It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Government puts their foot on the brakes for speeders

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

The EU is poised to control the speed of every *new car on the road, via its onboard GPS and electronics. Will this be imported into America? (Keep your old cars!)

iotwreport.com...

The same software — and hardware — that probably two-thirds of all new cars sold here already have — merely awaiting activation.
Helpful, convenient GPS mapping — so much easier than having to read and handle a paper map, as people used to.
Helpful, convenient “driver assists” — such as the little cameras that enable your car to automatically brake itself when those electronic eyes see another car up ahead, moving more slowly than your car. These cameras also see — and know, via the GPS mapping data, updated regularly — what the speed limit is on every road you drive.
And the car knows exactly how fast you are driving, in real time — all the time.
See the helpful little icon on the touchscreen? The one that looks just like a speed limit sign? Watch it change from 45 to 35, as the speed limit on the road you’re driving on changes. Now watch as it turns angry red, to warn you that you are driving faster — even if only by 1 MPH — than the posted speed limit.

Bold is mine.

I'm guessing that there will be those here who applaud government controlling how fast you can go, yeah. . . I know. . . they already do with speed limits and speeding laws, but soon will come a time where we won't even have the option.

Imagine trying to pass a slower car and you speed up to go around and your "car" decides you're going too fast and slows down. You're stuck in the passing lane with nowhere to go.

No more nudging the car a little about either.

Everyone obeys.

Except maybe the smart ones in older cars. Until it gets mandated that all cars have that little control or if they can't, then ban older cars.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY I TELLS YA!

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The EU just banned memes.

They're idiots.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Speeding fines are good money earners, so they will have to recoup this revenue from someplace else.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
EU

walking the 10 planks one at a time

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
That could certainly put a damper on the Autobahn.

I'd like to do some research on this. Having your speed reduced while accelerating is a huge safety issue that I can't see working out to well. I can see having governors for limited speed but on the fly speed adjustments by computer, no thanks. Ferrari and Lamborghini would be done with the exception of racing.

The wrongful death lawsuits would be countless.
edit on 30-3-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

They have had this planned out for 20 years or so, i would imagine.

• Give everyone a ss# at birth

• give everyone debit/credit cards. Slowly remove cash from the system.

• give everyone a phone with tracking tech

• allow access to all forms of information

• save everyone’s search history and identify unwanted thought patterns

• cameras everywhere

• Self driving cars take all of the bad people away

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Posted a few days ago.

Some newer cars do have it, and will use it when a set of collision sensors malfunction.
75 to zero in seconds in the highway without the driver knowing what's going on- what could possibly go wrong?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt
Posted a few days ago.

Some newer cars do have it, and will use it when a set of collision sensors malfunction.
75 to zero in seconds in the highway without the driver knowing what's going on- what could possibly go wrong?

The "accidents" will all be classified as "coincidences" complete with legal disclaimers

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The stranglehold of technology continues to tighten it's noose... Fun times..

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Hopefully it's harder to hack than unplugging the antenna in my Chevy.

Oh, and the steering wheel angle sensor tied into the deadly stabilitrak system that steers you into the ditch, or oncoming traffic when it rains, or gov motors decides to kill you via traffic crash.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Hopefully it's harder to hack than unplugging the antenna in my Chevy.

Oh, and the steering wheel angle sensor tied into the deadly stabilitrak system that steers you into the ditch, or oncoming traffic when it rains, or gov motors decides to kill you via traffic crash.

New car loan agreement includes manditory ----
"pre-nuptial" last will & testament 😆

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I already did a thread on this.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
They voiced something similar in the UK 30 or 40 years ago. They wanted to use the outside lane of the motorways for fast luxury cars only. Now really think about it, it will only be us peons who get restricted cars, the elites will be able to flash by us in their unrestricted cars.
Think about police chases. All cars restricted to, say, 50 MPH, how could police catch you if they have the same limiter on? Ergo, the police wont have restricted cars.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
They voiced something similar in the UK 30 or 40 years ago. They wanted to use the outside lane of the motorways for fast luxury cars only. Now really think about it, it will only be us peons who get restricted cars, the elites will be able to flash by us in their unrestricted cars.
Think about police chases. All cars restricted to, say, 50 MPH, how could police catch you if they have the same limiter on? Ergo, the police wont have restricted cars.

Not only that, but once they've got your plate number they can just remote stop your vehicle.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Michael Hastings.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I already did a thread on this.

Sorry.

Must have missed it.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The EU is what happens when you agree to allow your country to be ruled by unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats.

We have the same problem here, but it's a lot quieter and a lot of folks think it's conspiracy talk.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

It's already here, I just watched a GM commercial were they remote-stopped a vehicle through OnStar.

edit on 31-3-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The stranglehold of technology continues to tighten it's noose...

Technology isn't passing laws, governments are.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
To what end though, safety?

I've seen more accidents and near misses from indecisiveness and complacency, than someone going 5-10mph over the speed limit.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join