It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While Everyone is looking at Mueuller report The EPA Is being DEregulated Poisoning entire USA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is an absolute travesty Industry insiders making policy to benefit themselves THIS is the real conspiracy that EVERYONE should be out on the street about sabotaging the Science of the EPA .... for profits and killing by pollution the general population where is this in the MSM where is the OUTRAGE anything that is not crystal clear & pure Mother nature's Air IS BAD for your health period.

Their regulating and arguing that it wont kill you to early ( reducing your life expectancy!!!)to be concerned about SHEESH ppl wake up.

EPA Science Panel Considering Guidelines That Upend Basic Air Pollution Science .

www.npr.org...

Before the EPA disbanded it last year, a 20-person subcommittee called the Particulate Matter Review Panel was responsible for helping the agency decide how much air pollution is safe for Americans to breathe. With that group gone, only the seven-member Clean Air Scientific Advisory Committee is left to make recommendations.

www.sciencemag.org...

Tony Cox, who was named chairman of the Clean Air Scientific Advisory Committee by former EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt, accepted funding from the American Petroleum Institute (API) to help finance his research into particulate matter pollution. He also allowed the Washington, D.C.-based lobbying group to proofread and copy edit his findings before they were published, according to his own acknowledgements.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
Posting work written by others

edit on Fri Mar 29 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX TAGS ADDED

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Isn't the epa like the fda, kinda pointless. One is already in the pocket of oil lobbyists and the other in the pocket of big pharma. Seems kinda silly to pay people with our money to work against what's right for the environment and the people, but work for the people/businesses who are destroying the environment.

It would be nice to get some common sense rules and laws in place.... Like that's ever going to happen lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Rolling back redundant policies and laws is smart.

Not for nothing but from what I have read the USA's carbon emissions have decreased during Trumps Presidency.

So, it would seem that removing burdensome and job killing regulations hasn't hastened our demise at all.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Wow....I never would have thought i'd star and flag one your threads....sorry...

Anyway...

It's not just the EPA, while everyone's been worried about walls, caravans, gay black hoaxers, baby killing, investigations and every idiotic thing the president says, every single government department and organization has been all but dismantled, deregulated and handed to corporations. I'm not sure if there's any now that aren't being run by the current or ex CEO of a corporation.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Reducing appointed bureaucrats making unchecked laws, stifling business.

Reducing redundant Govt agencies.

Sounds a lot like draining the swamp.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Speaking as an ex Environmental Health and Safety supervisor, who has jumped through 9000 hoops to maintain an air permit for a peanut factory, I can say that I see nothing wrong with this.

I wasted two years of my life in that position trying to monitor and reduce dust emissions in West freaking Texas.

You really need to be on the receiving end of these ridiculous policies to see how stupid they are. I don't think ATS has the server space for me to go into the details of how unequally these are applied to just agricultural processing.

For instance, the seasonal operation of say a Cotton Gin is allowed to produce an insane amount of dust and pollution in a shorter period of time than a processing plant that operates year round.

The whole operation amounts to little more than racketeering.

Don't forget that your beloved EPA has crapped their own bed on more than one occasion, but they investigated themselves and found nothing wrong.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Ahh so let's become like China. And praise former corrupt scott Pruitt for his lovely actions. Trump is f*cling up on electing proper EPA administrators.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I get the biggest kick out of these kinds of posts.

I grew up in Pittsburgh in the 60's. When the steel coke furnaces were running, and there was snow on the ground, when you walked out in the morning, the entire landscape was covered in black ash. Everywhere.

That would or could never happen today in most civilized countries.

Buck up buttercup. Some of these kinds of regulations have been so grossly over-written, it's time for a dose of common sense to start breaking out.

Fred..

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Yea people don't want big gov. , but are blind to see the negatives of unbounded capitalism. Letting these companies pollute nature ...

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Citizens are a nuisance to corporations. All they want is consumers. Consumers do nothing but consume what ever the corporations offer in the marketplace, Citizens have the ability to act and vote against them in electing their representatives to government. These representatives can work to establish rules and regulations to promote the health and well being of those citizens. In other words, Promote the General Welfare.

This has always been an encumbrance to corporations. They do not like anything that stands in the way of their gluttonous profits. hence they work to dismantle any and all of the governmental work achieved to protect citizens from the corporate grab.

While many applaud smaller government, with good cause, the real agenda here is not the agenda of true conservatism but rather the agenda of the corporate world. That agenda is to do away with citizens and their rights and replace it with nothing more than the menu of what they think will serve the appetites of a consumer populace.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Ahh so let's become like China. And praise former corrupt scott Pruitt for his lovely actions. Trump is f*cling up on electing proper EPA administrators.

When did I say any of that? That's right, I didn't.

Keep it on point, will you, please.

If you are so appalled and alarmed at the EPA regulations being cut, please name just ONE single regulation cut by Trump that has, in the past, saved lives or been beneficial to the environment.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

If it wasn't for the EPA agency, would the globe be warming up even faster?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Then reform the EPA and policies. It's not good to just deregulate and allow pollution.. we need stuff in place to prevent becoming like china.

You can't just hand the trust to corporations..

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

The corporations have always been the ones crafting policies by proxy.

All regulatory agencies are weaponized. Usually, corporate think tanks come up with these policies and lobby for their implementation to stifle the competition.

You just haven't been paying attention.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Then reform the EPA and policies. It's not good to just deregulate and allow pollution.. we need stuff in place to prevent becoming like china.

You can't just hand the trust to corporations..

Are you familiar with the word, "redundant"?

Removing redundant regulations does not "allow pollution"...

What is it about these people that think the more the govt. controls everything the better off we all are? When this has been proven to be demonstrably false every time.

You must just really love useless political hacks and bureaucrats running things. Even though I cannot fathom why when they have proven to be so ineffectual.

More is not always better you know.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Sure. Scott pruit, elected by trump, proposed EPA cuts that would drastically reduce its ability to tackle drinking water violations. The EPA was only able to act on 11% of 8,000 infractions reported in violation of the lead and copper rule in 2017.

That's just one example.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
a reply to: blueman12

The corporations have always been the ones crafting policies by proxy.

All regulatory agencies are weaponized. Usually, corporate think tanks come up with these policies and lobby for their implementation to stifle the competition.

You just haven't been paying attention.

Bazinga!!! And some people think it's about actually helping the environment or the people.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I agree, but it would be 100x worse if you let corporations do whatever they want.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Sure. Scott pruit, elected by trump, proposed EPA cuts that would drastically reduce its ability to tackle drinking water violations. The EPA was only able to act on 11% of 8,000 infractions reported in violation of the lead and copper rule in 2017.

That's just one example.

"proposed" or ENACTED? So you are telling me that because of this "proposed" cut there is no one in the EPA able to tackle driking water violations?

Why didn't they tackle them during the 8 yrs of Obama, when the regulations were in abundance? And how did those reguluations help the people of Detroit with their drinking water?

HOw great was the EPA during the Obama admin. when they poisoned the Animus river in Colorado?

How did all the Obama era regulations work out for anyone in Detroit or the people and animals that rely on the Animas River for a water source?

I think you lack knowledge on the subject.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Have fun in corporate pollution land.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join