It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax Payers Pay Through The Nose for Tiffany Trump's Spring Break to Serbia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Oh noooooz!

Hey Yahoo.... Biased much?

So Tiffany Trump took a spring break, like most 'kids' her age and apparently Taxpayers are paying out the wazoo for it... So how much is a buttload?

Wait for it....

$23,000

Nope... I didn't forget a few zeros. Someone's all upset that 23k was charged to the American Taxpayers.

First daughter Tiffany Trump is still staying far from the spotlight during her father’s presidency, but her recent vacation in Serbia is raising some eyebrows. According to Quartz, her stay in the Eastern European country from March 7-16 cost the U.S. government at least $23,000.

According to Judicial Watch:

Air Force records regarding Michelle Obama’s trip to Morocco, Spain and Liberia with her daughters in June 2016 revealed $450,026.40 in flight expenses alone. A C-32A was flown for 28.4 hours.

Michelle Obama’s February 2016 ski trip to Aspen with her daughters cost taxpayers a total of $222,875.58. The Secret Service expenses were $165,806.78. Judicial Watch previously obtained records from the Air Force revealing that Michelle Obama’s weekend trip to Aspen, Colorado, last year cost American taxpayers $57,068.80 in travel expenses alone for the 7.4-hour round-trip flight.

I mean.. Hell... It cost $360,236 JUST for Hillary Clinton hitch a ride with Obama on Air Force One for a campaign trip to North Carolina. Why didn't she just take a car?

I get it, I get it.... But TRUMP, right?

Who really cares. Does it stop the world? Did it stop for the Obamas? Yeah didn't think so. 23 grand can sure break the bank, though. You can't even buy a base model Toyota Camry for that price.

To most of us, $23,000 sounds like quite a bit of money to spend on vacation, but it’s a drop in the bucket of all the expenses the first family’s travel incurs. Not since George Bush Sr. has the U.S. had a president with more than two adult children, and back then, media scrutiny of his adult children was a little less intense — and a little less tangled with the president’s business interests. Both Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump have taken international business trips that cost nearly $100,000 apiece in Secret Service travel costs.

The president himself racks up quite a bill every time he visits Mar-a-Lago or one of his other properties. The Government Accountability Office reported that four of his trips to the Palm Beach resort from February 3 through March 5, 2017 cost federal agencies $13.6 million.

I don't even know what the point of the post is because even the editor comes out and says that the obamas spent more (though less than other sources show).

By comparison, President Barack Obama was widely criticized by Republicans in 2009 when he took wife Michelle on a date in New York City, costing the federal government an estimated $72,000.

For a DATE? Ehhh Someone tell this guy that $72,000 is far more than $23,000. And it was for a DATE. Maybe THAT'S why republicans were pissed.

I think it's one of those pissing contests where it goes back and forth till someone gets tired of it.

Are we tired of it, yet?

edit on 31-3-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The Mob is Mad 😎

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Spring break with a Secret Service detail.

Talk about a buzz kill . 😴

To be fair yahoo could’ve mentioned the $400,000 presidential salary trump donates each year .

Oh wait !

I mention yahoo which is part of the main stream media.

My grammar sucks can I have a faux pas and a oxymoron in the same sentence ?

edit on 31-3-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Spring break with the Secret Service detail.

Wait till they find out that she didn't smoke the reefer while she was there... lol

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Yahoo is terrible, it's worse than tabloids.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I guess Serbia would be similar to going to Russia. It could be a great spring break destinations.

Screwdrivers all night and bloody Mary’s all morning . 😵

I’ve been a little flippant with my replies . Sorry but I just can’t help myself.

I view most MSM reports with a jaded eye anymore.

I just can’t take them seriously so as a defense mechanism I resort to humor .

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

No worries at all. I saw the Yahoo OP the same way and I pretty much fashioned my OP in a similar fashion.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Spring break with the Secret Service detail.

Wait till they find out that she didn't smoke the reefer while she was there... lol

I don't care if she did.

I didn't give a rats behind when Malia did either, for that matter.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I hope we gave her $5k in "fun money".

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I am sure she had a good time in Serbia, probably not many deranged Leftists there.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
I am sure she had a good time in Serbia, probably not many deranged Leftists there.

I can only assume she chose a place like that, so she wouldn't be noticed at all. She has really never sought the spotlight.

Serbia doesnt sound like a typical vacation paradise. Perhaps she has family there, on her mother's side.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

edit on 31-3-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

It may not be typical for most people, but Serbia has some beautiful vacation spots.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

link   

link   

Hey, now, Yahoo...
Remember how Obama donated his presidential salary just like Trump does?

No?

Oh...that's right.
Never mind.

...I'll show myself out.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: RazorV66

I can only assume she chose a place like that, so she wouldn't be noticed at all. She has really never sought the spotlight.

Serbia doesnt sound like a typical vacation paradise. Perhaps she has family there, on her mother's side.

Serbia is stunning.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Where does one hide weapons in a crowd of scantly clad,half naked,drunk hedonists?

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
hell pelosi's booze in a government paid flight costs more than that

edit on 31 3 2019 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Hey Yahoo.... Biased much?

This isn't a biased article. What are you caiming that it is?

To most of us, $23,000 sounds like quite a bit of money to spend on vacation, but it’s a drop in the bucket of all the expenses the first family’s travel incurs. Not since George Bush Sr. has the U.S. had a president with more than two adult children, and back then, media scrutiny of his adult children was a little less intense — and a little less tangled with the president’s business interests. Both Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump have taken international business trips that cost nearly $100,000 apiece in Secret Service travel costs.

The president himself racks up quite a bill every time he visits Mar-a-Lago or one of his other properties. The Government Accountability Office reported that four of his trips to the Palm Beach resort from February 3 through March 5, 2017 cost federal agencies $13.6 million.

By comparison, President Barack Obama was widely criticized by Republicans in 2009 when he took wife Michelle on a date in New York City, costing the federal government an estimated $72,000. Watchdog groups also found that an Obama trip to Chicago and Florida cost $3.6 million.

edit on 31-3-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join