It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well done Mr. President, well done

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I didn't have a better place to put an impromptu opinion piece and I don't frequent the swamp, but if any of you want to take a swipe at me it's on. Bro, suppress your fight or flight reaction for posting about President Trump. You're saying something in support not against, no harm shall come nigh thee. This is how you get stars and you can multiply them by doing replies in threads like this. I'd like a free ATS tee shirt, black, size large.

His latest move by cutting funding to certain Central and South American countries is spot on. This is the sort of thing he should've been doing long ago instead of trumping up a border wall and having a dramatic fight with the Democrats about. This approach would get much more results but the question arises; Could he have done it from the beginning without too much backlash politically? Did he need a mandate, some concrete evidence, numbers?

Since he was elected President, ICE and border security funding have been greatly increased. That has been paired with a phenomenal level of public statements and political posturing. A major part of the agenda center stage. With increased funding, exposure in the media and direct orders, ICE has detained many more people than in previous years as border security has caught and arrested more illegal immigrants than ever. One could argue that while the immigrant numbers and illegals in the country has risen on a small but measurable level, increased vigilance, arrests and media exposure will get the numbers to justify bigger actions being taken, actions that two or three years ago would've seemed almost cruel and sinister met with vigorous opposition such as cutting funding to countries that the illegals are predominantly coming from.

After all, they can do more and should be. Even a liberal, if not backed into an oppositional, argumentative corner should be able to truthfully say that those countries should be stopping a majority of these people and aren't because they don't have to. Why would you want to implement the unpopular, expensive measures in your country to drastically cut down on illegal immigrants leaving your country unless you had to? If your country is so messed up, poor from Government mismanagement and corruption, why would you want to keep mouths to feed that are contributing nothing to your economy and worsening your situation?

Implement a way to cut down on this in large numbers and the ramifications for your society and economy might be very bad in the short term. Long term doesn't always matter so much to politicians and wealthier citizens if it causes problems, expenses, and a loss of quality of life for them and this is the only life anyone lives. It takes a special person to be selfless enough to take losses or to implement changes that will negatively affect them and their constituents now but will be better for the nation and a majority of its citizens who live at a lower level than you do in the future that they might not or will not see.
edit on 3/30/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
When people become too "soft", they get fat. Fat, I mean, that they no longer feel to be self - reliant . This is how a nation slowly looses itself from within and is conquer by an invading forces. Sad to say this, but the President of the USA is making this view more apparent to the masses, yet the "fat" thinks its better then what they have.
People are becoming too weird these days. Must be all the lead in the air and in the soil from years past of leaded gasoline.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I hope the cut in funds or closure of the border stops the illegal aliens. But if they start to stack up in Mexico while their numbers keep surging .

We are one live fire incident away from the end of the best president we’ve ever had .

Be it the military or the cartels.

Scary thought .
edit on 30-3-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I hope the cut in funds or closure of the border stops the illegal aliens. But if they start to stack up in Mexico while their numbers keep surging .

We are one live fire incident away from the end of the best president we’ve ever had .

Be it the military or the cartels.

Scary thought .

I understand the cartels have already a strong hold in Texas. Is there any truth to this?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I really hate to say this .

I don’t know

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I say take that money and put it to the wall.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
You want to presure Mexico stop money transfer from here to their
edit on 30-3-2019 by lowballer because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: lowballer
You want to presure Mexico stop money transfer from here to their

That would get ugly.

Mexican Government Sucks.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Yea all 180 million of it... whoa that'll show em.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
1. Economic conditions and widespread violence in certain Central American becomes so bad that thousands flee attempting to take their families to somewhere safer where they can have a chance at a secure future

2. The United States is the shining light of opportunity and stability in the hemisphere so most head there. On foot.

3. The United States objects to these people coming here characterizing them as an invasion.

4. United states cuts-off funding to these South American countries to punish them because their people are leaving for the United States.

5. Cutting off the funding makes the conditions in said countries incrementally worse.

6. More people leave as a result. The 'caravans' become even larger

7. Mission accomplished

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
I say take that money and put it to the wall.

Folks, We have a winner!

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Those countries have apprx 35 million population.

Why "only" 1 million fleeing ?

something else is wrong maybe ?
😄

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They're not running FROM something. They're running TO the MAGA opportunity blossoming here.

Something is going to have to be done soon to house the legal asylum seekers. The warmer weather is making those camps ripe for diseases. Maybe Mexico will allow the U.S. to build large air-conditioned structures on that side of the border.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Says someone who subscribes to an ideology that literally embraces fear. You yourself are guilty of claiming the sky is falling under Trump numerous times. Yet I bet you can't give one example of your kushy life being impacted negatively by the big bad orange man.

Sad you live in such a twisted world where this is completely acceptable. Yet if we replaced white with black in your picture you'd lose your pretty little head.

The sign of a true racist is not knowing what you are saying is racist. Kudos on achieving that level.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

I'm just curious, are you American?

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: theatreboy

Yea all 180 million of it... whoa that'll show em.

You don't even live in this country so no skin off your back, Eh! How about we send them up to you and see if you have the same smartass remarks about the problem you always do.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Go ahead. You personally go hold those peoples hands and lead them up here if you wanna talk like that.

Still doesnt change the fact people are losing their minds over pennies to the American citizen like it's a grand achievement of saving money. Glad you support taking away kids education in those nations.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

People didnt think it was pennies when Trump wanted it for the wall.

Selective outrage at its finest with a dose of hipocrisy and sprinkle of self arrogance.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp
Well Einstein, If you knew what you were talking about you would know that illegals are a huge problem effecting our own kids education and our educational programs. The school where I used to live had 70% of the kids in ELL (English Language Learner) programs. We're teaching kids from grade school up to High School how to speak English. This takes teaching resources away from the other kids. It was so bad that they had to lower test scores so enough kids would pass a grade, in order to continue receiving Federal and State funding to keep our schools open. In terms you may or may not comprehend, we're dumbing down our kids.

We have teacher shortages in many states here in the US and It takes teachers to teach ELL courses. It's even worse in other states such as Ca. My friend spends about $600 of his own money to get supplies he needs to teach his class for a year.

Are you and your country sacrificing your kids education to educate illegals fleeing countries where education isn't a priority? Would you be ok dumbing down your kids? The US is and has been for years dropping in global rankings for education. You would be ok with that happening in your country? Yeah, I don't think for a second that you would be ok with any of those questions.

So, not only do our kids and our country pay for this by sacrificing our kids education, our tax dollars are paying for this farce. Something you or your country doesn't do.

Since I have kids and grandkids this is a problem to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join