It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Release Body-Cam Video of Willie McCoy Killing, Showing Him Asleep in Car

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: seattlerat

My goodness.
What a bunch of cowards.
A single warning shot would be enough to deescalate the majority of these situations.

Warning shots are irresponsible.

Stay in your lane.

Make the first round in the magazine always a blank?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Are you a cop? Or a soldier? When do you have the occasion to fire warning shots or business shots? Are you a bodyguard for narcoleptic heavy metal drummers?

I worked for the military and CI, my job put me in harm's way, a lot. So not a cop, soldiers have ID and a command chain, I had neither, I was supplied with problems and I provided solutions. Twelve years after coming back to north America, I started a recording studio because I love music, so I had bands in recording. We all have a history :-)

Cheers - Dave

The "problems" you were presented with were people, and the "solutions" you provided was shorting them? Is that what we should read between the lines? Onviously you're not going to say yes even if that's true.

What would be the point. We all do what we have to do and at the end of the day we hope we did the good thing, or at least the right thing. None of this is real anyway and there is no such thing as free will in this construct, so just sit back and enjoy the ride :-)

Cheers - Dave

"There is no such thing as free will in this construct" is the thing that people say who need to let themselves off the hook for things they've done.

If there is no free will, why are you even in this thread, debating about whether the officers acted wrongly or not?

Because the illusion of free will requires that we believe it's my/our idea when actually, it's just my or whoever's meat puppet going through the motions. We simply ride the bus and observe from within the cage of our individual data acquisition systems :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

originally posted by: projectvxn

My goodness.
What a bunch of cowards.
A single warning shot would be enough to deescalate the majority of these situations.

Warning shots are irresponsible.

Stay in your lane.

Make the first round in the magazine always a blank?

How about don't fire a deadly weapon unless you're in mortal danger. Which these pigs were not.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
What ticks me off, apart from the obvious, is that the video is edited. Right at the critical moment there is a swipe of the screen. It goes from what appears to be the guy waking up, scratching his shoulder, swipe, gun fire.

Why aren't we allowed to see what happened between the guy waking up and the gunfire? My guess is it doesn't look good for the cops. If it did - we would be watching it. Granted, its just a second or two. But why at that critical junction?

I also suspect that any editing is for the advantage of better optics for these cops.

And remember that they also saw that the gun didn't have a magazine. So if it were loaded, it would only have one bullet in it. One of the cops says "If he shoots he's only got one shot."

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

What are those clowns learning at the police academy? Is this is a cop dreaming of putting a bullit in someone and waiting for that moment to arrive. An example should be made to remind all cops not to always shoot people with guns.

It can not be this simple and stupid...how can six policeofficers at the same place and time be this stupid? If so, there is seriously something wrong with the mindset of cops in that department.

edit on 1/4/2019 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Guess he shouldn't have disobeyed verbal commands then huh? When you make furtive movements, reaching into a concealed area to grab an object - whatever that object may be - you should expect LE to defend themselves from your aggression.

There are phones that look like guns on the market now.

Bottom line is this: when LE gives you a lawful command to show your hands.. you show your darn hands! Not in 10 seconds or 10 minutes, immediately!

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Even if you are unconscious?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

My goodness.
What a bunch of cowards.

Worst idea in the history of ideas

When you fire a warning shot, you admit the threat wasn't serious enough to warrant deadly force. And since shooting/attempting to shoot/threatening to shoot is itself deadly force, they would be opening themselves up to civil and criminal penalties.

When you reach into an area in such a way that can be interpreted as reaching for a firearm, expect LE to defend themselves.

This POS probably thought he didn't have to follow the rules, and this is what happened.

No sympathy from me. Thin blue line is constantly under attack and being threatened by low lifes like this guy, I stand behind the badge. Our brave men and women of LE deserve no less. And in this case they did everything by the book.

Bottom line is this: When you're stopped by police there is a reason. You will either follow commands or you go to jail. When they make movements consistent with reaching for a firearm, officer training kicks in. Surely you heard the officer call it out "Gun gun gun" that is go time.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

AKA passed out in a drive through probably from drugs

So we have some criminal (druggie) passed out most likely from drug abuse, and then he goes so far as to reach into an unseen area as though he had a weapon.

What do you expect to happen? Maybe if police weren't under attacking and facing deadly threats 24/7 there would be room for debate and negotiation. But as it stands now, the law is on their side and frankly I don't see that they did one single thing wrong

The suspect ALWAYS controls the outcome of any police encounter. The officers are in charge but it is the subject themselves that is calling the plays. The officers can only respond to the subject's actions and when they make furtive movements and disobey clear verbal commands (ie: hands up or show me your hands) what do you expect?

It takes less than a second to crudely aim a weapon and discharge it. Less than 1 darn second. They don't have time to mess around with non-compliant jerkoffs who want to play gang banger and reach into their waistbands/pockets

I say again, simply complying with LE and not being a bonehead would alleviate 100% of these "public outrage at LE" situations. But blaming the officers for wanting to go home to their families is wrong. God willing, they are ready to give their lives to protect and serve but it doesn't mean they *want* to do it
edit on 4/1/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

As a former grunt with more than 42 months of combat duty I can tell you anyone claiming that the military would have reacted differently is lying. When you have a family to get home to, you don't take needless chances.

BS!

One half grunt to another grunt (13B10), that's complete BS. It's the difference between being sent into COMBAT where your purpose IS TO KILL THE ENEMY. I was both a police officer AND and canon cocker and I can tell you right now, there are NO similarities.

In this situation, time was on those LEO's side. In battle... Time isn't a luxury. You have to think on the fly. You have to think as fast as you possibly can when in any and all situations. What these guys are doing is trying to open a can of beans with a spoon, if that tells you anything. They don't need to think. They're just dogs with only one thing on their mind and a puffed up chest who stand behind a BS excuse, "I need to go home to my wife and kids". I was a cop. It aint like that. It's all about how you can do what the hell you want to do and not get caught. Your partners are your buddies till someone gets caught. There are no Ranger Buddies. Granted, there are some damn good hearted cops out there with a lot of sense, but there are more dumb arse retarded imbeciles of a person in Law Enforcement than good cops who joined because little johnny picked on him/her too much when they were in school.

The stories I could tell....

Go somewhere else with that adolescent BS.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So, the cops know he is asleep, the gun has one shot at most, they have him surrounded, he is boxed in and cant get away.

How about break the window and grab the gun? Or maybe break the window and taze him? How about one hole in the window and some pepper spray?

Did it really take that many shots from that many people at point blank to handle this?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Is it true that he was passed out because he was a druggie?

What if he had had a seizure of some kind or a heart attack?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Wouldn't that be an interesting turn..that we will never know.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Was he passed out because he was on drugs? Could you provide the link to that info?

Because if you don't have proof that he was passed out because he was a thug taking illegal drugs, then that part of your argument is invalid. Frankly, you seem to simply assume that he was on drugs. Why? There are plenty of reasons a person could pass out without doing anything illegal. So why are you assuming he's a druggie?

I am disappointed that you think officers didn't do "one single thing" wrong. Not one, huh? I see you in a different light now.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

You don't seem to understand that the guy was unconscious at the time of those verbal commands. And the cops knew he was unconscious. You can even hear one of them say "He's not awake yet."

So, people can't obey commands when they are unconscious. But their bodies CAN perform involuntary actions, like scratching an itch or swatting away a bug or an item that touches them. You learn something new everyday, huh?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I have just read that the call out was for a 'welfare check'.....

The person who called from Taco Bell to report the unresponsive driver is no doubt devastated......

And one of the police shooters (McMahon) shot someone in the back of the head only a year ago......he had only been a police officer for 6 months at that point.

Willie McCoy apparently had 25 gunshot wounds!

edit on 2-4-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Is it true that he was passed out because he was a druggie?

What if he had had a seizure of some kind or a heart attack?

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. The guy is a minority rapper that talks about doing drugs, selling drugs, and shooting both gang members as well as police in his "songs".

He is also a known gang member that was just caught in February during a drug raid in which he had an illegal hand gun.

I'm no cop lover, but when it comes to gang bangers with guns on their lap that also have a history of violence then I don't blame them at all.

Live by the gun, die by the gun. Good riddance!
edit on 2-4-2019 by MrBuddy because: rw

edit on 2-4-2019 by MrBuddy because: rw

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

What if it walks like a sleeping duck?

And please post a link to any information about Willie McCoy having a history of violence.... because I have seen nothing about him being violent.

So it seems that you are saying that the police knew who he was prior to murdering him with 25 shots.

edit on 2-4-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

what situation? all i see is police pointing their gun at a sleeping person while saying nothing then opening fire just because he moved, he wasn't even warned about the situation he was in or told to not move. unless there's more footage that explains the situation better all i see is a paranoid cop shooting someone for no reason other than fear and lack of discipline.

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join