It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cuts all direct assistance to Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The propaganda that leads to posts like that. Question, what conditions are attached to this aid?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Trump has already refused aid to countries, this is not new.

Which countries has Trump unilaterally withheld pre-allocated aide, or halted aid through budget slashes, without the approval of Congress.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It matters because we are still a representative republic and Congress is an equal branch of the Government. Trump is not a king or a dictator, yet. He still needs Congressional approval on budget matters.

What President ever says... If congress agrees with me and the courts allow I will do XYZ. They say WE will do XYZ, or I will do XYZ with the full understanding there are many hurdles to over come in the process. You get triggered over thing that don't matter lol.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The propaganda that leads to posts like that. Question, what conditions are attached to this aid?

You tell me. Are there conditions that were violated that allows him to withhold funds? What are they? They aren't published in the article. Trump just basically stated that we're not getting anything for our money. What were we supposed to get that we didn't get, legally and contractually?

edit on 30-3-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

What president automatically thinks a divided Congress will approve everything he asks for, and claim "mission accomplished" before it even reaches the discussion table?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Sorry, not going to keep answering your questions when you refuse to do the same. I'll ask again. I expect a source to back up your answer.
Question, what conditions are attached to this aid?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I suspect that you're just deflecting because you don't have any answers.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

What president automatically thinks a divided Congress will approve everything he asks for, and claim "mission accomplished" before it even reaches the discussion table?

Bush and Obama to name recent ones ..lol

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Pretty sure it's clear who refused to answer questions. Everyone on ATS knows it's your MO as well, run when the questions get tough. You answer mine, I'll answer yours. So if you really think I can't answer this is your chance for a gotcha moment. All you need to do is the same thing you are asking of me, so it shouldn't be too hard.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Ya and then we left them broken and destitute with a massive power vacuum. The point I am making really doesn't have much to do with how they got to that point as much as what happened afterwards and how maybe if we stick around awhile and helped them stabilize some maybe the Saudi groups wouldn't have been able to prop up the Taliban and turn the country into a training ground for alquada not to mention enslave the people into such a barbaric system.
If we just sit by and let these Latin American countries descend into chaos and refuse to help them someone else will. It might not be a terrorist group but then having China or Russia coming in and buy some land for a nice military base wouldn't be that great either.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I'm not aware of any incident with Bush or Obama in which they thought they didn't need Congress to approve their budget measures.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Puerto Rico?? Maybe?? Although. They are actually part of the US.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Pretty sure it's clear who refused to answer questions.

I've been asking questions in this thread, not pronouncing answers. I asked if this edict refers to money already allocated, or proposed budget cuts. I don't know the answer.

You hinted that there may be conditions to the aid. I asked you what they are and if they were violated, or if the president asserts they were violated. I don't know the answers, I only know that if this is a budget issue, Trump needs Congressional approval.

edit on 30-3-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I know Obama released money to Palestinians after Congress put a hold on it because holds aren't legally binding even though it was the will of Congress.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Source please.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It can already be allocated, but with strings attached. It doesn't matter, any way you slice it Trump can withhold the money and engage Congress. Until you have all the facts don't go propagating fake news that "Trump can't do that".

IIRC Congress withheld $500 million from Pakistan, and then Trump withheld another $300 million by claiming they did not meet their obligation in getting the aid, and that $300m was sent back to Congress for re-appropriation.

I believe Trump either did or threatened to remove funding from Palestinians too, and was perfectly able to do so without the need to go to Congress by simply re-routing the aid somewhere else.
edit on 30-3-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

brilliant plan

If the plan is to cause an actual national emergency at our border before the 2020 elections than yes it really is a brilliant plan.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Or to get the countries in question to take serious their obligation to work on their end to solve this.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Trueman

Very well done President Trump. Why should we give money to the main source of illegals.

Because cutting aid money will make their countries better and stem the flow of migrants looking for a better life....brilliant plan.

The money already given to those countries has already done that 😎

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So using your logic, sending them MORE money would eliminate illegals. Sounds like extortion to me.

Probably not.
But you must agree that if they have less money it could create more illegals for us to deal with.

If it goes down like that and IF a ton more illegals do come here , do you think the wall would be effective enough or could even be built fast enough before the united states became unstable?

Imagine caravans 10 times the size of this most recent one coming at us in a six months-years time.

I'm going to be optimistic and say that the increase in illegal immigration wont be that high.
Legal immigration from those countries I think will go up more.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join