deal with "inviable human fetus." Not to mention the fact that there are many children which were thought by doctors that their life was "inviable" and when they were born they were fine.

Not to mention the fact that children which have been born with for example down syndrome can and do have a good life. Several of them have spoken about being glad to being alive.

What this law does is to allow abortion for ANY reason, even if the child is completely healthy, up to the same day the baby is due, and when the baby survives the abortion and is born alive now the "deathcare professional" can leave the child alone to die and it's completely legal...

edit on 3-4-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Well, since you brought up "faith"...the Bible is also on my side, as it endorses free will and abortion.

You are wrong about the bible, but there was another person who thought exactly how you think...

Sparta must be regarded as the first völkisch state. The exposure of the sick, weak, deformed children, in short, their destruction, was more decent and in truth a thousand times more human than the wretched insanity of our day which preserves the most pathological subject. Adolf Hitler

www.goodreads.com...

Even your idol, Margaret Sanger, made it clear why she wanted abortions.

The Birth Control Review frequently highlighted the mission of its parent organization: “The American Birth Control League. Its Aim: To promote eugenic birth selection throughout the United States so that there may be more well‑born and fewer ill‑born children ― a stronger, healthier and more intelligent race.”[iii] Sanger neatly summarized the intimate relationship between the eugenics and birth control movements:

Before eugenists and others who are laboring for racial betterment can succeed, they must first clear the way for Birth Control. Like the advocates of Birth Control, the eugenists, for instance, are seeking to assist the race toward the elimination of the unfit. … Birth control of itself, by freeing the reproductive instinct from its present chains, will make a better race … Eugenics without birth control seems to us a house built upon the sands. It is at the mercy of the rising stream of the unfit.[iv]

www.hli.org...

The above was written by Sanger "[vii] Margaret Sanger. “Birth Control and Women’s Health.” Birth Control Review, Volume I, Number 12 (December 1917), page 7."

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

a poster earlier mentioned eugenics......
eugenics was a BIG thing way back when and both sides had their finger in the PIE...republicans were the MAIN proponents of eugencic sterilization ...20 out of 32 governors who signed the eugenics sterilization bill into law were REPUBLICANS
edit on 3-4-2019 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

What this law does is to allow abortion for ANY reason, even if the child is completely healthy, up to the same day the baby is due

No it doesn't.

and when the baby survives the abortion and is born alive now the "deathcare professional" can leave the child alone to die and it's completely legal...

How to deal with severely deformed and/or diseased newborns that survived a failed abortion is determined state by state. There is no federal standard. Many of these abortions were done to prevent the distressed fetus from suffering during the birth process and afterwards, so allowing the parent's consent is important, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

a poster earlier mentioned eugenics......
eugenics was a BIG thing way back when and both sides had their finger in the PIE...republicans were the MAIN proponents of eugencic sterilization ...20 out of 32 governors who signed the eugenics sterilization bill into law were REPUBLICANS

Care to give direct evidence for these claims? After all, it was progressives who were in favor of these programs.

The Progressive Ideas That Fueled America’s Eugenics Movement

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

No it doesn't.

Then post the exception that would not allow this to happen to perfectly healthy babies.

Not to mention...

There have been many cases already in which babies that survived abortions were simply left to die.

And here is one of the people those like you claim shouldn't live.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

You're criticizing a current law, and claiming that doctors are killing newborns and aborting perfectly healthy and viable fetuses. but you give me sketchy examples of supposed abortions that failed 36 years ago. I have no way of knowing if what this lady, or the other lady, is saying is true, or if true, what really happened between the woman and her doctor 36 years ago. Also, it's hard to trust pro-life, anti-choice zealots who have no compunction with lying, when it suits their agenda.

We're talking about today's medical science and today's state laws. Show me a recent case of a doctor legally aborting a healthy, viable fetus. Not someone who claims, without evidence, that they survived an abortion over 30 years ago.

And, you seem to think that women should not be able to abort a fetus when they find out that it has Down Syndrome. Not everybody, or every family is able to handle a special needs child.
edit on 3-4-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

How are folk gonna force others to carry a child they do not want?. Anyone got an answer to that?.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyToxicTash

How are folk gonna force others to carry a child they do not want?. Anyone got an answer to that?.

I suspect these unwanted children end up feeding both the adoption business as well as body parts, the uber rich pay big money for these things and the anti abortion crowd play into this without even realizing.

It's awful to think about and I may be wrong but we humans can be a callous bunch.
edit on 4-4-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Like I said before they bleat but do not come up with any answers.
Anti choice folk do you want it illegal and if so how are you going to enforce it? do you want to punish those who have a back street abortion?.
Or are you gonna come up with ideas to reduce the need of abortions?.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MyToxicTash

I wish I had answers to these questions, sadly I only have more questions.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

exactly.......and lets add businesses like hobby lobby who won't pay for womens birth control as part of their medical plan....so hypocritical.....

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyToxicTash

There are literally millions of couples who can't have children of their own. Make adoption easier and it will solve the problem.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

exactly.......and lets add businesses like hobby lobby who won't pay for womens birth control as part of their medical plan....so hypocritical.....

Why stop there?... Perhaps Hobby Lobby should give you a free apartment, or house, pay for your entire tuition. and your children's... Heck, why stop there? Hobby Lobby should give you part of their millions of dollars simply because you say so...

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

First one, witnessed a 21 weeks inviable fetus with down syndrome survive a failed abortion and live for 20 minutes, and that's why she's pro-life. There's no way a 21 week old fetus with down syndrome has a chance to survive, let alone thrive. Why isn't she pro-better medicine and safer abortions?

Second one, is a repeat from your previous post, and it's about an incident in POLAND, not the USA.

Third one...please...

Fourth one, sorry, a fetus is not aware and has no idea of the consequences of anything, so it can't be be afraid, that's your imagination. You're seeing unconscious reflex.

Look, none of what you've posted proves that current state reproductive laws promote killing newborns or aborting healthy, viable fetuses.
edit on 4-4-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   

No you dodged my actual question what If a woman does not want to carry a child? how are you going to force her?.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

What a bad question, really.

Usually, no one can force someone else not to do something wrong (not even law enforcers can). All we can do is letting them know how we really feel about it in a rational and civilized way, and try to help them understand what's so wrong about what they are doing.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: malvy

No it isn't plenty on ATS have called for it to be illegal but none have come up with any ideas on how to implement it nor even come up with ideas on how to reduce it they just want to vilify women who already have a difficult choice to make.
TBH it is nowt to do with anyone but the woman.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

But, you know? Actions like rape and murder have been illegal for quite some time now, yet we can't force people not to commit them unless we caught them in the act. Does that mean such actions shouldn't be illegal because it's impossible to prevent them most of the times? Well, obviously it doesn't, and it would be the same with any laws banning abortions I guess.

I don't agree with you that this is something that only concerns the woman. To me, this is about how we value life and family in our society, and it concerns all of us. That doesn't mean we should force on women what to do with their bodies, but I do think we should aspire to be a society in which expecting mothers, babies and young children are seriously valued and treasured, and in which abortions aren't seen as just another birth control method, but instead a serious medical procedure that should only take place in the most extreme cases.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join