It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-Fil-A Banned From Buffalo Airport & San Antonio Airport

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
So their founder believes a marriage is between and man and a woman and all of a sudden they can't sell chicken? It isn't like they aren't hiring and serving gay people. This is ridiculous...think like us or else! You must approve of us or we will attack you. That is some sick BS right there.
edit on 2019/3/30 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24292488]infolurk
Cry babies banning things they don't like cause of their feels. Oh well there goes a decent chunk of the airports in house profits, morons.
edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: Edited for editing.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Is Chik-fil-a on record as being an anti-LGBTQLMNOP company, or refuse service to people from that community? Or is it that as a Christian-run company, its just assumed.

Yeah but

Christians are allowed to work on Sundays, the Sunday thing is Mosaic law not related to christianity
I am not sure the motivation

Pretty glad the chic co employ and serve our LGBTQ friends

My late brother-in-law and his brother own a successful chain of shops in several different states. They are closed- all of their stores- on Sumdays because they believe strongly that people need a consistent day off to spend with their families or however else they want to spend their down time. They think that employees are healthier, happier, and do better if they have one day a week they know they can count on being off from work, the same day every week. Their employees love it, and they have a fantastic employee retention rate.

Maybe Chic Fil A has the same idea.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If a company is going to mouth off in public forums about their biblically ordained intolerance and give money to anit-LGBT organizations, then expect some blow back. No one said we'd tolerate intolerance. Got no time for tolerating bronze-age idiocy and their contribution to fat unhealthy America.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
I'm pretty sure that if a much needed food merchant in a busy international airport decided to close every Sunday because Jesus - this could be the root of the problem...

International success dictates your excuse is stupid. Problem eradicated.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Someone has an opinion that differs from mine.

We should destroy them at all costs.

This the # world we created.

Proud?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Proud?
Depends upon the religion.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: Lysergic
Proud?
Depends upon the religion.

I'm Atheist.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Is Chik-fil-a on record as being an anti-LGBTQLMNOP company, or refuse service to people from that community? Or is it that as a Christian-run company, its just assumed.

Yeah but

Christians are allowed to work on Sundays, the Sunday thing is Mosaic law not related to christianity

Most of the Christian sects here in the U.S. have the sabbath day all wrong, it isn't Sunday, it's actually Saturday. It is what is taught in the Old Testament and what the Jews believe. Technically the sabbath starts on the evening of Friday Night and ends on the evening of Saturday night. Below is the actual quote form the ten commandments. Note that the sabbath is on the seventh day of the week, Saturday, while Sunday is actually the first day of the week. Sunday worship was created by the Catholic church to get the pagans to attend because that was a popular day for them to worship the sun.

Exodus 20

8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

So Christians who are working Saturday or doing work around the house, then not working Sunday, are disobeying the commandment as written in the Bible. Then again, Jesus didn't seem too concerned with obeying that one too much. Regardless, Sunday is not the sabbath day, so do what ever work you want on Sunday and you won't be in trouble with God. If you have to take care of something on Saturday, Jesus wouldn't hold it against you, however the Jews or some orthodox Christians probably would.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Why does anybody care if LGBT activists got fast food banned from airports? Honestly, there are many other fat-increasing foods options at those airports..

Didn't people line up to support this franchise when this controversy first started? They got supporters and haters. That's what happened when your company takes a political stance on gay Marriage...

Not the least bit suprised...

You can get married blackout drunk in Vegas and divorced the next day. Yet, somehow gay Marriage is going to destroy the dignity of that legal contract. Give me a break..

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Isn't that how some anti gay-marriage people act? Think like us or otherwise you cant be married.

They have a huge franchise, I bet this hardly put a dent.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

except it wasn't the business. It was the founder.
They "boycott" outrage was because the founder, not the company, donated to a group that advocated attempting to convert gay people to not be gay.
Also the closed on Sundays thing is massive for the workers. I can tell a lot of people here were privileged enough to never work in the fast food industry. Because as a worker in that industry, and the restaurant business in general you have a hectic schedule that probably changes every week or so. Having a set day off every week is a Godsend in that industry.
edit on 31-3-2019 by dubiousatworst because: word salad fixed

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Welfare and EBT and Cash Benefits and Subsidized Rent should all be banned. You'll see how fast things change then. Scum will go to work or scum will start rioting and breaking into homes and then... well... we can "correct" them.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

LOL

Let's see...was Chik-Fil-A going to deviate from it's normal business practice of shutting down every Sunday? If so, then it's a good decision by the airports. Why waste 1000 square feet of retail food space 1/7 of the week...during one of the busiest days?

And let's say that Chik-Fil-A did stay open on those Sundays, then those workers might have a nice lawsuit for being made to work on a day that the corporation doesn't make any of their other employees work.

So in regards to the airport its a smart decision, IMO. As far as college campuses go; nothing makes sense there any more to me.

Also, I don't eat at Chik-fil-a, the only thing good there is their lemonade.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

You can get married blackout drunk in Vegas and divorced the next day. Yet, somehow gay Marriage is going to destroy the dignity of that legal contract. Give me a break..

haha. So true.

Even Nicolas Cage and Erika Koike made it four days.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

Yeah but

Most of the Christian sects here in the U.S. have the sabbath day all wrong, it isn't Sunday, it's actually Saturday. It is what is taught in the Old Testament and what the Jews believe. Technically the sabbath starts on the evening of Friday Night and ends on the evening of Saturday night. Below is the actual quote form the ten commandments. Note that the sabbath is on the seventh day of the week, Saturday, while Sunday is actually the first day of the week. Sunday worship was created by the Catholic church to get the pagans to attend because that was a popular day for them to worship the sun.

Exodus 20

8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

So Christians who are working Saturday or doing work around the house, then not working Sunday, are disobeying the commandment as written in the Bible. Then again, Jesus didn't seem too concerned with obeying that one too much. Regardless, Sunday is not the sabbath day, so do what ever work you want on Sunday and you won't be in trouble with God. If you have to take care of something on Saturday, Jesus wouldn't hold it against you, however the Jews or some orthodox Christians probably would.

The sabbath is for Jews handed to Moses in the Mosaic covenant, I am a Christian and am not under the mosaic covenant, SO I AM NOT UNDER ANY OF THE OLD TESTAMENT LAWS, so sataurday and Sunday are irrelevant.
I am under Christ’s covenant and the Holy Spirit
I am not a Jew, I worship God everyday

Your Christianity is the teaching of Judaisers, those that the bible warns Christians about as the most evil and cunning of the heretics
Be warned, your path is not the same as mine, you serve religion and not Jesus

Jesus taught love God love each other, He didn’t teach love sataurday or Sunday
edit on 31-3-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Yeah but

My late brother-in-law and his brother own a successful chain of shops in several different states. They are closed- all of their stores- on Sumdays because they believe strongly that people need a consistent day off to spend with their families or however else they want to spend their down time. They think that employees are healthier, happier, and do better if they have one day a week they know they can count on being off from work, the same day every week. Their employees love it, and they have a fantastic employee retention rate.

And that is awesome, I agree, I work for a company with the same attitude
I just don’t believe that Christians are under the Mosaic law, we are not Jews

Family, friends, relationships are what Jesus came for

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Christians aren't under the Law (as given in the Old Testament, or Torah), so they don't hold to the taking off of the Sabbath. Christians worship on Sunday, the first day of the week, because that is the day that Jesus (whom Christians worship) rose from the dead. Christians are under a New Covenant, not the Old Covenant that you reference.

edit on 31-3-2019 by KansasGirl because: spelling

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Yeah but

And that is awesome, I agree, I work for a company with the same attitude
I just don’t believe that Christians are under the Mosaic law, we are not Jews

Family, friends, relationships are what Jesus came for

You're right, Christians aren't under Mosaic Law, but people who want to "get one over" on Christians like to bring it up, thinking they've caight us out on a technicality or something. 😂

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The chik-fil-a founder was obstinate about being closed on Sunday. He felt he was defending the rights of workers. The official Chick-fil-a literature says that they are closed specifically "inside and outside," meaning that no cleaning or cook staff work on Sunday either. So low paid workers at least get a day off when their kids are not in school.

Chick-fil-a started in small towns in the south, where "Sunday Dinner after church" was the biggest rush of the week in restaurants.

Pundits have long prophesied doom for a southern chicken joint that was going to miss the Sunday dinner crowd. And CFA owns the industry. My kids friends say it is the only fast food chain worth working for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join