It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsi Gabbard on not indicting Trump.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I liked Tusi's stance on foreign wars and why we needed to stop our efforts in Syria.. So did Trump but as we can see it did not do much to change the forces of the MIC and those who support the war machine.

If Tusi won she would be the head of the USA and DNC... she is definitely IMO more sane than the other corrupt DNC idiots that are running but if Trump runs in 2020 he will walk over his opponents ... I can say this simply because at his rallies there are multitudes who want to attend even though MSN (CNN in particular) and the democrats have done everything they can to smear him and his entire family with lies and subversion. People are not as stupid as those in the MSN and democratic party assume, IMO. At least that is what I personally hope happens..

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Circus side-show designed to entertain the voters
And , apparently some folks believe it...

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I have deep respect for Tusli and have said so several times. I still hate half or more of her policy positions, but she has integrity. I think like most people on the left (at least those not engaged in active politics) honestly believe their policies would benefit America and Americans. They are just wrong. I can respect that. My political views have occasionally shifted over the many years. I have also held mistaken beliefs. Perhaps I still do. But I can respect Tulso's pragmatism and integrity. She would be a fantasic candidate for the DNC.

Having said that, she also publicly spurned the DNC in her integrity when they were quietly funneling money from the DNC general donations to a specific candidate's (HRC) campaign. She really killed her political career with the DNC with the resignation and public criticism. She has never been in lockstep with party leadership even before that.

The machine will never let her be the candidate, anymore than they let Bernie. Neither party, but especially the DNC, is a forgive-and-forget type. She only gets consideration if she offers to sell out (like Bernie eventually did).

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

The machine will never let her be the candidate, anymore than they let Bernie. Neither party, but especially the DNC, is a forgive-and-forget type. She only gets consideration if she offers to sell out (like Bernie eventually did).

2016 showed us that the Republican Party was complacent in their attempts to run a machine candidate. Trump taught them all a lesson. Unlike many others who gleefully dismiss the Dems as stupid I do not see them as stupid across the board. That lesson was there for the Dems as well, their complacency in their machine was also exposed. Bigly

Supposing that the Dem machine will not let her get the nod passes by the fact that the machine lost some of it's power when Bernie got the commitee to bar the Super Delegates from railroading the first ballot at the convention. It's not hard for me to assume that there are smarter people in that party who will recognize that a full scale liberal will stand no chance against Trump in 2020 and will need to agree on a moderate who might attract enough voters from the moderate right. Who else is there but Tulsi?

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   

she sounds delusional imao

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

She is a democrat so she doesn't get any vote from me. I mean it does seem that she doesn't like to lie about everything as much as her fellow Democrats, but still she is a Democrat. However, she is definitely beguiling. Search Tulsi in a bikini and well Trump better hope there isn't a swimsuit competition.

I have always pondered those who vote by party. He was a democrat and his lockstep voting never made sense to me. Likewise, stating that one will never vote for a democrat, just as he stated that he would never vote for a republican seems a shallow manner in which to go about exercising our right to vote.

Secondly, it is unfortunate that you discount her because she is a democrat, or is it that you dismiss her because she is a woman as evidenced by your almost immediate references to swimsuit competitions.

I dismiss whoever I want to dismiss. Sometimes for no good reason at all. To me, anyone who calls themselves Democrat is invested in a party that has made its goal to keep power by continually lying for a very long time. Nearly every policy they support or have made into law has had negative effects on the country I love.

Republicans in general don't get much love from me either. If I go to vote and I don't like my choices I just don't select anyone. If there is a choice for a write in, then I write someone I like in. Even if they have zero chance of winning.

I am a man, so if I find a woman attractive, I always want to see more if I can. That is nature and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

That is your prerogative as it is many peoples to view tribalism as a form of ignorance.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
There seems to be a strong correlation between integrity and who the Democrats want to destroy from their own party. Anyone moderate gets a public hit campaign. A guy like Andrew Yang will probably be publicly shamed as well. He may have got mad once and yelled in his office. Which means he can't be a candidate. Unless he was yelling at a conservative or moderate.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

She is a democrat so she doesn't get any vote from me. I mean it does seem that she doesn't like to lie about everything as much as her fellow Democrats, but still she is a Democrat. However, she is definitely beguiling. Search Tulsi in a bikini and well Trump better hope there isn't a swimsuit competition.

Vote party instead of person. Keep politics screwed up in the country.

Not saying vote for her but this party only attitude is a large part of the problem, with both voters and politicians.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold

she sounds delusional imao

What , the tone of her voice? What did she say that sounds delusional to you? Was it her notion that if Trump gets impeached it could bring on a furthering of the political divide in the country possibly leading to civil war?

What?

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
There seems to be a strong correlation between integrity and who the Democrats want to destroy from their own party. Anyone moderate gets a public hit campaign. A guy like Andrew Yang will probably be publicly shamed as well. He may have got mad once and yelled in his office. Which means he can't be a candidate. Unless he was yelling at a conservative or moderate.

Indeed. The road of the Democrat Power Machine will destroy the party. 2020 could easily be their last chance to ''course correct'' and set a course more palatable to more Americans.

I think that Trump was like a baseball bat to the face of the Democrats. They got a lesson. Now, what will they learn from that. They could continue with the ''all we need it so get more people out to vote, which is always one of their goals. They could set about drumming up more enthusiastic hatred for the other side, which sadly many of the candidates are taking.

But they could also discover that their major, indeed, their existential need at this time is to offer a candidate and platform that will, along with the other goals, win the minds of enough people who reluctantly voted for Trump.
He won several states that might have gone another way but for one thing. Hillery Clinton. Appealing to those people has, I say HAS to be on the minds of those who guide the party. They all can' t be that stupid and ignore that can they? Can they?

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

She is the most sane Democrat from what I have heard.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

. Appealing to those people has, I say HAS to be on the minds of those who guide the party. They all can' t be that stupid and ignore that can they? Can they?

The party that put put their most unpopular candidate in recent times because she paid to keep them afloat? The pary whose single resounding message for 3 and a half years has been "Orange man bad"? The party that has gone so left that even Pelosi is afraid to keep them in check?

No. They will double down on getting their base excited with empty words. That's what got Obama elected. It'll be Buttigieg who comes out of nowhere like Obama and has little real record, so he's not obviously a political - hypocrit and liar. He'll be the gay Obama. He'll run on free everything, legal weed, gun control, race and LGBTQ+however many new letters there are as is focus to get the young crowd to vote. Bonus points for being a veteran, so criticizing him is "unpatriotic" and "homophobic" . The Orange Man Bad/Russian Stooge narrative just took a major hit. This is the only play left. Run an "outsider" with no real record, but strong establishment ties within the party, so he is predictable and controlled.

And it might work. It depends on how excited they can get the millennial crowd and how much Orange Man Bad sentiment lingers over battleground states verse battleground states' economy and industry.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobertHe'll run on free everything, legal weed, gun control, race and LGBTQ+however many new letters there are

I believe it is currently LGBTQIAPK+

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

While the actions of the dems over that last period of time can indicate things as you suggest, it is just difficult for me to think that they are that monolithic. When the machine was in complete control there is a likelihood that there were a lot of ''go alongers'' who did not want to buck that system But even then Sanders threw a scare into that machine. The tricks they used to put him down, worked in 2016 but to be sure that that the machine will prevail in 2020, for me is too much of an assumption.

However, your scenario on Buttigieg deserves a lot of thought. There, I thought about it and I think you present a very viable course of action. His Kennedyesk image I think might carry him to the forefront of those running. He does offer an amazing resume.

However again,,,, he is a white male and while that might appeal to many conservative voters, if he doesn't blow it with to much far liberal talk, the rise in female excitement would be dramatically undercut should the machine revert to a male even if he is gay and feminist. With the wide field of women in the race, it seems to me that they have to , they just have to vote for a woman.

Now that the democrat super delegates are restricted from voting there super delegate status until the second ballot, I can see a wild convention floor with the possibility of the front runners making deals with one another for support so that one will emerge and take it on the first ballot. A team of Gabbard for potus and Buttigieg as vpotus would be a killer bill. A woman of color, an active major in the NG and an up and coming gay man who speaks 7 languages and all the rest he has to put up would cover all the liberal buttons.
g

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I think you have the ticket, but it will be upside down. Kamala will settle for Veep. I think she has too much baggage for the nomination. She has a voting record. She's very smart and capable, but she's a pure politician. Zero of what Tulsi would bring to the ticket. Buttigieg has no record, and despite running the party machine, he can be cast as the outsider to shake things up.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I can't see anyone taking the Dem nomination who is not an over the edge zealot. The democrat strategy is to focus on feelings and make the base feel passionate.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

My thinking is all based on the idea that the Democrats are not as stupid as they have been taken to be by the conservative press and it's adherents. That message is meant to sway simpletons on over demonizing the enemy, calling them imbeciles. To me neither is true to the degree it is being propagandized.

There are still to many random balls in motion at this point and too many odd or unseen occurrences that can happen by that time. Hell, Trump could have a stroke and then the whole game changes.

At this point what appears to me to be part of their plan is to put all those players in the field. Obfuscate. Let them spend their money stumping and building up enthusiasm, not so much for a single candidate but rather for the democrat hopes in the long run. This way, the conservative press and propaganda network has no real individual to focus on, to build those deep evil memes about. How it all will coalesce come convention time is still a wild guess. But it WILL coalesce. As well, I think that for sure, the new liberals in the party will be happy. And not because they are stupid.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

trump is never ever going to be impeached therefore delusional

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Steveogold

Gabbard said she is in agreement that Trump should not be impeached. So,,,,,,wait for it,,,,,,,, You call her delusional because she agrees with you. That is all I can figure from your brief posts.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It'll probably be Harris or Beto. They'd never let someone in as anti-War Machine as Tulsi. Even though Bernie's leading right now (besides Biden, who probably won't recover and start losing steam) they'll find a way to kneecap him and the other anti-War progressives. Neocons won American Civil War 2 after all.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join