It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Did DOD Order $250 Million Of Gas Masks On March 25?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

When you solicit proposals from 679 vendors and only three say, "I think we can probably do that", it usually means the customer is looking for something that will be very difficult to do and/or have a very slim profit margin. Companies usually skip out on things they see as unreasonable expectations (cost, timeline, product specifications) from the customer. Companies love making money, and love government contracts (the checks always clear). They wouldn't skip responding to a gravy -train project.
So this is probably not overpriced for whatever they are asking, and if the vendors run into difficulties, they get screwed, not the government (fixed -price contract). Though if the DOD asked for the moon, they might be left holding the bag (not financially) if the vendors don't deliver. i.e. the masks needed for the requirements won't be on schedule, etc

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Well, now we know how the majority of us are going to die in the next five years. We can do things to prepare for this, go into the closet after eating a can of beans and slowly accustom yourself to high levels of toxic gasses, sooner or later you will be able to completely be immune to biological warfare....if you don't die in the closet during your conditioning.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I understand now thanks for the clarification.

Out of 697 vendors only three were up to the task.

In my field that reminds me of architects .

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Only three felt they had the capabilities needed to meet the requirements -- OR most likely, only three were willing to do whatever the requirements (capability, cost, timeline) were for the money involved.

For a high-profile example of the first case, look back to the Navy's ATA (eventually A-12) program, and Northop who was very experienced looked at the requirements and said, "You're dreaming. We're out. We can deliver that capability, but not on that timeline or for that cost. And noone else can either. Get back to us if you come back to reality" . Sadly the Navy did not come back to reality, General Dynamics got in over their head, and everyone was miserable over the entire expensive affair with costly delays, budget overruns, lawsuits, etc

In this case, it's probably only a few companies who are willing to put the capital and man-hours in to production for a limited return in the way of profit. If it takes $10 million dollars of investment and payroll, and costs $40 million dollars to make X number of whatever product, but the contract only pays out $52 million for X number over 10 years, that's a large investment for little return. A company could make more than that kind of money ($2M) in ten years by putting your $50M in a ssafings schemes and bonds over ten years and not have any headaches or stress of managing a 10 year $50M project.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Why Did DOD Order $250 Million Of Gas Masks On March 25?

They are preparing for an abormally large amount of BS gases that is going to be sprung in the 2020 election.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Oh for Christ Sakes, for anybody who follows military history and technology news or military procurement...there’s nothing “conspiracy” about this contract. 10 years contracts worth this much are nothing new and have been around FOREVER. At the cost they are going to be paying for Individual masks, I don’t think it’s enough to even fully replace the M50 that entered service about 10 years back.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: johnthejedi24
OR!!! Say I'm the one that gives out the government contracts and it just so happens my best friends owns a gas mask company. I don't care how many put in for the contract but my friends gonna win it. Easy aint it.
I get my kick back when I retire early to become a highly paid consultant for a gas mask company. And it has nothing at all to do with gas masks.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
getting ready to depopulate the earth with chems.

Need to stock up on those essentials in the bunker

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

When would you have things ordered and in place? At the last minute?

It's called "emergency disaster preparedness" for a reason. A good one.

1st Responder, EMT
F.E.M.A.-DHS

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I didn't read all the replies, but that rally isn't much $ when it comes to gas masks that are capable of protecting against various gases. The canisters/filters alone can be $50-200+ each, and there are different canisters for different chemicals. At $270 each, that is only 1 million masks, but they need canisters/filters as well.

Also every year there are some masks that are "retired" because they reach their expiration date on the seals, at least the old ones used to. IDK if newer ones have longer life on the seals or not.

different masks

www.approvedgasmasks.com...

Military mask - $270

canisters

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments. "Emergency disaster preparedness" huh? Sorry if I don't trust anything that our military or government says or does. Why? Because they've used American citizens before as test subjects. Any of you remember these stories? Probably not.

Over and over again, the military has conducted dangerous biowarfare experiments on Americans

On September 20, 1950, a US Navy ship just off the coast of San Francisco used a giant hose to spray a cloud of microbes into the air and into the city's famous fog. The military was testing how a biological weapon attack would affect the 800,000 residents of the city. The people of San Francisco had no idea.

It wasn't until the 1970s that Americans, as Cole wrote in the book, "learned that for decades they had been serving as experimental animals for agencies of their government."

Other experiments involved testing mind-altering drugs on unsuspecting citizens. In one shocking, well-known incident, government researchers studied the effects of syphilis on black Americans without informing the men that they had the disease

"Every one of the [biological and chemical] agents the Army used had been challenged" by medical reports, he says, despite the Army's contention in public hearings that they'd selected "harmless simulants" of biological weapons. "They're all considered pathogens now," Cole says.

www.businessinsider.com...-minneapolis-to-st-louis-1

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Citizens and trained professionals take free trainings and certify for disaster and emergency response from Homeland Security and Fire Administration.

Receiving search and rescue, emergency first response, biohazard, radiological, and various other types of aid...

Some of us are police, search and rescue (me), fire and medical triage (also myself)...the rest are civilians, neighbors among others.

It's needed, it's certified, we train and even prepare landing zones for helicopters....among so much more.

We don't consider us "government" at all...though like me and other responders...do work for the government to.

www.ready.gov

EMT/1st Responder
Advanced Disaster life Support, Search and Rescue
Dept.of Homeland Security/FEMA/CERT

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You are so correct. During my medical training in the military we didn't have enough mask and over half were damaged in some way.

I am sure the ordered number falls far short of what is likely needed.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Sometimes governments like to have plans ready, even if it is for the most unlikeliest of events - such as, first contact, nuclear war, tsunamis, solar flare, meteorites etc etc

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join