It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spring is finally here!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
First actual warm day here in CT, temps hit 60F. I managed to sneak in a couple flights this morning before the winds picked up.

Heres the video:

Here is a picture of the drone I used to capture the footage: (I build them as a hobby)

Any questions regarding drones and or flying! Feel free to ask.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Mississippi?
Nice video.
Spring was yesterday, winter came back this morning.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
What kind of license is required to fly in CT?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Can you make a video without all of the somersaults and upside down turns? I get motion sick watching your vids 😢. Haven't made it all the way through one yet because of all the flips.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

To fly as a hobbist (i.e. for fun / pleasure) you are required to register your drone with the FAA and follow the FAA’s Special Rule for Model Aircraft.

All pretty common sense things. Don't fly over airports or stadiums, don't fly at night time.

There is a list of do and don't.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I could. It might not be too exciting to the majority of my audience tho. I fly FPV acro or otherwise known as free style. Think of a skiier in the Olympics going off jumps and doing spins and flips. Or a skateboarder doing tricks with the skate board. This is the equivalent in the drone world. I fly with no stabilization. I have to maintain forward momentum, lift, and spacial recognition to know where I am when doing a flip or going upside-down so I avoid losing hundreds in a crash.

I'll see about doing a "cruise" video. Maybe during a nice sunset, or when the clouds look cool.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Really not sure what's going on with YT, but it keeps unsubscribing me from your channel. Subbed again... let's see off it sticks.

Great vid and music BTW..👍🤗

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I thought this thread was going to be about a spring coming in to replace the broken one from hitting all the potholes in the road.
Spring hasn't sprung here yet, we still have two feet or more snow all over in our yard.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
We had the same temp here in Rhode Island.

Enjoyed your vid and the music.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Are you considering a career or business flying drones?

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Nah just a hobby for fun. IT is my career

top topics

join