It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to come to a conclusion on Bigfoot

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
The problem you have is you do not believe in them.
It only takes ONE photo to be real.
It only takes ONE story to be real.

Yes, but because the claim runs very counter to general consensus, those things have to be proven. It would be nice if that happened, because I'm a big "fan" of Bigfoot, and it would be very fun if it was proven beyond any doubt to actually exist.

So far, though, we don't quite have that. Maybe with advancements in technology we'll get it. Hard to say. I'll keep waiting.

What proof would be good enough for scientists never mind the general public? DNA? Footprints? Sightings? Audio recordings? Photographic evidence? Video?
All of those have been done.
The only evidence that would convince the general public would be a body. If that what it takes, then I'm all for it. However, I don't know if I could shoot something that by all accounts (many hunters claim) looks remarkably human.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
No one here needs a history lesson on Bigfoot, Sasquatch or any of it's many names.
What we do need is some finality on what this phenomenon is.

Thousands of people have encountered something in the woods, that's a fact.

I would believe some have had a few too many, heard a coyote and promptly flipped out.

I would also believe that some have actually seen a 7 foot tall man wearing nothing but his birthday suit covered in hair wandering the woods.

Their are so many "Quanspiricies" taking place at the moment that I feel this has been lost in the shuffle.

It's not that I don't believe in that (most members will know I certainly do)

However I dare to find a connection, Human, Animal, Crossbreed or both.

I'am well beyond aware that this topic has been brought up, analyzed, and then brought up again.

My Question is...have we ever considered the possibility that "Bigfoot" is here to help us?

Is "Bigfoot" in disguise? If we shave them down..what's left.. a human?

If you look at the sky at night and believe all the stars we're put in place for our amusement..God help you.

Technology has taken the forefront lately in the conspiracy world..Robot's are taking us over!!

They may be however, lets get back to basics!

Why is their an inter dimensional "harry man" Roaming..Waiting?

I feel the search for "Bigfoot" may actually be a search for our forgotten ancestors...Why don't we use 75% of our brain?

ARE WE CHASING OURSELVES?

I know this guy is just trying to sell a book..but is he wrong?

www.inverse.com...

BigFoot drives the ecomony for some folks in small towns, with tourist and what not. I say BigFoot forever. He is an icon like madonna. He will always live. Even if they never find him or he doesn't exist. He is world class folklore. He is the nightmare or campfire story you tell at night. Or the thing that freaks out hikers when they hear hustling in the brush.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Well... informed, reasonable, intelligent people HAVE already come to a conclusion: they've concluded that the very concept of 8 foot tall, upright creatures somehow evading any and all detection (in spite of countless people spending countless time actively looking for them) and never leaving any trace whatsoever for centuries and counting, despite their size and the fact that their habitat is steadily shrinking, is blatantly absurd and self-evidently ridiculous. Because Bigfoot isn't real.
The End.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
a reply to: Assassin82

If not "Bigfoot" then what is out in the woods?

Deer, rabbits, possums, raccoons, etc etc.. You know, all of those animals that always leave numerous traces and a multitude of evidence of their presence, despite being much much smaller than the supposed Bigfoot? And... that's all. Because, again: the idea that these supposed massive creatures have somehow never been detected or left any trace whatsoever of their presence, in spite of countless people spending countless time actively looking for them for years upon years upon years, is RIDICULOUS.
edit on 9-4-2019 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus

Well... informed, reasonable, intelligent people HAVE already come to a conclusion: they've concluded that the very concept of 8 foot tall, upright creatures somehow evading any and all detection (in spite of countless people spending countless time actively looking for them) and never leaving any trace whatsoever for centuries and counting, despite their size and the fact that their habitat is steadily shrinking, is blatantly absurd and self-evidently ridiculous. Because Bigfoot isn't real.
The End.

The Sasquatch believers are fierce in their belief. I think it’s because they are so invested in it that they just can’t see the logic and rationale behind all the “evidence”. We can find dinosaur bones from millions of years ago, but not a single Sasquatch bones. We can dig up Sumerian outposts from thousands of years ago buried in the ground, but not one Bigfoot den. We stumbled across 270 new species of life in 2018, but we can’t focus our efforts to find definitive evidence of a species that has plagued bedtime stories for centuries.

To each their own I guess...personally I think they’re wasting their time. But I guess...more power to them and please, prove me wrong.
edit on 9-4-2019 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus

The End.

You might want to rethink what you consider informed, reasonable, and intelligent people then.

Dr. Grover Krantz
Dr. Jane Goodall
Dr. Samuel Sentell
Dr. Esteban Sarmiento
Dr. LeRoy Fish

All of whom hold many more credentials than you or I. I believe there is a chance this creature can exist. Anyone who says one extreme or the other must have proof for their claim. I believe the absolutism of there being no such creature stems from a lack of spending any amountable time in the actual wilderness and/or any knowledge about how vast it really is out there.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join