It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cuts all direct assistance to Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

In any case, they keep using examples of spending MORE money than allowed

Trump is spending *less* big difference doesn't even compare

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
We have to ask ourselves the question why do we give people in our own backyard (gautemala, El Salvador, Honduras) 180 million down already from 420 million a year but give Israel 3.8 billion a year yet they have subsidized healthcare and college. Israel has a blooming economy and the countries mentioned our third world. Go figure.

www.newsweek.com...

www.usglc.org...

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 30-3-2019 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

We don't have access to the information usually. That is the point of the media, to provide that access to us. They are failing in their duty and rather than inform us they are trying to decide what we should believe and choosing what we get to hear in order to form those opinions.

link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Because Israel actually does something for us and doesn't send/permit truckloads of its citizens to illegally immigrate here.

We're saving hundreds of millions of dollars. This is a good thing.
edit on 3/30/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Tell me again why do we send Israel money when they are first world country with a booming economy?

Who sends the US money?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Mostly because they support our global military/intelligence operations and keep our sworn enemy Iran in check

Since the start of the Jewish state, we pledged our assistance and support to the one M/E nation that is always under attack and always under threat by extremists and terrorists

But again, Israel isn't a problem for this country and I have no problem helping nations that help us and help themselves. Israel isn't sending us "caravans" of illegal immigrants who believe they are entitled to come into our country and force their culture down our throats

Why the pivot to Israel?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
From what I understand the people fleeing these countries are doing so because they are escaping violence and persecution. Why have we been sending money to violent governments or governments that allow violence to occur in the first place.

Shouldn't have been supporting government dictatorship first place through regime change under Mafia control. Cartels have been infiltrating Latin Americans for a long time. The only way to end it. Is to go WW2 just like ending Nazi regime. Military forces should do what China or Philippine does. door to door and shoot to kill drug lord leaders and potential replacements based on entitlements by Cartels.

While letting farmers grow food again instead stupid ass coc aine. Also, huge penalty crackdown on military forces that accept bribes rather than them going around hunting cartels. Cartels are long overdue from being labelled as terrorists just like ISIS. Latin American media should start calling them Terrorist to be honest. There are basically the ISIS version of Latin America.
edit on 30-3-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Mostly because they support our global military/intelligence operations and keep our sworn enemy Iran in check

Since the start of the Jewish state, we pledged our assistance and support to the one M/E nation that is always under attack and always under threat by extremists and terrorists

But again, Israel isn't a problem for this country and I have no problem helping nations that help us and help themselves. Israel isn't sending us "caravans" of illegal immigrants who believe they are entitled to come into our country and force their culture down our throats

Why the pivot to Israel?

Just an observation about your post.

We weren't really backing the Israeli state in the early years. While it is true that Truman immediately gave political recognition to Israel, it wasn't until Johnson that the US was all in with military support. In between the French were the arms contact, and the Brits were their "big brother" protector.

I don't have a problem with Israel, as they are a good, competent, and reliable ally. Im just kind of anal about history.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

His posting history indicates, to me at least, he has an unhealthy hatred of the Israelis.

Why, is anyones guess. I can only assume, but he brings them up in many unrelated threads.

I've asked him before, but never really got a direct, coherant response
edit on 3302019 by Mach2 because: Sp

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Are you talking about me? I really don't have a problem with Israel I don't agree with Zionism. I respect Israel and the jewish people I just don't think as a country with a booming economy they should be getting any of our aid.

When did I mention Israel in my post history? You guys are like super detective sleuth I don't think I have ever stalked anyone's post history.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

should of been done long long ago

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The worlds largest economy is devastated with 23 trillion in the hole for giving our money to 3rd world countries

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Tell me again why do we send Israel money when they are first world country with a booming economy?
Who sends the US money?

The money US sends to Israel is a tactical exchange of an obvious nature. Everybody knows that and no need to be explained at all.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

If that's true, my mistake, my apologies.

Did you not bring up Israel multiple times in this thread that pretty clearly was about specific countries, directly related to the issue of illegal immigration, and US border security?

The discussion was not about general foreign aid policy, therefore unrelated to Israel.

I'm not the thread police, so post whatever you want, but it seemed you were going out of your way to single out one country, of many who get aid that isn't really warranted solely on the basis of being impoverished.

Like i said, if I had the wrong impression, I apologize. I don't "stalk" peoples post. I just go by an often bad memory.

Not for nothing, but I'm usually in agreement with your point of view on most subjects.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I don't really care that he cut off their bribes. That's what the money really was, in order to keep Russian interests away. Now I wouldn't be surprised if they started buying their military surplus from other vendors such as Russia.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Trueman

There is a lot of poor people right here

That extra money we save wont be used to help the poor in america. Who are you kidding.

Your opinion must be related to the experience of 8 years of Obama. Can't blame Trump, he's all for America.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

I'm sorry that my posts derailed the thread and that they came off as anti Israel, I was trying to point out the vast discrepancy in aid to a country with so much wealth and so little sent to the third world countries in our own back yard? I understand the fact that the countries in our own back yard are not using the money efficiently as I don't trust the majority of countries that get aid to spend it efficiently.

I strongly feel that cutting off aid to El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras will have a negative effect and cause even more refugees to come to our border. I am starting to lean towards a much tougher course of action as in a military intervention with issues brewing from Venezuela all the way to our southern border.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

It will be up to Congress how the saved money is spent.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyreadmymind
a reply to: gortex

The worlds largest economy is devastated with 23 trillion in the hole for giving our money to 3rd world countries

While the 20+ trillion debt is no laughing matter, it is not the dire straights that many believe.

It sounds like an astronomical number, and it is, but in the overall picture, it isn't projected to be an immenent crisis.

This is a bit long of a read, but worth the time if you want a better understanding of the economic reality of the threat.

www.oppenheimerfunds.com...

edit on 3302019 by Mach2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

No worries.

I also think Israel is able to support itself, but the reasons we give them aid is not typical of other countries.

As far a military action in central America, it wouldn't be unprecedented. We once went into Panama, and have done so covertly under many other circumstances, but given todays political climate of division, i doubt Trump could sell that to the public, without a false flag operation.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join