It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the UK should solve the political crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Ok parliament has shown itself to be full of squabbling incompetents that would rather watch the UK burn than stop playing politics and decide anything.

All parties are equally guilty.
Last week the anti bexiteers wrestles control briefly and they still couldn't decide!

So the queen is officially in charge of the UK armed forces.

She should lock them all in the house of commons without food, water or toilet breaks until they decide on something!

I doubt the army would refuse sticking one to the incompetent in charge and I doubt the public would feel sympathy for the traiters posing as mps.

After the queen would likely have to abdicate but she world abdicate make g history as a hardarse and as one of the popular monarchs in history.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: osoespacialpoco

That's not the case. The government, or specifiaclly the Prime Minister is in charge of the UK armed forces. The oath to the moracrch the armed forces make, alongside other public servents and Members of Parlimanet themselves, is an oath the country as manifest via the monarch.

If the Queen - or any future monarch - tried to take control in the UK, they would be removed. This happened with Charles I if my history serves.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yeah that’s not how it works.

She could technically take control but that would destroy the monarch she would be removed.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: osoespacialpoco

That's not the case. The government, or specifiaclly the Prime Minister is in charge of the UK armed forces. The oath to the moracrch the armed forces make, alongside other public servents and Members of Parlimanet themselves, is an oath the country as manifest via the monarch.

If the Queen - or any future monarch - tried to take control in the UK, they would be removed. This happened with Charles I if my history serves.

She would not be taking control.

Just forcing our useless politicians to actually do the jobs they ate currently neglecting to do.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Yeah that’s not how it works.

She could technically take control but that would destroy the monarch she would be removed.
removed by who?
And taking control of what?

She would not be taking control of parliament or forcing them to do their jobs.

As for being removed? As I said she could abdicate after and retire peacefully knowing she will go down in history as the first mochach in a long time that actually did something usefull.

Our politicians have failed. Someone needs to butt this useless heads together to make a decision on what sort of deal we leave with.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Somy Guy had the right idea years ago (100% sarcasm)

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: osoespacialpoco

(Shoves hand into the air) "Me sir, me. I can solve it sir"

Easy.
1 - Remove all politicians who have gone against the wishes of their constituency. So those who represent Leave communities but are demanding a soft Brexit or to remain get the boot and those who represent Remain but voted Leave should also be given the boot.

2 - Ever politician who remains should be given the option of stepping down or coming to parliament EVERY SINGLE DAY INCLUDING SUNDAYS until this whole damn thing is done and dusted.

3 - Come to a final decision. Yes I voted Leave and they're trying to over turn the referendum in one way or another have some guts and stand there and tell us you want it reversed. Don't pretend to respect the outcome of democracy just say you are revoking it. Don't sit on the fence.

4 - Remove anyone who abstains from voting. This is the future of our country and this SHOULD NOT BE AN OPTION FOR POLITICIANS WHO ARE BEING PAID TO REPRESENT THEIR COUNTRY.

5 - Whatever their final decision, we DON'T REMAIN PART OF THE CUSTOM UNION (We'll be rule takers) and DON'T REMAIN PART OF THE POLITICAL GROUP. Either Brexit or Remain not Brexit in name only.

If they cannot do either of the above remove the entire lot from government and lets start again. I personally vote for a system where they actually keep their words and stick to what they were voted in to do.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

If they cannot do either of the above remove the entire lot from government and lets start again. I personally vote for a system where they actually keep their words and stick to what they were voted in to do.

We can only wish

Why is it not a crime to break manifesto promises

so heres all we can currently do about it

Make Manifestos legally binding

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Probably the courts or if not in that extreme then a military coup but your talking about a extreme hypothetical that would just never happen so it’s a mute point.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
No worries I believe Her Majesty has it all under control

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
ironic, use the monarchy to save the democracy.

Today the UK is not a constitutional monarchy, not sure if you want to call it a dictatorship? When you have a vote that the government said they will follow, then it doesn't, no matter what side you are on, if this doesn't bother you, there is something wrong with you

new topics

top topics

join