It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cuts all direct assistance to Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

There is a lot of poor people right here

That extra money we save wont be used to help the poor in america. Who are you kidding.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Most of you in this thread will never follow up on this and see where that "saved" money is being spent.

Will we feed the homeless of amerca?
Will we use it for infrastructure?
Will we cut taxes?
Will it go to raises for politicians or hush funds or lobbyists?
Will we give it to isreal or one of our other allies?

Do any of you really care?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Mach2

Ya and then we left them broken and destitute with a massive power vacuum. The point I am making really doesn't have much to do with how they got to that point as much as what happened afterwards and how maybe if we stick around awhile and helped them stabilize some maybe the Saudi groups wouldn't have been able to prop up the Taliban and turn the country into a training ground for alquada not to mention enslave the people into such a barbaric system.
If we just sit by and let these Latin American countries descend into chaos and refuse to help them someone else will. It might not be a terrorist group but then having China or Russia coming in and buy some land for a nice military base wouldn't be that great either.

You have a valid arguement, as far as allowing China, or Russia gaining a foothold in the western hemisphere, and if thats the purpose, then we should just say that we are buying friends, and stop trying to disguise it as "helping the downtrodden", as a way to sell it. I have far more respect for someone who says it like it is, than someone trying to BS me.

Would you support getting out of Asia, and the middle east entirely, and focusing on south, and central America?

Being the policeman of the world is getting very expensive, and it's a blurred line, as to where American interests end, and simply being the big shot on the block begins.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

If "news" was actually interested in an informed public that is the kind of stuff they would keep the public abreast of. Instead they are only interested in furthering progressive agendas and proving #OrangeManBad

Don't blame the people for not being able to follow all of these things when the media chooses what they want the public to know.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Most of you in this thread will never follow up on this and see where that "saved" money is being spent.

Will we feed the homeless of amerca?
Will we use it for infrastructure?
Will we cut taxes?
Will it go to raises for politicians or hush funds or lobbyists?
Will we give it to isreal or one of our other allies?

Considering how much we add to the national debt each year, I'm not sure out should be considered saved.

How about... Not given away?

Maybe if we stopped paying other countries to send us their unemployable, they'd stop imagining our country as a place with so much free money that even they can live like kinds.

Are they coming here for our plentiful good paying factory jobs? We sent those over seas.
When college educated Americans can't get good jobs, uneducated immigrants don't stand much of a chance... So what are they coming here for?

Handouts.

Welfare capitol of the planet- so much money we just give it away to other countries...

Going to be a fun ride watching our fiat currency system fail everyone.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Trueman

Very well done President Trump. Why should we give money to the main source of illegals.

Because cutting aid money will make their countries better and stem the flow of migrants looking for a better life....brilliant plan.

Perpetuate the 2nd and 3rd world. Brilliant plan..

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Lol, no. This technique is attempting to shame the people who don't care where the money goes because it doesn't affect them. They're happy with those countries simply not getting it. They may have an interest in where the money goes and might consider it or prefer it goes to certain things but beyond that nada. Always remember to observe people realistically.

Comfortable people with a higher standard of living usually aren't concerned with millions of other people that they don't know, will never meet, and possibly not like or respect having an easier time attaining a comparable comfortable higher standard of living.

Unless they're a liberal, otherwise how prestigious would upper middle class be if most people were in it. You won't find any Republicans or the right championing that ever. It's contradictory to their base of middle class, wealthy, and the majority of millionaires and billionaires.

Who's going to do labor jobs for lower wages, the combusted gasoline of the engine which is the USA? Money is the oil, the exhaust is exhaust. Outsource everything while we all live like kings?

There's a fundamental, underlying reason, several really that don't get discussed because they're taboo and often subconscious. We don't want anyone to stay down, we just want to stay up. Just like many liberals are oblivious to certain uglier aspects of their causes, so are a lot of conservatives, the meat and potatoes of the party.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Being the policeman of the world is just as disengeneous as helping the poor and downtrodden.
I think it is and always has been just where our govt sees they can get more bang for their buck weather it be in economic terms, resource aquisition or national security.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

That is easy, it is probably going to build the wall.

In the end, the bitter petty House is going to wish it had just funded our border wall. Not only did it fail to do that, but Dems in congress actually encourage illegal immigration!

They have nobody to thank for this but themselves.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Being the policeman of the world is just as disengeneous as helping the poor and downtrodden.
I think it is and always has been just where our govt sees they can get more bang for their buck weather it be in economic terms, resource aquisition or national security.

That's why I said it's a blurry line when pols do things, supposedly, in our national interests.

I think we can agree that hindsight is 2020, but, too often, we take actions, without a plan, or a clear end result in mind.

Look at Iraq, for example. The first Gulf war we had clear, defined goals to eject Saddam from Kuwait, destroy his offensive capabilities, and get out, with almost universal support.

The second time around though, there was no such clear, and defined plan, and the power vacuum we created, not only made the situation worse, but requires that we maintain a continuing presence there, for no real gain.

By the way, enjoyable exchange Dawnstar.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Less money going to them from the PUBLIC hand, that is.

Wonder how much of a boost the CIA money funneling down there got in the backroom, though. It's the unseen hand that says it all, not the one we see on TV.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Or to get the countries in question to take serious their obligation to work on their end to solve this.

I'm hoping that's what happens.

But lets be honest. What happens next is a toss up.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

The fiat currency won't fail those of us who have been dark-investing in assets not tied to it. Assets we'd never let the government know about in a million years, and they couldn't find it even with a plane-load of searchers

As one very limited non-compromising example (because I didn't invest heavily in Gold):

A solution of nitric and sulfuric acid can dissolve elemental gold. This creates a nice, gold colored liquid that can be hidden much easier than solid metal. Unless they intend to drain every fish tank, drain pipe and such a search would be fruitless.

Another example is investing heavily in products you can use vs. things worth money. A good example is long term storage food, water, medicine (by the truckload, E-pharmacies help with this), ammo, ammo making supplies, guns, gun making supplies, armor and various other useable/tradeable commodities.

The next best thing is to learn a skill that could be traded directly for goods. Either medical, construction, security related, etc.

But there are plenty of non-obvious ways to hide things that a tyrannical thieving greedy hand-stretching sore arm government would never even think of.

Having an off-site underground shelter helps. Having the will to stop - using any force necessary - *ALL* incursions into said bunker is good too and is my personal policy when such a disaster strikes. Those without the foresight to plan ahead (including government) will not be getting a shred of my supplies, safety, etc.
edit on 3/30/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Oh I agree. I think the outcome might as well be a game of roulette.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It is a toss up. You are 100% right

But should we keep throwing money at the problem in the mean time? I don't think so personally

We needed to send a message that we are serious about NO MORE ILLEGALS and I think this accomplishes that

We also need to send a message to any poor American who thinks they are too good for a job. GET OFF THEIR LAZY BEHINDS AND WORK. Unless both arms and legs are broken there is no excuse for not working. And even if they are, there are jobs available that don't require physical

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I'm not aware of any incident with Bush or Obama in which they thought they didn't need Congress to approve their budget measures.

Did Trump come out and say he is going to do this without Congress? And are you sure he needs congress to do it, or is it within his legal boundaries to act?
edit on 30-3-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If "news" was actually interested in an informed public that is the kind of stuff they would keep the public abreast of. Instead they are only interested in furthering progressive agendas and proving #OrangeManBad

Agreed but ats is not the msm. So shouldn't we get called out for following that same path?

Do we really need the msm to spoon feed us everything? If the info is out there than an ats member can find it.
My worry is that no ats member cares enough to search for it.

That the question of what that money will now be used for will be forgotten.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

Going to be a fun ride watching our fiat currency system fail everyone.

Would be fun for me but lots of people I love would pay the price with their lives.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Sookie apparently forgets the hundreds of BILLIONS Obama secretly shipped out to our mortal enemy Iran overnight

Or the goofy ACA - which they rammed through at the 11th hour.

Besides, that is only for spending money. There is no example - I agree - of a politician wanting to waste less of our hard earned money!

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Even if he did, is there any evidence he can't? There are situations where Congress does not need to approve it. This is why fake news media is the enemy of the people as Trump said. It's very possible Trump merely needs to let Congress know so they can do something else with the funds.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join