It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-Fil-A Banned From Buffalo Airport & San Antonio Airport

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The Cry-Bullies took to social media in a successful effort to ban Chick-Fil-A from doing business in airports recently and it appears to be the new growing trend of cry-bullying anything as "not with them politically" from doing business. This appears to be a growing trend in the nation as the leftest outrage culture against anything that doesn't follow their political agenda must be banned.

www.wkbw.com...

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Following backlash, Delaware North and the NFTA have decided to pull their plan to include a Chick-fil-A in the Buffalo Niagara International Airport.

In a statement, Buffalo Assemblyman Sean Ryan (D) said "I applaud the decision that has been made to remove Chick-fil-A from the plans for this project."

This just recently happened in San Antonio as well:

The Texas attorney general is investigating San Antonio for banning Chick-fil-A from its airport

www.cnn.com...

The Texas attorney general is investigating whether the city of San Antonio violated Chick-fil-A's religious liberty when it banned the fast food chain from its airport.

Last week, the San Antonio city council approved a new concessions contract for the San Antonio International Airport -- on the condition that Chick-fil-A be excluded.
Texas attorney general Ken Paxton slammed the city's decision as "discriminatory" and "inconsistent with the Constitution and Texas law."

Recently, Campus students voted to bring Chick-Fil-A on campus in NJ, the administration banned them from doing so and the Dean quit.

University dean resigns after school bans Chick-fil-A
www.foxnews.com...

Much to her surprise, Newman received a lot of support from faculty and staff for showing that "no one group's opinions, values, beliefs, should be elevated over anyone's else's...we should be able to respectfully disagree...we shouldn't be putting down one person's values because they don't align with our personal values."

"You're the one who has to live in the world that's around you," she said, "and so if you feel something is not right in that world, you have an obligation to stand up and to say what your perspective is on that."

That really sums it up right here..... Leftest, read that:

"No one group's opinions, values, beliefs, should be elevated over anyone's else's...we should be able to respectfully disagree...

edit on 30-3-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

but their chicken tastes good. Must be due to the owners not being raging liberal hippies. Oh well, more for me.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The important parts bold mine

Assemblyman Ryan said in a statement yesterday that an anti-LGBTQ company should not be allowed to operate in a taxpayer-funded public facility.The original plan was for the Chick-fil-A to open in the fall of 2019.

It is not currently known what will replace Chick-fil-A in the food court. Chick-fil-A issued this statement to 7 Eyewitness News: “Recent coverage about Chick-fil-A continues to drive an inaccurate narrative about our brand.

We do not have a political or social agenda or discriminate against any group. More than 145,000 people from different backgrounds and beliefs represent the Chick-fil-A brand. We embrace all people, regardless of religion, race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity.“

edit on 30-3-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that if a much needed food merchant in a busy international airport decided to close every Sunday because Jesus - this could be the root of the problem...

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

There is more to this than just religion.

It's not really about religion to the airports. Well, it is and it's not. Denver Airport had a several year lawsuit going with them over...and the heck of it was Denver was begging Chik-fil-a to open a store in the airport. (like most airports do). BUT....

The problem is, most airport's concession contracts require concessionaires to be open 7 days a week, and Chik-fil-a has an iron policy of not being open on Sunday. It's a customer service issue for airports, and it has nothing to do with religion, but it is religion which is the underpinning of this policy for Chik-fil-a.

This is the root of the issue.

ETA - Denver finally caved, Chik-fil-a opened and they're one of the most popular concessions at the airport...but not on Sunday.

edit on 3/30/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
DBL

edit on 3/30/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I hope chic-fil-a files a lawsuit.
The company does not discriminate against employees or customers.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

This is the issue I have with the authoritarian left.

It's not enough if they don't like something. They have to dictate to the rest of us what we must like.

They don't like statues? Well, don't ignore them, tear them down.

They don't like this food chain? Well, don't visit them, deny anyone the ability to eat there.

Bunch of god-damned book-burning commie douche twinkies.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

They often do, multi-year lawsuits too.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This is the issue I have with the authoritarian left.

It's not enough if they don't like something. They have to dictate to the rest of us what we must like.

They don't like statues? Well, don't ignore them, tear them down.

They don't like this food chain? Well, don't visit them, deny anyone the ability to eat there.

Bunch of god-damned book-burning commie douche twinkies.

You said it... and agree 100%

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I would think this means every food chain should be allowed in the airport. No picking or choosing who is in.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Trust me, there is a line 10 miles long to get a concession at most major international airports!!

They have bidding wars to see who will pony up to pay the airport the most money. If you're willing to pay the airport $1,000,000 per month (and be open on Sunday) you can get a concession at O'hare selling Kosher monkey meat ka-bobs and recycled urinal cakes!

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

One good reason to buy Chick-fil-A, besides the good quality. No libtard can tell me what to eat.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Which seems to me the problem is the Chick-blah-blah business model. I bet most of the people complaining very seldom, if ever, eat their food at the airport.
edit on 3/30/2019 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Is Chik-fil-a on record as being an anti-LGBTQLMNOP company, or refuse service to people from that community? Or is it that as a Christian-run company, its just assumed.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Is Chik-fil-a on record as being an anti-LGBTQLMNOP company, or refuse service to people from that community? Or is it that as a Christian-run company, its just assumed.

It is a company run by people with Christian values but they would never refuse service to anyone. Unless it's Sunday but then they refuse service to everyone equally.

edit on 3-30-2019 by LogicalGraphitti because: format

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm sure Chick-fil-A is devastated.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Here’s the faa regulations the Texas attorney general is investigating . State authorities can investigate crimes and turn them over for federal prosecution . Bank robbery is a good example .

The National Airports Civil Rights Policy and Compliance staff is dedicated to eliminating unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, and individuals with disabilities in federally operated and federally assisted transportation programs.

It’s Oregon gay wedding cake, Kentucky gay marriage license 3.0.

Somebody get the popcorn .

www.faa.gov...

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yep.

Someone do or say something you dont like?

doxx them, get them fired, banned from social media, sue them, etc.......

I am so sick of the authoritarian streak the left has been showing......it is getting increasingly worse every year too.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Yeah but

Christians are allowed to work on Sundays, the Sunday thing is Mosaic law not related to christianity
I am not sure the motivation

Pretty glad the chic co employ and serve our LGBTQ friends

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join